Goodreads Feedback discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Suggestions & Questions > easily adding books in my lists to my group's bookshelf

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by James (new)

James (foozmeat) | 9 comments Hi, I just created a private group for my friends and I to discuss what we're reading. I thought it might be cool to add books that are up for grabs to the group's bookshelf. There doesn't seem to be an easy way to add books to it besides searching all of goodreads.

I would like to be able to batch add them from the edit view of my books as well as have the option to add them from the books own pages.

Thanks!

message 2: by Otis, Chief Goodreader (new)

Otis Chandler | 4184 comments Mod
Great suggestions! We'll put them on the list.

message 3: by Grant (new)

Grant (grantneufeld) | 3 comments I agree — this would be a very useful feature that I would expect to lead to more books being put on the group shelves.

Another suggestion:

Currently, the books people see on my group’s page are the books I added when I created the group. To see any books added more recently, you have to make a couple clicks through to different pages.

I would like the group book shelves to be presented in reverse chronological order rather than chronological order (as it is now). Thus, showing the most recently added books on the group’s main page instead of the oldest ones.

Thanks!

message 4: by Otis, Chief Goodreader (new)

Otis Chandler | 4184 comments Mod
Hey Grant,

Good call - I'm surprised they weren't already in reverse chronological order - we'll fix that asap!

message 5: by Grant (new)

Grant (grantneufeld) | 3 comments Thanks — that’ll be appreciated.

message 6: by Debbie (new)

Debbie Moorhouse It'd be cool to be able to add books to my group at the same time as I'm adding them to my own shelves. After all, my group reflects my interests :D.

message 7: by Wikiquote (last edited Nov 17, 2010 01:15PM) (new)

Wikiquote (itwikiquote) | 9 comments Yes, it's really needed to be able to batch add multiple books to a group bookshelf selected in your own book list or in a subset of it (eg. books with some tag). It's really annoying to add each book individually, apart from frequent errors which have been reported in this group.

It's something more essential than Add to Group Shelf feature and Importing books to groups, which would be nonetheless useful features as well; in aNobii it's possible.

message 8: by Michael (new)

Michael (mhorvvitz) | 3 comments Has this feature been added yet? I am also looking for a way to do this in my lending library group.

Thanks

message 9: by Jaclyn, Goodreads Expert (new)

Jaclyn Woods (Jaclyn_Woods) | 3837 comments Mod
Michael - so sorry we missed your comment here. This functionality hasn't been added to the site as of yet, but that's not to say we won't add it in the future. I've let the team know that this request is still garnering interest.

message 10: by Dan (new)

Dan Ragsdale (danieljragsdale) | 1 comments Any update? This is a very important issue. I have a 50-book bookshelf on my personal account that I would like to quickly add to a group bookshelf. Must I do each one manually?

message 11: by Natsumi (new)

Natsumi Raimon | 9 comments Great suggestion, yes, I've created a group for my friends as well and is quite annoying to put books in it and it should be fun and interesting. We need a graphic refresh or at least an improvement of the features both in the website and in the app

message 12: by Shaun, Community Expert (last edited Oct 10, 2018 07:21AM) (new)

Shaun (sponting) | 4458 comments Mod
This could definitely make adding books to groups much easier and faster. It's something that's been requested by other members too. I've added your requests to the file we have open on this.

I'll be closing this older thread in favor of a newer discussion on this topic. You're welcome to continue the discussion there, if you feel the need.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.