Making Connections discussion

ARCHIVES > Critique groups

Comments (showing 1-6 of 6) (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Judith (new)

Judith Leger (JudithLeger) | 128 comments AUTHORS: Just curious. If you had the opportunity to join a critique group, would you be willing to critique other romance genres? IE: BSDM, GBLT, Erotica, Erotic etc.?

message 2: by Sass (new)

Sass Cadeaux | 7 comments If the author is seeking a read with honest feedback … yes. However, if the author is seeking an ego stroke … oh heck no!

message 3: by Justin (new)

Justin (JustinBienvenue) | 773 comments While I learned in Creative Writing class in high school that Critique is good I just became an author and it isn't until you have a published book that you start to question critiquing and push away from it..least that's my take, I appreciate it but not as much as I once did

message 4: by Judith (new)

Judith Leger (JudithLeger) | 128 comments This critique group is a bunch of published authors who help each other tightened their books before they submit them to a publisher. Each person shares their publishing knowledge with the others.

message 5: by Judith (new)

Judith Leger (JudithLeger) | 128 comments Oh, and the critiques can be brutal. We are completely honest so to help the author produce the best writing.

message 6: by MD (new)

MD Carrier | 4 comments So, how does this work? I just send in my novel and you guys respond?