The Writers' Association discussion

Introduce Yourself > *Introduce Yourself*

Comments (showing 1-50 of 132) (132 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

Please, introduce yourself and make yourself comfortable. I am Catalina, a currently unpublished author who hopes to make her name in the world later in history.

This is also a potential chat topic to talk with new members.

message 2: by Lucinda (new)

Lucinda Dear Everyone,
I would firstly like to thank Catalina for inviting me to her group which is an honor, as it sounds apsolutely increadible and something that is most exciting.
As an amateur writer and lover of literature, i am constantly writing and trying to improve with practise hence this group is ideal. Writing contests and challenges are great for motivation and practise, and as they say 'practise makes perfect'. Critiques and having your own writing critiqued and feedback from others is so important, as it helps one to learn from thier mistakes, take on board another persons constructive critisism and grow. Writing constantly is also so important if 1. you love it and 2. you want to improve.
I hope one day to publish my work and the novel that i am currently working on, and to also work within a written based career hence i thank Goodreads continuously for its aid in this sector. I look forward to many interesting and insightful discussions as well as lots of writing and activities within this group, and of course conversing with many likeminded indaviduals.
Lucinda x

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

You are most welcome for the invite, Lucinda, and may I say that I had you in mind when I was creating this group? I did. I simply love your roleplays and writing in other groups so I thought this would hopefully be good. I'm very excited for it all to start.
Also, Lucinda, I would like to thank you for seeing the essence of this group and not thinking it to be too strict. I had just wanted to find people who were serious about writing, not just playing around with it, thinking it is nothing. I really hope this group fits your idea.

message 4: by Lucinda (new)

Lucinda I am most touched by your words Catalina, and yes i do think it is important to have groups in which people take writing seriously as well as having fun. I love Roleplays as you can be anything or anyone for a while and escape, loosing yourself in the character that you are writing about which is good writing practise i think! I am sure that this group will be a sucsess, and i shall invite some of my friends too. x

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

Thank you, Lucinda, it really does mean a lot. And please do invite people! I really would love for this group to get bigger. And that is one of the main reasons why I roleplay- to escape. Isn't that why we read as well?

message 6: by Lucinda (new)

Lucinda One reads to escape from reality and daily life, going on a journey to another world far away full of drama and magic. Where dreams can become reality and nightmares forgotten, spirit and hope is kindled and love blossoms. Ones imagination is so powerful as our thoughts and feelings do shape and change the course of the future, where perceptions can be altered and vision cleared. Glimpsing into another indaviduals mind and seeing what they see, understanding thier thoughts and perceptions is the greatest gift that we could possibly be given. Reading is indeed special, by transfering our thoughts onto paper we are bearing our souls to the world; it is quite a brave thing to do, if you have the courage to write it.

message 7: by Lucinda (new)

Lucinda *Catalina* It says that i am unable to invite people to this group because it is 'non-public'??

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

Oh, yes, that. I was planning to ask if you wanted to be a moderator. Would you be up to it?

message 9: by Lucinda (new)

Lucinda Catalina *The Cat Herself* wrote: "Oh, yes, that. I was planning to ask if you wanted to be a moderator. Would you be up to it?"

I would love to, thank you so much! x

message 10: by Anne (new)

Anne (Cinderella16) | 4 comments Hello, thank you for inviting me.

message 11: by Lucinda (new)

Lucinda Hi Anne! :) x

message 12: by Anne (new)

Anne (Cinderella16) | 4 comments Good to see you, Lucinda. (or write you as the case may be)

message 13: by Lucinda (new)

Lucinda Anne wrote: "Good to see you, Lucinda. (or write you as the case may be)"

Likewise :)

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

Welcome, Anne! Sorry that this is a little late.

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

Lucinda wrote: "Catalina *The Cat Herself* wrote: "Oh, yes, that. I was planning to ask if you wanted to be a moderator. Would you be up to it?"

I would love to, thank you so much! x"

I just officially added you as moderator! Congratulations.

Althea *Go wolves and dragons!*(Coach Hedge) Inigo (Eiyah_Fantasyfreak) | 8 comments Hi, I'm Althea and I've been invited here by Lucinda: )

message 17: by K J (last edited Sep 01, 2012 03:55AM) (new)

K J Bennett (KJBennett) | 1 comments Hi,

My name is Kevin, writing under the name of K J Bennett.

I have one book out on Kindle and in Paperback – "Pike’s Quest", a set of short stories – "K J's Shorts”. My next novel, a thriller – “Rathbone Kydd” - should be out on Kindle by mid September, and in paperback a few weeks later.

Thanks to Lucinda for inviting me here.

message 18: by Lucinda (new)

Lucinda I am so pleased that both you Althea and Kevin have joined this group, and hope that you enjoy the writing and discussions.x

Alexander Stuart Cross (usershow5549736-rose) | 3 comments Hey. I'm rose. Thanks for the invite Lucinda :D

Althea *Go wolves and dragons!*(Coach Hedge) Inigo (Eiyah_Fantasyfreak) | 8 comments Bookaholic aka ROSE wrote: "Hey. I'm rose. Thanks for the invite Lucinda :D"

ROSE!

message 21: by Syed Zeeshan (new)

Syed Zeeshan Yunus (nahseez) | 1 comments Hey, Zeeshan here from Karachi. Invited here by Lucinda :) Plan to write an epic one day :D

message 22: by Lucinda (new)

Lucinda Welcome Zeeshan and the very best of luck with your writing endeavours!

message 23: by Alexander Stuart Cross (last edited Sep 01, 2012 10:58AM) (new)

Alexander Stuart Cross (usershow5549736-rose) | 3 comments Althea *Go wolves and dragons!* wrote: " Bookaholic aka ROSE wrote: "Hey. I'm rose. Thanks for the invite Lucinda :D"

ROSE!"

Lol althea. HIII! :) and hiya Zeeshan!

message 24: by [deleted user] (new)

Welcome Althea, K J, Rose, and Zeeshan! Sorry that I'm a little late in welcoming you guys here. I hope you enjoy the group!

Alexander Stuart Cross (usershow5549736-rose) | 3 comments Thanks and NP! XOXO

message 26: by [deleted user] (new)

Thanks Lucinda for adding the picture! I don't have any that would fit. :(

message 27: by Lucinda (new)

Lucinda Catalina *The Cat Herself* wrote: "Thanks Lucinda for adding the picture! I don't have any that would fit. :("

It took me a while to find something that i thought would work, pleased you like it.x

message 28: by Hemmie (new)

Hemmie Martin (HemmieMartin) | 12 comments Hello everyone

I would like to thank Lucinda for inviting me to this group. It looks like a wonderful group to be a member of. Sorry for my delay in responding, but I've just spent a week in Cornwall without a computer, although I did have a notebook and pen!
My first novel,'The Divine Pumpkin' is out now, published by Winter Goose Publishing, and my second one is out in Feb 2013. I write contemporary women's fiction with a dark edge.
I am an avid reader and I am constantly trying to improve my writing. I am poor at promoting myself on the web as I am in the real world, so I need to improve in that arena.
Sorry for being too verbose.

Take care One & All
Hemmie.

message 29: by Lucinda (new)

Lucinda Hi Hemmie,
Welcome to this group! I do hope that you enjoy all the various discussions and writing. Have fun x
Lucinda

message 30: by Hemmie (new)

Hemmie Martin (HemmieMartin) | 12 comments Thank you! Just started editing new WIP so not a lot of fun there!

Have a great day x

message 31: by [deleted user] (new)

Welcome Hemmie! Sorry that this is a little late.

message 32: by Hemmie (new)

Hemmie Martin (HemmieMartin) | 12 comments Hello Catalina! No need to apologise, we all live in a very busy world. Hope you have a glorious weekend.

message 33: by [deleted user] (new)

I can't wait for it to start. It has been a LONG week. Our water heater broke, our garage flooded, and we've had contractors and plumbers in and out of our house all week.

message 34: by Hemmie (new)

Hemmie Martin (HemmieMartin) | 12 comments Holy moly, sounds exhausting, and I imagine your nerves were frayed too. Puts into perspective my kitchen sink blockage and subsequent flood in the cupboard below. I now have a very clean under-the-sink cupboard.
I now wish you a very peaceful weekend.

message 35: by Lucinda (new)

Lucinda Catalina *The Cat Herself* wrote: "I can't wait for it to start. It has been a LONG week. Our water heater broke, our garage flooded, and we've had contractors and plumbers in and out of our house all week."

I do hope that you have a nice weekend and that next week is better! x

message 36: by [deleted user] (new)

It has been a nice weekend so far. My grandparents from Wisconsin arrived late last night and in two days we're going to the Grand Canyon! I'll be off for a couple days during that so you'll be on your own for a bit, Lucinda.

message 37: by Lucinda (new)

Lucinda Wow! I have never been abroad hence there are many increadible places that i would love to see, hopefully one day.
That's okay. I will try my best to make this group interesting, challenging and fun. x

message 38: by [deleted user] (new)

I am assured that you will :)

message 39: by Cadence (new)

Cadence Donovan | 4 comments I'm honored to be invited to this group. I self-published my first book, "I Feel Only You" this year and am currently working on the next book in the series. Look forward to challenginging myself through interactions in Writer's Association.

message 40: by Hemmie (new)

Hemmie Martin (HemmieMartin) | 12 comments Cadence wrote: "I'm honored to be invited to this group. I self-published my first book, "I Feel Only You" this year and am currently working on the next book in the series. Look forward to challenginging myself t..."
Welcome, Cadence!

message 41: by Lucinda (new)

Lucinda Dear Cadence,
Welcome to the WA, i do hope that you enjoy the various discussions here for authors and writers. Your book is a compelling read that i thoroughly enjoyed reading, hence i look forward to future updates about your next book.
Lucinda x

message 42: by [deleted user] (new)

Welcome, Cadence!

message 43: by L.E. (new)

L.E. Fitzpatrick (L_E_Fitzpatrick) | 7 comments Hello all, I'm Lynzie. I'm a self-published author of two books and one short prose. I'm really excited about getting involved with other writers and challenges.

Mainly I write fantasy, but I love to read all genres and I am hoping by the end of next year to be a qualified proof reader so any practice I can get here would be awesome.

message 44: by Lucinda (new)

Lucinda Dear L.E.
Welcome to the WA, i do hope that you enjoy this group and the various discussions. All the very best with your books and i do hope to be able to read your work sometime, as i am a huge fan of fantasy!
Lucinda x

message 45: by Linda (new)

Linda Parkinson-Hardman (lindaph) Hi Everyone, and thanks Lucinda for the invite to the group as well. My name is Linda and I've published seven books (six of them in print as well), three of them are Amazon Best Sellers and I'm fortunate enough to get a decent income from my writing and books. I also have a blog at www.womanontheedgeofreality.com where I talk about marketing and other useful topics for authors. I do a weekly author interview called the Thursday Throng and try to get involved in something called Friday Fictioneers each week as well. Let me know if you'd like to take part in the Thursday Throng.

At the moment I'm hosting Destiny Allison, Denise Hartman and shortly Becky Chopra - all of them are doing giveaways and if you're interested in seeing what other authors lives are like then it can be very entertaining and relieving at the same time :-)

Bye for now

Linda
:-)

message 46: by Hemmie (new)

Hemmie Martin (HemmieMartin) | 12 comments Hi Linda, I've just looked at your wonderful blog which is a veritable source of writer nuggets. I'm struggling with marketing, so hopefully I will get some guidance from your blog.

Take care

Hemmie

message 47: by Cadence (new)

Cadence Donovan | 4 comments Hi Linda, I took a quick look at your blog and right away found some interesting information, I.e., Weekly Word and updating description and Shelfari. Thanks for sharing.

message 48: by Lucinda (last edited Sep 10, 2012 07:28AM) (new)

Lucinda Hi Linda,
I am glad you have joined the writers group & i wish you all the best and much sucsess with your work.
Lucinda x

message 49: by L.E. (new)

L.E. Fitzpatrick (L_E_Fitzpatrick) | 7 comments Thanks Luncina - great blog Linda.

message 50: by Dick (new)

Dick Reynolds (DickRey) | 6 comments Hello Fellow Scribblers,
First, thanks to Lucinda for inviting me to join this group. I've been greatly impressed by all the authors, readers and friends I've met on Goodreads. At the moment, I'm slaving away on novel #5, a sequel to the last one called "Filling in the Triangles." I'm about 2/3 of the way through and hope to complete it by the end of this year.
To save space (and your time), I'm pasting in a link to some recent bio-notes posted by Milspeak Books. All the best,
Dick Reynolds

https://www.smashwords.com/profile/vi...

« previous 1 3