Stephen King Fans discussion

Movies & TV shows > Golden Years

Comments Showing 1-19 of 19 (19 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Angie, Constant Reader (new)

Angie | 2543 comments Mod
Has anyone watched this? I was scrolling through my guide and saw that next Saturday Feb 7th, Chill will be showing all 8 episodes so I have them set to record. I myself have not seen this show.

message 2: by Kandice (new)

Kandice | 3945 comments I saw it when it first came out. I don't remember tons about it, except that there was an old man, a scientific "accident" made grow younger. I think I remember the theme song being Golden Years by David Bowie, which I LOVE.

message 3: by Rachel (new)

Rachel | 701 comments I don't remember if I saw this or not.

message 4: by Emma (last edited Feb 01, 2009 07:28AM) (new)

Emma Audsley (emmaaudsley) | 25 comments I remember watching this with my mum, it was always shown at weekends!

message 5: by Angie, Constant Reader (new)

I read that the opening song is by Bowie. That's pretty big! I am surprised he did it.

message 6: by Kandice (new)

Kandice | 3945 comments The same song is in A Knight's Tale. The dance scene during is beautiful. It's an excellent song.

message 7: by Angie, Constant Reader (new)

Oh I do know the song now! I didn't realize it was that song. Poor Heath!

message 8: by Angie, Constant Reader (new)

Felicity Huffman totally looks like Scully in this show. I am starting it today and it is kinda slow.

message 9: by Angie, Constant Reader (new)

Felicity Huffman totally looks like Scully in this show. I am starting it today and it is kinda slow. I mean it is taking forever to get out of the blue room hospital scenes.

message 10: by Kandice (new)

Kandice | 3945 comments It gets better once you do. It's been a long time since I saw it, but, I do remember liking it once it got going.

message 11: by Angie, Constant Reader (new)

If you haven't seen this before.. you're in luck! http://wilmonfilm.blogs.starnewsonlin...

message 12: by Dustin (new)

Dustin Angie wrote: "If you haven't seen this before.. you're in luck! http://wilmonfilm.blogs.starnewsonlin..."

Thankee for sharing!:)

message 13: by Rick (new)

Rick | 38 comments I saw this when it first aired and really enjoyed it. Although that was years and years ago. I was wondering if the new DVD coming out was formated as individual episodes or edited into a single narrative. I also seem to recall there being two endings - the original broadcast conclusion being different from what was released on the original DVD release. Anyone know?

message 14: by Randy (new)

Randy Eberle | 92 comments The new DVD has the new ending and is a single narrative. However, if you want to watch the original episodic version (which I actually prefer despite the "to be continued" ending), you can find that on Netflix.

message 15: by Randy (new)

Randy Eberle | 92 comments Angie, David Bowie did not write the song for the TV series; it was originally released on his 1976 album Station to Station.

message 16: by Rick (new)

Rick | 38 comments Thanks!

message 17: by Randy (new)

Randy Eberle | 92 comments No problem. :-)

message 18: by Angie, Constant Reader (new)

Randy wrote: "Angie, David Bowie did not write the song for the TV series; it was originally released on his 1976 album Station to Station."

BOO.. HISS!!! Such a let down (though still cool they used Bowie).

message 19: by Randy (new)

Randy Eberle | 92 comments Lol Angie