Fantasy and Vampire Book Club discussion

Series Books Discussion > Discovery of witches by Deborah Harkness

Comments (showing 1-12 of 12) (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Adele, Moderator (new)

Adele (Turtil) | 1739 comments Mod
so who read participated in the August 2012 BOM?
have you read the second book yet? tell us what you thought of the second book. and if you missed out to comment on the BOM ; Tell us what you think of the first book discovery of witches.

message 2: by Colleen (new)

Colleen I started reading the second one, and so far it is really good. I'm on pg. 261. I will post again when i finish but i really do love it so far.

message 3: by Norma, BOM & Co Moderator (new)

Norma Mills | 583 comments Mod
I LOVED this series, though book 3 is taking far longer than I hoped. I also don't see how she can clean it all up in one book. I feel this could go on for a very long time, but that is ok because it is one of the most engrossing, addictive read I have ever read for adults!

I could see the places they were, I could see what was going on in the book like it was a movie. It was detailed and so well written. She explained everything and gave details on the most small idea and just went with it. It was great.

message 4: by Adele, Moderator (new)

I ended up devouring both books. but you are right it seems like I have been waiting forever for it to come out.
actually I have put these books on my re read list.

message 5: by Tammy (new)

Tammy | 65 comments Awesome books...love,love,love!!! So many books I want to read!!!!! I am an addict!! :)

message 6: by Norma, BOM & Co Moderator (new)

OMG OMG! Book 3 is coming out, I think July 8, 2014! YAY!!!!!

message 7: by Adele, Moderator (new)

There is a third coming out? Oooh looking forward to that.

message 8: by Norma, BOM & Co Moderator (new)

Yes.. June I believe. My picture is the new books cover

message 9: by Conny (new)

Conny Kraus | 2 comments I am currently stuck in the middle of book 2. While I read book one within 4 days, this one is different.
Diana has changed a lot, what might be understandable, given the circumstances, but there is no progress in the story. Both are caught up in the problems Matthew encountered while living through that time before and finding the manuscript seems to be a distant goal, easily to be forgotten.

Is it getting better towards the end?

message 10: by Norma, BOM & Co Moderator (new)

Conny wrote: "I am currently stuck in the middle of book 2. While I read book one within 4 days, this one is different.
Diana has changed a lot, what might be understandable, given the circumstances, but there ..."

I read this book, it took me a while, but I kept going. A lot of it is very mundane and blah blah blah, but some parts you are like YEAH! What part are you at? Have they gone to Prague yet? Have you met someone special or Matthew yet???

message 11: by Conny (new)

Conny Kraus | 2 comments Its Book 2, Shadow of Night.

They are still in London, where Diana is told over and over again not to leave the house alone, even better: not to leave it at all, Matthew senses danger everywhere...

message 12: by Norma, BOM & Co Moderator (last edited May 28, 2014 09:16AM) (new)

Conny wrote: "Its Book 2, Shadow of Night.

They are still in London, where Diana is told over and over again not to leave the house alone, even better: not to leave it at all, Matthew senses danger everywhere..."

Oh yeah... It gets WAY Better. They go to France and you meet Matthews mother BEFORE and the mysterious father. Some brothers I think... A sister... You get Matthew's history and how he became what he is... You bounce back to present day a few times... You go to Prague... You meet a few present day people in the past... It gets MUCH Better and the ending you almost DIE... Wicked cliffhanger.