Akita's (as in the Japanese Prefecture, not the dog) virtual book club discussion

Future Books > Book...5?

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by MMG (new)

MMG | 106 comments Brittany's suggestions:

-Trading Up, Candace Bushnell
-To Have and to Hold, Gane Green
-In Her Shoes, Jennifer Wheiner
-Something Borrowed, Emily Giffith
-Size 12 Is Not Fat, Meg Cabbot

and I want to add
-The Satanic Verses by Salman Rushdie

message 2: by MMG (new)

MMG | 106 comments But I wouldn't mind a less serious book after Peter Camenzind.

message 3: by Elaine (last edited Feb 02, 2009 03:34PM) (new)

Elaine (laineyb) | 58 comments Seeing as you, Mara, were supposed to choose the last book but it was me instead...I think it should be you that chooses the next one. Although it has to be said I don't really have anything not so serious on my too-read shelf...so I will have to purchase it.

message 4: by Alison (new)

Alison | 103 comments Mod
I have one book to add to the mix, just recently picked it up from borders for $3.99

- The Mysterious Flame of Queen Loana by Umberto Eco

message 5: by Brittany (new)

Brittany (bmholman) | 107 comments I really think, to save us time, we need to just do a rotation of who gets to pick the next book, as long as Elaine can find it of course. How about Mara, Elaine (except you chose the last book so we'd be skipping you this time around), Brittany, Alison? I just think it would be easier so we don't have to go back and forth discussing what everyone wants to read.

message 6: by MMG (new)

MMG | 106 comments Ok then, I pick The Dispossessed by Ursula LeGuin.

And I would just like to remind you all that Ursula LeGuin is the author in the Jane Austen Book Club that Grigg convinces whatshername to read and she ends up loving her.

And Elaine, if you can't find it, I'll send you a copy.

message 7: by Elaine (new)

Elaine (laineyb) | 58 comments There's a copy for 700yen on infinity books which I'm just about to order so that's cool! Wooo!! E xxx

message 8: by Elaine (new)

Elaine (laineyb) | 58 comments When are we aiming to finish it by?? I'm thinking the end of Feb is a tad unrealistic...??? Although having said that I haven't started it yet... E xxx

message 9: by Brittany (new)

Brittany (bmholman) | 107 comments I ordered it online a week ago and haven't recieved it yet... besides, all I want to read right now is Twilight.

message 10: by MMG (new)

MMG | 106 comments how about mid-March?

message 11: by Brittany (new)

Brittany (bmholman) | 107 comments sounds good to me.

message 12: by Alison (new)

Alison | 103 comments Mod
Alright Mid-March it is them