Chick Lit Book Club discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Book of the Month Suggestions > October 2012 Book Suggestions

Comments (showing 1-23 of 23) (23 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Marion (new)

Marion | 1150 comments The theme for October is a book where the main character is a mother. Please use the "add book" tool and post your suggestions before the poll goes up on September 10th.

Debbie's Spurts (D.A.) Boy am I going to take goodreads ratings more seriously now when nominating a book.

Life, Motherhood and the Pursuit of the Perfect Handbag by Emily Roberson

message 4: by Marion (new)

Marion | 1150 comments Deborah (Debbie Rice) wrote: "Boy am I going to take goodreads ratings more seriously now when nominating a book.

Life, Motherhood and the Pursuit of the Perfect Handbag by Emily Roberson"

This one looks good, but I am not sure that it would be available to everyone.

message 5: by Marion (new)

Marion | 1150 comments I would like to recommend these books...

Before the Storm by Diane Chamberlain Winter Garden by Kristin Hannah The Soldier's Wife by Margaret Leroy

message 6: by Debbie's Spurts (D.A.) (last edited Sep 02, 2012 12:12PM) (new)

Debbie's Spurts (D.A.) Looks like, so far, all nominations are available ebook and hardcopy versions if you are a U.S. reader. Anyone from U.K., Australia, Canada or other countries unable to get?

All except the first one have at least 1,000 ratings on goodreads if anyone wants to peruse the reviews. Not always an indication since everyone has different tastes, but with so many reviews less likely to just be friends and family of author reviewing and more likely to find a review that tells you something useful.

Off to check overdrive database to see if library ebook available...The Soldier's Wife was without needing an ehold. Others were not. No idea about everyone's individual brick-and-mortar libraries :) but did find off topic interesting book entitled The Devious Book for Cats: A Parody I put on ehold …*groan*… oh the growing TBR pile …

message 7: by Ashley (new)

Ashley Marion wrote: "I would like to recommend these books...

Before the Storm by Diane Chamberlain Winter Garden by Kristin Hannah The Soldier's Wife by Margaret Leroy"

Winter Garden was a great book!

message 8: by Lynne (new)

Lynne | 8 comments I would like to suggest One Pink Line, thank you!
One Pink Line by Dina Silver

message 9: by Randi (new)

Randi (smilesforrandi) | 45 comments Lynne wrote: "I would like to suggest One Pink Line, thank you!
One Pink Line by Dina Silver"

I second this one! It's been on my TBR list for awhile now

message 10: by Donjeta (last edited Sep 04, 2012 06:41AM) (new)

Donjeta | 11 comments I would like to suggest this book!
10 Reasons Not To Fall In Love by Linda Green

as well as,
Stealing Home (The Sweet Magnolias #1) by Sherryl Woods

message 11: by Christine US (new)

Christine US (ChristineUS) | 42 comments I'd like to suggest 16 Lighthouse Road (Cedar Cove, #1) by Debbie Macomber

message 12: by Erin (new)

message 13: by Sonja (new)

Sonja I have been wanting to read Prospect Park West by Amy Sohn

message 14: by Zorana (new)

Zorana | 2 comments Babies in Waiting by Rosie Fiore
maybe this one...

message 15: by Millicent (new)

Millicent Rogers (twinatapp) | 136 comments Everyone has such good suggestions, is appropriate to add all these books to my to-read list?
What about Mrs. Perfect by Jane Green! http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/23...

message 16: by Chelsi (new)

Chelsi | 47 comments I second babies in waiting

message 17: by Vikki (new)

Vikki (silverstarz) | 62 comments Juliet wrote: "I'm recommending this I Don't Know How She Does It: The Life of Kate Reddy, Working Mother
I Don't Know How She Does It The Life of Kate Reddy, Working Mother by Allison Pearson"

I'll second this - it's on my to-read list :o)

message 18: by Debbie's Spurts (D.A.) (last edited Sep 05, 2012 08:08AM) (new)

Debbie's Spurts (D.A.) Do we need to second books? Or does discussion leader just narrow down to roughly a half dozen for the poll?

Babies in Waiting and 10 Reasons Not To Fall In Love I wasn't able to find in ebook version in U.S.

(there's an omnibus edition for Cedar Cove series books if anyone putting 16 Lighthouse Road on their reading list whether or not selected as group read; plus public libraries participating in overdrive database has entire series in ebook format)

message 19: by Marion (new)

Marion | 1150 comments Deborah (Debbie Rice) wrote: "Do we need to second books? Or does discussion leader just narrow down to roughly a half dozen for the poll?

Babies in Waiting and 10 Reasons Not To Fall In Love I wasn't able to find in ebook ve..."

I think if you are interested in a book that has been mentioned there isn't anything wrong with a "second". The poll choices are up to the discussion leader but I would think that the leader would appreciate knowing multiple people are interested in the book.

I do know that we also try to take into consideration how many formats are available (paperback/hardback, kindle, epub, etc). Personally, before I vote in the poll, I make sure I can get the book I'm voting for from my usual sources. If I can't, I vote for a different book.

message 20: by Ana (last edited Sep 07, 2012 01:42AM) (new)

message 21: by Marion (new)

Marion | 1150 comments So many great suggestions! I found another one to throw on the list...

Every Last One by Anna Quindlen

message 22: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Coburn | 2 comments Tales From The Crib by Jennifer Coburn

Hi, The kindle version of my book Tales from the Crib is FREE this Tuesday-Sat for anyone who would like to check it out. Greatly appreciate!

Jen Coburn

message 23: by Marion (new)

Marion | 1150 comments Thank you for the suggestions. This thread is now closed. Please vote on the poll which is open until September 20th.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.