The Lost Challenges discussion

Archives - Chat > September- What are you reading?

Comments (showing 1-32 of 32) (32 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Dawn (Kat N Hat) (KatNHat) What are you reading this month?

message 3: by PepperP0t (new)

PepperP0t  | 1369 comments finished Shadowborn (Lila Gray, #2) by Jocelyn Adams and am about to start Demonglass (Hex Hall, #2) by Rachel Hawkins or Grave Witch (Alex Craft, #1) by Kalayna Price -- love those challenges

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

Here is what I have on my TBR for this month:(don't know if I'll get them all read but I'm gonna try!)

Until I Die (Revenants, #2) by Amy Plum Feed (Newsflesh, #1) by Mira Grant Obsidian (Lux, #1) by Jennifer L. Armentrout Onyx (Lux, #2) by Jennifer L. Armentrout Insurgent (Divergent, #2) by Veronica Roth Spark (Elemental, #2) by Brigid Kemmerer Grimspace (Sirantha Jax, #1) by Ann Aguirre Touched by an Alien (Katherine "Kitty" Katt, #1) by Gini Koch  Enshadowed (Nevermore, #2) by Kelly Creagh Hyde, an Urban Fantasy by Lauren Stewart

message 5: by Gisbelle (last edited Sep 02, 2012 04:56AM) (new)

Gisbelle ~♥ Kat ♥~ wrote: "Here is what I have on my TBR for this month:(don't know if I'll get them all read but I'm gonna try!)

Lux series is sooooo gooood :) You should read asap

This month I hope to read:
Sweet Evil (The Sweet Trilogy, #1) by Wendy Higgins Touch by Francine Prose Amy and Roger's Epic Detour by Morgan Matson Mystery Man (Dream Man, #1) by Kristen Ashley Smart Girls Get What They Want by Sarah Strohmeyer 52 Reasons to Hate My Father by Jessica Brody A Discovery of Witches (All Souls Trilogy, #1) by Deborah Harkness Of Poseidon (Of Poseidon, #1) by Anna Banks The Kiss Off by Sarah Billington Something About You (FBI / US Attorney, #1) by Julie James While He Was Away by Karen Schreck

Amy ~Lover of Books~ | 700 comments I'm reading this book now:

Destined (Wings, #4) by Aprilynne Pike

message 7: by Lizz, Group Creator - Taking a Break (new)

Lizz | 3400 comments Mod
I have no clue what to read right now

message 8: by Zakiya (new)

Zakiya LadyWings (zladywings) This month I'm aiming to read The Last Little Blue Envelope (Little Blue Envelope, #2) by Maureen Johnson Diary of a Wimpy Kid Dog Days (Diary of a Wimpy Kid, #4) by Jeff Kinney Torment (Fallen, #2) by Lauren Kate This is Not a Test by Courtney Summers Nevermore (Maximum Ride, #8) by James Patterson.

Won't be signing up for any challenges this month so that I can get back in the swing of reading.

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

Gisbelle wrote:Lux series is sooooo gooood :) You should read asap

I started Obsidian yesterday and so far I love it! Jennifer Armentrout is my favorite author of the year, I love your other series as well :)

Amy ~Lover of Books~ | 700 comments Zakiya wrote: "This month I'm aiming to read The Last Little Blue Envelope (Little Blue Envelope, #2) by Maureen JohnsonDiary of a Wimpy Kid Dog Days (Diary of a Wimpy Kid, #4) by Jeff KinneyTorment (Fallen, #2) by Lauren KateThis is Not a Test by Courtney SummersNevermore (Nevermore, #1) by Kelly Creagh.

Won't be signing up for any challenges this mo..."

I'm slowly getting back into reading because of the type of month I had in August, I mostly read novellas. I'm sure I'll go back into a routine of reading in no time.

message 11: by Barbara ★ (new)

Barbara ★ | 1755 comments Finished Sins of the Soul (Otherkin, #2) by Eve Silver Vampire Dragon (Works Like Magick, #3) by Annette Blair Tiger's Curse (The Tiger Saga, #1) by Colleen Houck

Listening to: Raise The Titanic! by Clive Cussler and reading: Crouching Vampire, Hidden Fang (Dark Ones, #7) by Katie MacAlister

message 12: by Dawn (Kat N Hat) (new)

Dawn (Kat N Hat) (KatNHat) I am begining to feel a bit overwhelmed with my September Challenges. I might have over done it.

Finished A Kiss at Midnight (Fairy Tales, #1) by Eloisa James& Witch Way Bends (Bend-Bite-Shift Trilogy, #1) by Olivia Hardin today.

message 13: by Barbara ★ (new)

Barbara ★ | 1755 comments Finished Crouching Vampire, Hidden Fang (Dark Ones, #7) by Katie MacAlister Bookmarked For Death (A Booktown Mystery, #2) by Lorna Barrett Raise The Titanic! by Clive Cussler

Next: The Broken Kingdoms (The Inheritance Trilogy, #2) by N.K. Jemisin & Cutting for Stone by Abraham Verghese (audio)

message 14: by Barbara ★ (new)

Barbara ★ | 1755 comments Dawn (Kat N Hat) wrote: "I am begining to feel a bit overwhelmed with my September Challenges. I might have over done it. "

I know what you mean. All these challenges add up and become overwhelming rather quickly. I, myself have over 150 ongoing challenges and when I finish one, I tend to add 2 or 3 more. It's a sickness and I just can't stop. lol

message 15: by Dawn (Kat N Hat) (new)

Dawn (Kat N Hat) (KatNHat) I don't have quite that many but I've got too many that are weekly draws. I can handle organizing a month but organizing by week is a lot harder. I can't just read whatever looks the most interesting. It all has to planned.

message 16: by Gisbelle (last edited Sep 08, 2012 09:04PM) (new)

Gisbelle I'm reading Freeing Carter by Nyrae Dawn (almost done) & Dangerous Boy by Mandy Hubbard (chapter 11)

Amy ~Lover of Books~ | 700 comments Now I'm reading The Marked (Delcroix Academy, #2) by Inara Scott - Only read the first 3 chapters so far so we see how it goes because I really did end up liking book one in this series.

message 18: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle Finished Freeing Carter by Nyrae Dawn & Dangerous Boy by Mandy Hubbard. Now reading The Return of Rafe MacKade (The MacKade Brothers, #1) by Nora Roberts

message 19: by Desperado (new)

Desperado (LethalLovely) Finished: On Thin Ice (Ice, #6) by Anne Stuart
Starting: Throne of Glass (Throne of Glass, #1) by Sarah J. Maas

message 20: by Barbara ★ (new)

Barbara ★ | 1755 comments Finished The Broken Kingdoms (The Inheritance Trilogy, #2) by N.K. Jemisin Nine Rules to Break When Romancing a Rake (Love By Numbers #1) by Sarah MacLean Mercy Burns (Myth and Magic, #2) by Keri Arthur The Treacherous Teddy by John J. Lamb The Snow Child by Eowyn Ivey

listening to Cutting for Stone by Abraham Verghese and reading First You Run (Bullet Catcher, #4) by Roxanne St. Claire

message 21: by Dawn (Kat N Hat) (new)

Dawn (Kat N Hat) (KatNHat) Gah I think I got in about 5 pages of recreational reading in in the past 2 days. Girl Scouts and PTO have drained me and taken up all my GR time. Darn real life is taking over! Grrrr. But I did read enough on badges, safety, and box tops for education to make my head explode. Too bad those manuals don't count for challenges.

Alana ~ The Book Pimp (LoonyAlana) Dawn (Kat N Hat) wrote: "Gah I think I got in about 5 pages of recreational reading in in the past 2 days. Girl Scouts and PTO have drained me and taken up all my GR time. Darn real life is taking over! Grrrr. But I did re..."

Sorry! I know the feeling- I used to be a cub scout den leader for years. But big boy decided he hated scouts. Now I have a two year break remaining befoe little one makes me do it all over again

message 23: by Ezinwanyi (new)

Ezinwanyi | 1868 comments Amy ~Lover of Books~ wrote: "Just for Fins (Fins, #3) by Tera Lynn Childs"

Amy--How are you doing? I hope you are feeling much better and stronger.

Listening to You Slay Me by Katie MacAlister and reading Archangel's Blade (Guild Hunter, #4) by Nalini Singh

Amy ~Lover of Books~ | 700 comments Ezinwanyi wrote: "Amy ~Lover of Books~ wrote: "Just for Fins (Fins, #3) by Tera Lynn Childs"

Amy--How are you doing? I hope you are feeling much better and stronger.

Listening to You Slay Me by Katie MacAlister and reading [bookcover:Archan..."

I'm doing much better. I've been doubling my iron intake everyday. I'm going to my other doctor at the end of this month for another blood test to check to see if I'm at the right dosage for the thyroid pill. It's funny that my hypothyroidism and hormones was causing all this trouble for me last month and I felt like it was taking over my whole life too, but everything has been all right for over a month now.

message 25: by Ezinwanyi (new)

Ezinwanyi | 1868 comments I'm glad you are feeling better. Take care of yourself. Find a nice steak place and get a ribeye. It should help with the Iron too.

Amy ~Lover of Books~ | 700 comments Can't wait to see how this series ends!

Endlessly (Paranormalcy, #3) by Kiersten White

message 27: by Ezinwanyi (new)

Ezinwanyi | 1868 comments You slay me has been hard to get through. The narrator is annoying with her fake ass French accent. I'm half way through and I don't think I will continue with this series.

Now I have to decide between listening to Soulless (Parasol Protectorate, #1) by Gail Carriger or Caressed By Ice (Psy-Changeling, #3) by Nalini Singh

message 28: by Barbara ★ (last edited Sep 23, 2012 09:09AM) (new)

Barbara ★ | 1755 comments Finished First You Run (Bullet Catcher, #4) by Roxanne St. Claire Half Past Dead (Includes The Blades of the Rose, Prequel; Guardians of the Dark, #1) by Zoe Archer Heartland A Novel by David Wiltse Dragon in Chains (Moshui, #1) by Daniel Fox Gone Tomorrow (Jack Reacher, #13) by Lee Child Cutting for Stone by Abraham Verghese Secret Life of a Vampire (Love at Stake, #6) by Kerrelyn Sparks Fair Game (Alpha & Omega, #3) by Patricia Briggs Secret of the Mummy by Bjorn Street

Currently reading The Flame and the Shadow (The Four-Sided Pentacle, #1) by Denise Rossetti and listening to Zero Day by David Baldacci

message 29: by Barbara ★ (new)

Barbara ★ | 1755 comments Finished The Flame and the Shadow (The Four-Sided Pentacle, #1) by Denise Rossetti Firelight (Darkest London, #1) by Kristen Callihan Born To Be Wild by Catherine Coulter Third Grave Dead Ahead (Charley Davidson #3) by Darynda Jones

Currently reading Mona Lisa Eclipsing (Monère Children of the Moon, #7) by Sunny and listening to Zero Day by David Baldacci

Rissa (an M/M kinda Girl!!) (rissa79) I started Nobody's Perfect (Rescue Me, #4) by Kallypso Masters...so far soooooo good!

Amy ~Lover of Books~ | 700 comments Started this last night:

Tiger's Destiny (The Tiger Saga, #4) by Colleen Houck

message 32: by Barbara ★ (new)

Barbara ★ | 1755 comments Finished Mona Lisa Eclipsing (Monère Children of the Moon, #7) by Sunny Zero Day by David Baldacci Haunting Warrior (Mists of Ireland, #2) by Erin Quinn The Gunslinger (The Dark Tower, #1) by Stephen King Wild Highland Magic (The MacInnes Werewolves Trilogy, #3) by Kendra Leigh Castle

Currently listening to Good Omens The Nice and Accurate Prophecies of Agnes Nutter, Witch by Terry Pratchett and reading The Scorpio Races by Maggie Stiefvater