The Writers' Association discussion

Reading & Writing Challenges > September-January Reading Challenge

Comments (showing 1-5 of 5) (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

Your reading challenge for September-January is to read as many classics as you can. Any classics from Alexander Dumas to Jane Austen, Charles Dickens to Herman Melville. Just read as many classics as you can! Classics are a lot of fun and I think that they're wording is something we could incorporate in today's literature.

message 2: by Lucinda (new)

Lucinda Sounds great! I shall dust my old leather bound books and pluck them off the bookshelf to add to my reading pile.

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

I thought it would be a fun challenge. It is just the quality in classics just isn't found in today's literature very often! It is very disappointing.

message 4: by Lucinda (new)

Lucinda Catalina *The Cat Herself* wrote: "I thought it would be a fun challenge. It is just the quality in classics just isn't found in today's literature very often! It is very disappointing."

True, but then some fiction and chik-lit are designed to be 'lighter' reads. I supose it is a good way of reaching out to all types of readers and encouraging people to enjoy reading and wanting to read for pleasure.

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

Yes, chik-lit is also very nice when I just need to read, not really caring about the quality of the writing, just wanting to read tons of words on a page and be able to say I read a book on Goodreads.