Challenge: 50 Books discussion

What counts?

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Gloria Clark (new)

Gloria Clark | 104 comments So what all counts? If I read a book for a class does that count, if I read the whole book? Or do only leisure books count?

message 2: by Mary Todd (new)

Mary Todd (marytodd) | 924 comments You count every little thing you want!

message 3: by Gloria Clark (new)

Gloria Clark | 104 comments Well, but some things seem a little less, honst, than others. For instance, if I read my neice "The Jungle Books," watered dow Disney-fied versio, i've read a book, but not so much in the manner that should "count," I guess. I dunno.

message 4: by Mary Todd (new)

Mary Todd (marytodd) | 924 comments It is TOTALLY up to you what you count. There are no 'quality police' here. (If there were 1/2 of my junkfood murder mysteries wouldn't count!)

message 5: by Gloria Clark (new)

Gloria Clark | 104 comments Right-O.

ஐ Briansgirl (Book Queen)ஐ (briansgirlkate) Personally I count every adult book I finish, including short stories or novellas. The Canterville Ghost by Oscar Wilde and Rip Van Winkle by Washington Irving are considered short stories but classics that I finished in January. But I don't count the Berenstain Bears that I read my kids although you could. But that's just me personally.

message 7: by Kelly (new)

Kelly (kellyspencer) | 60 comments Funny, I was thinking about this question too. I would be close if I counted my sons books. Although he requests the same books over and over. :)

message 8: by Jasmine (new)

Jasmine (calibaby27) i only count my big books because if i counted all the books my niece demands me to read to her i would be up to 100 every month also i dont feel like when i complete a kindergarten book like i hav actually read a book just a few pages of laughter