St. Augustine's Hospital For the Mentally Deranged discussion

Outside > Courtyard

Comments (showing 1-50 of 56) (56 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Adena, "There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I erased it." (new)

Adena Wright (AdenaW) | 101 comments Mod
A small square courtyard at the center of the building. There is no fountain, for fear of patients trying to drown themselves, but there are benches and a few small, fenced trees.

message 2: by the sound of Autumn (last edited Sep 09, 2012 04:40PM) (new)

the sound of Autumn Purity twirled a strand of blue hair around her long finger as she casually sat on the bench, her eyes wandering about her surroundings. She didn't look at the nurse though; after two years of being under constant surveillance, she'd learned how to ignore the men and women who followed her around at all times. She smirked when she remembered how one of the rookies had been assigned to her, and how terrified the poor young man had looked at first. She fed off that fear, it only drove her insane need for destruction.

Ah, funny how she could calmly sit in a courtyard, and the first thing she begun imagining was tearing everything to the ground brick by boring brick.

the sound of Autumn (( I think this is going to be interesting! Muahahahahaha! ))

message 4: by rosebee (new)

rosebee (Rose33) ((Sorry this has taken me so long D: DX. But I'm going to have to post tomorrow. I'm getting off right now. I'm so tired. Will you remind me to post tomorrow when I get on?))

the sound of Autumn (( Yeah, absolutely! :) ))

⋆ m a n i a c a l ⋆ (Phoebus) | 124 comments Caden sat upon one of the few benches that scattered the courtyard, lost in thought as he seemingly stared off into space. Next to him was an open book, it was almost as if Caden was in the middle of reading it when he just stopped. Which is quite likely, though not nearly as bad as it may sound. Caden was just what he looked like, lost in though, feelings of immense home sickness and guilt.

message 7: by Sᴀᴅɪʏᴀ (new)

Sᴀᴅɪʏᴀ ((Wait, Logan or Wesley? 'Cause Logan is free now.))

⋆ m a n i a c a l ⋆ (Phoebus) | 124 comments (*shrugs* Wesley... it doesn't really matter to me)

message 9: by Sᴀᴅɪʏᴀ (new)

Sᴀᴅɪʏᴀ ((kk))

Wesley walked into the courtyard to get some air and maybe some inspiration for another art project, though most of his projects were based of his emotions. However, influence of other inspirations was highly welcome as well.

⋆ m a n i a c a l ⋆ (Phoebus) | 124 comments Caden didn't even notice the new entry as he sat there, his eyes fulled with a mixture of emotions, ranging from the that of extreme guilt to anger at the world. All the way his face was a calmness to it, almost that of acceptance.

message 11: by Sᴀᴅɪʏᴀ (new)

Sᴀᴅɪʏᴀ Wesley saw Caden sitting on a bench, looking like he was day dreaming/spacing out, basically the same thing. Tucking his note book into the pocket of his pants he walked over to Caden and sat next to him. "Hello." He said with his slight German accent.

⋆ m a n i a c a l ⋆ (Phoebus) | 124 comments Caden shook his head, almost not realizing where he was for a moment. Then he looked at Wesley, and smiled a bit embarrassed about the situation. "Hey, sorry there, Wesley" Caden said, then nodding towards the notebook sticking out of his pocket,"Any new drawings?"

message 13: by Sᴀᴅɪʏᴀ (new)

Sᴀᴅɪʏᴀ Wesley shrugged. "Nothing that's worth sharing." There were few pictures he didn't share and those were the ones he suspected had something to do with his past. Those pictures weren't good ones either, they were vague, but he suspected something dark behind them. The other things Wesley shared were just things based off his mood and emotions, those he did not mind sharing.

⋆ m a n i a c a l ⋆ (Phoebus) | 124 comments "Well, tell me when you make any worth sharing" Caden replied giving him a small smile. The kid was pretty nice, he was here because of his "forgetfulness" one might say. It was a sad thing really, sometimes he even forgot his own name.

message 15: by rosebee (new)

rosebee (Rose33) Anderson walked through the courtyard, he couldn't keep a straight face, and he continually flashed his teeth at the nurse who followed him. After a second, he growled playfully, wiggling his eyebrows. She just rolled her eyes in distaste. Anderson sighed, "Tease." he cursed.

Life got pretty boring around this place, and it never seemed like people got released. They were just transferred or admitted.

message 16: by the sound of Autumn (last edited Sep 15, 2012 03:52PM) (new)

the sound of Autumn Purity's eyes rolled over to see a tall blonde boy walking her way. Anderson, of course. That boy was totally yummy, and Purity did like her guys with confidence, but she also liked their flirting to end in vain, as well. She lured them closer, and then slammed the door in their face. She found it funny- though apparently, the boys chasing her didn't seem to like it all too much. Oh well.

"'Sup Andy," she said with a terse jerk of her chin, her eyes traveling around his figure. Her expression wasn't exactly friendly, but it wasn't impartial either. "What's going on?"

message 17: by rosebee (new)

rosebee (Rose33) Turning to face the girl who spoke, Anderson wasn't surprised to see Purity. Such an ironic name, since she was anything but pure. In his eyes at least, no one really was. Andy's lips slowly upturned into a cocky smirk, in response to her blatant way of checking him out. "I'm on guard duty...well, wait." he sighed, turning around. "That's her job. Tight ass meet Purity, Purity meet tight ass." he said, introducing her to the latest nurse that he had become the subject of.

Anderson ran a hand through his hair, trying to keep the heat out of his frame. She was cute. But not exactly his type. This should be easy then. Talking to her without somehow having an episode. He was just... in one of those moods.

the sound of Autumn (( Yay, someone got the irony of her name! ^-^ ))

Purity gave out another one of her short nods to the nurse that had been assigned to follow Anderson around for probably a few hours or so, before yet another nurse took their place, and so on. It seemed as though they never ran short on staff to circulate here, and if they did, they certainly didn't let the patients know that.

She quirked a brow at him as he ran his fingers through his hair, as though sensing what he was thinking about. Purity fought a smirk from tugging at the corners of her mouth, before wiggling her fingers against the edge of the bench. "You wanna have a seat? I don't bite-" she said, a playful edge taking on her tone, "-very hard."

message 19: by rosebee (new)

rosebee (Rose33) "Well, you may not bite, very hard, but I have no promises." he retorted, baring his teeth in a grin. "So I don't much like my chances." he added, in an undertone. Anderson played with the hemline of his shirt, but his eyes never left her. Whether they were roaming her bodice, or glued to her gaze.

What he meant by not liking his chances though, was that he might try...then be locked in that room. Ugh. Again. Meals slid through small slots in the door. It was irritating. No hot girls to stare at. By the end of that week, his dreams were extremely vivid--and even an ugly girl would have done well.

message 20: by the sound of Autumn (last edited Sep 15, 2012 05:10PM) (new)

the sound of Autumn Purity feigned a pout, tilting her head and leaning forward slightly. "Aww," she said, sounding truly disappointed, but in a childish way. "You're no fun!" Wavy hair of a color matching her own eyes framed Purity's creamy face, her lips working from their pout to a crooked smile.

"Don't tell me, you're not a Kitty, are you?" She shifted her eyes over to the side, moving her position to be more open, comfortable- legs loosely cast forward in what was usually considered a very un-ladylike way, one of her arms resting leisurely along the back of the bench. Without being asked for it, she explained herself. "Kitties are so boring, never like to be near me, like I'm a repellent. Amusing, admittedly, but they bore me very quickly." She gave a brief chuckle. "I promise, I don't have cooties."

message 21: by rosebee (new)

rosebee (Rose33) Ptsh. Anderson. Not fun? What world did this girl live on? This was a mental hospital after all. It was perfectly acceptable to live in your own world, here at least. At St. Augustine's.

"Do I look of the feline race?" he asked, rolling his eyes. Of course Andy's gaze always flickered back to her. Always. He couldn't keep his implicating green eyes off of her. She was a girl after all. He twisted his thumbs behind his back... what would it be like? To kiss her? His gaze dropped to her lips, then met her eyes for a millisecond before dropping back down again. To trail his hands down her back, over her hips, down farther so...

message 22: by the sound of Autumn (last edited Sep 15, 2012 06:30PM) (new)

the sound of Autumn Purity glanced over at Anderson, crossing her legs and leaning towards him again, her hair brushing pass her face as the hem of her shirt drooped forward. She was having a lot of fun in fact, this was the most thrilling thing she'd gotten to do this whole week. Yes, very sad that that's the highlight of her recent days, but what do you want? It's a freaking mental hospital, they played Bambi at "movie nights".

With a suggestive and pleased smirk on her face, she said to him, "Well, I could always make you purr like one," in a smooth and sexy tone, an excited glimmer in her eye. She quickly ran her tongue over her top lip, then grazed her bottom lip with her teeth, her brow just barely raising as her eyes traveled over him again.

message 23: by rosebee (new)

rosebee (Rose33) It was almost like she was trying to tease him. If she knew his condition, it was a sure fact. Anderson pursed his lips, dropping his shoulders in a shrug. "Your not really my type." he said evasively. Anderson smiled vindictively, then stepped back. "I like a challenge. Your a bit too easy for my liking."

the sound of Autumn Purity laughed. Loudly. Her? Easy? "I'm disappointed in you Andy, I thought you would have gotten to known better by now," she said, still giggling as though he had just told her the funniest joke she'd ever heard. She couldn't breathe, tears nearly began leaking from her eyes, her laughter quieting slightly it got harder for her to produce sound.

The faces of the many, many guys she'd ended up rejecting, turning down, flirting with and then dropping, all those boys who had never gotten past the front porch of her house. She'd dealt with all of the types; the bad boy, the nerd, the punk, the nervous good doer, the ones that just never gave up. Still, not once had any single one of them had gotten to do anything else but flirt with her, and she was easy? Ha!

message 25: by rosebee (new)

rosebee (Rose33) Anderson shrugged. "I know enough about you to know I'm simply not interested in-" he looked down her bodice, then met her eyes with a scowl. "What you have to offer, I guess." His eyes flashed with irritation. "Blue hair, extreme turn off. Your eyes are cold, almost made up for by your rockin' bod. But your easy attitude just kills the whole demeanor."

the sound of Autumn Purity was somewhat surprised by Anderson's sudden turn at bitterness, so much so that he'd even managed to completely quiet her giggles. She didn't really care that he wasn't interested, but now he was just flat out insulting her? Hm, well this had been a change of events. Better than boredom though, she supposed.

"I think it's adorable that you would think I care," Purity replied, a slight smile lying across her lips. "Figures that you like silent traditional type, hm."

message 27: by syd ♡ (new)

syd ♡ Kelsey followed Mark out the door and into the small courtyard that they had for the inmates as she liked to call them, herself included. The two walked around not talking much, as was usual. She came out here for fresh air and she guessed Mark liked the precise order of things. There wasn't much to be changed here, nothing could go wrong, it was too peaceful.
Kelsey took a side glance at her friend, he was always so intriguing to her for some reason. The way he acted with her was almost different than with anyone else, she didn't count herself as special though. Just lucky that she met him.

message 28: by rosebee (new)

rosebee (Rose33) With a slow coming and demeaning grin, Anderson stared back into her eyes. Hmm. Her gaze was cold, he hadn't been lying about that. Pretty though, none the less. "If you don't care, you wouldn't have gotten all sour on me, now would you." he quipped. Anderson ran a hand through his light colored hair, letting his gaze roam across the rest of the courtyard. "You can't be the attention of everyone, Purity. The world doesn't work that way."

message 29: by Adena, "There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I erased it." (new)

Mark walked through the courtyard and looked around to see how many others were out there. He always kept track of the people who were around him, not wanting to ever get caught off guard. It was surprisingly empty. "This is nice," he said, starting to relax a little. He spotted Anderson and Purity talking across the courtyard. He didn't really like either of them, it seemed like personal space was a foreign concept to them and they made him uncomfortable. He didn't know what he'd do without someone like Kelsey around. He remembered what it was like before she arrived and did not want to go back to those days.

message 30: by syd ♡ (new)

syd ♡ Kelsey nodded and smiled over at Mark, she noticed he had glanced over at Purity and Anderson. They were so touchy feely it was gross, especially where her father was a priest and had frowned upon that much touching. Not that she would have even been allowed to, people hardly knew that their great and wonderful Father Malnar had a daughter. That would be a disgrace to the church and the others around.
Kelsey turned back to Mark, she sighed MD raised her eyebrows. Without speaking a word she knew Mark understood her message.

message 31: by the sound of Autumn (last edited Sep 23, 2012 09:16AM) (new)

the sound of Autumn ☮ємιℓуяσѕє!☮ [S.K.T.T.] wrote: "With a slow coming and demeaning grin, Anderson stared back into her eyes. Hmm. Her gaze was cold, he hadn't been lying about that. Pretty though, none the less. "If you don't care, you wouldn't ha..."

"Says the boy who exposes himself to get noticed," Purity retorted simply, no hint of jabbing bitterness in her voice. It sounded like she was merely having a pleasant conversation with someone; not pleasant in a sarcastic way, just a normal, casual chat. She took her eyes off of him, idly looking over the courtyard just as Anderson was. "The world doesn't work in a lot of ways."

It was too bad this boy was being somewhat of a pain, she could have really liked him... If that was even possible for her; she didn't know, nor did she get the chance to find out. Usually she accidentally ended up scaring people away by her insatiable need to destroy things. Oops. She'd been told before that it was her fault, and that it wasn't her fault. Well, then whose fault was it? This was precisely her problem, but she felt it easier to deal with if she shoved those thoughts away.

message 32: by Sᴀᴅɪʏᴀ (last edited Sep 16, 2012 06:24PM) (new)

Sᴀᴅɪʏᴀ мαттнєω ♦ιη§αηιту ιѕ α νιятυє♦ wrote: ""Well, tell me when you make any worth sharing" Caden replied giving him a small smile. The kid was pretty nice, he was here because of his "forgetfulness" one might say. It was a sad thing really,..."

((It didn't post!>< ))

"Will do. I'm trying to think of something I should make next, as a side project of sorts." As in a project that was for fun, not something to vent for or for therapy. Something that was just for fun. "Do you have any suggestions?" Wesley asked.

message 33: by Adena, "There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I erased it." (new)

Sydney :) wrote: "Kelsey nodded and smiled over at Mark, she noticed he had glanced over at Purity and Anderson. They were so touchy feely it was gross, especially where her father was a priest and had frowned upon ..."

Mark smiled at the look on Kelsey's face. He had had a pretty good week so far, and hadn't had too many problems, but he knew it hadn't been that easy for Kelsey lately. He thought about her session and wondered what they would be talking about. The therapists didn't mind him tagging along, he just sat next to Kelsey and didn't say anything. "So have Ana and Hallie been around lately?" he asked. "How are you doing?"

message 34: by syd ♡ (new)

syd ♡ Kelsey nodded, she twirled a piece of her hair around her finger. She jerked her head a bit to the back of the two of them. "Hallie is following us, Ana is getting a kick out of Purity and Anderson.." She shuddered and then looked forward. "I think it's because the doctors are shorting me on my meds, I know I've been getting a lot less lately. I'm gonna have an attack like before.."
She rubbed her head and thought of the last time the doctors took her off her medication, to observe her behaviors. It wasn't pretty.

message 35: by Adena, "There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I erased it." (new)

Sydney :) wrote: "Kelsey nodded, she twirled a piece of her hair around her finger. She jerked her head a bit to the back of the two of them. "Hallie is following us, Ana is getting a kick out of Purity and Anderson..."

"You're a lot stronger than you were last time," Mark said encouragingly. He didn't know why the nurses kept lessening her medication if they knew what would happen. They rarely took Mark off his meds, and for very good reasons. "Can you ask not to reduce your dosage so much?" he asked. They probably wouldn't listen, but it was worth a shot.

message 36: by syd ♡ (new)

syd ♡ "They said it was for good reason, like trying to make me less dependent on it or something stupid like that." Kelsey shook her head once more and sighed. "They are probably just trying to kill me off, get rid of the problem child. I swear they are sick of my clowns trying to get everyone, I mean, if I was dead they would leave everyone alone..." Kelsey looked over her shoulder quickly and took a deep breath.
"Count to ten honey, just count and he will go away.." Hallie replied sweet behind her. "I know you can do it!"

message 37: by Skylar (new)

Skylar (AgentSkylar) Mia Fletcher, the head nurse, stopped dead in her track as she enter the courtyard when she heard Kelsey's comment. She gave her tiny smile. "Is there anything we need to talk about Miss Kelsey?" she asked a little concerned.

message 38: by Adena, "There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I erased it." (new)

Mark spun around, eyes wide, when he recognized the voice of the head nurse. He especially didn't like her. Fear and suspicion were apparent on his features and his hands clenched and unclenched. He took a quick step backwards, putting more distance between them. What did she want to talk to Kelsey about? Were they going to talk about him? No, of course they weren't. But then again, Kelsey was Mark's only real friend and he never told the nurses anything, so they must get all of their information about him from her. Mark watched Nurse Fletcher closely, wary of any sudden movements or strange behavior.

message 39: by Skylar (new)

Skylar (AgentSkylar) Mia gave a slight nod to Mark. "And how are you today Mark?" she asked.

message 40: by Adena, "There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I erased it." (new)

Mark froze when she spoke to him. There was something in the way she looked at him. He always felt like she knew something that he didn't. Was she hiding something from him? She didn't seem like she wanted to hurt him, but you could never be too careful. "I'm," he stared, trying to figure out the best way to answer her question without revealing anything. "Fine," he finished. "Just fine."

message 41: by Skylar (new)

Skylar (AgentSkylar) She gives him a little smile. "Good! This may sound strange for you but, I have a letter for you.....from your mother." she says. Mia knew everything about his history and she was shocked when his mother mailed a letter to him. She handed the vanilla colored letter that was folded neatly to him. "Don't worry, I didn't read it." she adds.

message 42: by Adena, "There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I erased it." (last edited Sep 21, 2012 07:22AM) (new)

Mark frowned. This had to be a lie, or maybe a trap. There must be something dangerous about the letter because there was no way his mother had written to him. She hadn't contacted him in over a decade. He wouldn't even recognize her if she walked up to him. When Mark tried to remember his mother, all he got was a featureless face. He had absolutely no memories of her. "I don't want it. My mother doesn't send me letters," he said, taking a step away from the letter. "What's going on? What are you trying to do?" he asked, glaring at the nurse.

message 43: by Skylar (new)

Skylar (AgentSkylar) Mia looked at him a little confused and a little concerned. She backed up a little and tucked the letter back in her clip board. "I'm not trying to do anything. Perhaps it was for different Mark. I'm sorry." She says. But it was addressed to him but she didn't want to get him or any of the other patients to get upset.

message 44: by syd ♡ (new)

syd ♡ Kelsey glared at Mia suspiciously, she took Mark by the hand and pulled him away. "Excuse me, but we were having a conversation before you so rudely interupted!" She yelled over her shoulder at the nurse she despised so much.
As soon as they were around the corner she let Mark go so he wouldn't feel in any more danger. "Are you okay..?"

message 45: by Skylar (new)

Skylar (AgentSkylar) "I was just making sure everybody was okay. I'm sorry." she says as sweetly as possiable. But inside its tearing Mia apart. She didn't like the way most patients talked to her but she got over it most of the time.

message 46: by Adena, "There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I erased it." (new)

Mark said nothing as he let Kelsey lead him away. He didn't like that she was touching his hand, especially now that he was so worked up, and was grateful when she let him go. His eyes darted fearfully around the courtyard. How many other people knew about this so-called letter? Were they all trying to hurt him, or was it just the nurse? Mark's face was pale and his breath was steadily getting quicker. He didn't respond to Kelsey's question; he didn't even look at her. His body language and expression was enough to tell that he was definitely not okay.

⋆ m a n i a c a l ⋆ (Phoebus) | 124 comments Caden had to think on this for a moment, a new art project? Caden usually did not ponder about such things, but tended to keep to his own thoughts. "How about a city? Draw a large city. It doesn't have to be realistic, just a city from you dreams." Caden finally answered, with a gentile smile.

message 48: by Sᴀᴅɪʏᴀ (new)

Sᴀᴅɪʏᴀ Wesley pondered over that idea for a moment, his eyes moving back and forth slightly across the courtyard, as if he was analyzing something. He had a general idea now, he could picture it in his mind. "That sounds great. Thank you." Wesley said after a moment, smiling. "I should get going now. Thank you for your help."

message 49: by syd ♡ (new)

syd ♡ Åḓεᾔα ~ L'imagination ne connaît pas de limites wrote: "Mark said nothing as he let Kelsey lead him away. He didn't like that she was touching his hand, especially now that he was so worked up, and was grateful when she let him go. His eyes darted fearf..."

Kelsey felt like she had been punched in the gut as he looked so hurt, she didn't like to see her best friend this pained inside and out. Kelsey took a deep breath and watched as Ana walked towards them. Her demonic beauty was in stark contrast to the always clean and white settings she had become accustomed to. "What do you want?"
"Are you really going to let him hurt like that? Go get revenge, make the nurse regret what she has done to him.." Ana purred darkly.
"I can't.. Mark doesn't like when I fight..." Kelsey said, her voice filled with confusion.

message 50: by Adena, "There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I erased it." (new)

Mark guessed that Kelsey was talking to Ana, but he didn't care. He was still thinking about the letter. What if it was real and his mother really was trying to contact him? But even if the letter wasn't fake, what could his mother possibly want? She had done nothing but hurt him, if she hadn't given him up, he might have never ended up here. But he liked it here, he didn't want to leave. That was it, the nurses wanted him gone, they wanted to send him away, backk into the world where there was nothing but pain and misery. "I don't want to go," Mark said, shaking his head. "I'm not leaving, I can't. They can't make me go back out there! Why are they doing this to me?"

« previous 1