The Next Best Book Club discussion

Newbies Corner > I'm new! Well, not brand-spankin'-new...

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sarita (new)

Sarita (saritalijohnson) Hi! I'm Sarita Li!

I've just moved to Indiana from living on boats for a year, so I use books to escape the midwest... ;) Well, actually, to explore the midwest, too.

I'm a historical reenactor at Fort Ouiatenon, IN, a traditional sailor, a writer, and a preschool teacher.

I like books on sailing, history, contemporary and historical fiction (although I really like a lot of nonfiction). Right now I'm reading Scattershot My Bipolar Family and next I'm starting The Beekeeper's Apprentice

I write nonfiction and children's stories. Most recently, I'm starting a column for Grays Harbor Historical Seaport Authority, and looking for books to read that I wouldn't normally pick up on my own. I love the reviews on this site! And this is a GREAT Book Club!

Hello, Everyone!!!

;)

message 2: by Laura (new)

Laura (apenandzen) Welcome Sarita! Beekeeper's Apprentice was a terrific book. And Laurie King, the author, is here on GR as well.

Enjoy!

message 3: by Eric (new)

Eric | 382 comments Welcome!

message 4: by Hayes (new)

Hayes (hayes13) Hi Sarita, welcome and Happy reading.
I loved The Beekeeper's Apprentice too, and the whole Russell/Holmes series. I hope you like it as much as I did. Don't know scattershot, but might have to check it out.

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

Hi Sarita! I am going to read those books you have got there!!!

message 6: by Lisa Julianna (new)

Lisa Julianna (lisajulianna) | 1053 comments Hi Sarita, Welcome to the group!!!

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

HI Sarita & welcome to the group!

message 8: by Sarita (new)

Sarita (saritalijohnson) Thanks, everyone! I've been checking out a few of the groups on this site, and this one, in my opinion, is by far the best! There is definitely something for everyone here!

message 9: by Lori, Super Mod (new)

Lori (tnbbc) | 10022 comments Mod
Hi Sarita.
Thanks for joining. This is the best place to be (if i dont say so myself) for booklovers to talk about... well.... you guessed it... BOOKS!

message 10: by Sarita (new)

Sarita (saritalijohnson) Hayes wrote: "Hi Sarita, welcome and Happy reading.
I loved The Beekeeper's Apprentice too, and the whole Russell/Holmes series. I hope you like it as much as I did."

That's the thing about series... if I like one, I have to read all the rest in a crazed, maniacal urgency. Yikes!