True Blood discussion

The Books

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Cassidy (new)

Cassidy Savage (savagegy6) So she's doing away with including "Dead" in every title.

message 2: by Terri (new)

Terri (terrilovescrows) | 10 comments Hard to say. That could be the publisher's idea. But I love the books. One thing I love about the series though is Tara. Her character is a lot more interesting in the show.

message 3: by jessica83 (new)

jessica83 Ward (stardustw83) | 5 comments I didn't know she was coming out with TWO new books i thought there would only be one now im totally stoked.

message 4: by Vanora (new)

Vanora | 1 comments I'm currently reading #6 - Definitely Dead - finding it a bit strange. I do have to agree with liking the first couple of books when Bill did seem innocent. The character I like most in the books is Eric - he just makes me laugh! I think the actors who portray Eric and Pam are pretty right on.

message 5: by Lynsay (new)

Lynsay Tervit (lynsayl) | 24 comments Mod
Hi Kaitlin - how was it different? What were you expecting that did/didn't happen?

I've read up to Dead and Gone, cannot wait for the next one to come out!

Has anyone read any of the short stories? apparently they fill in a good bit of backstory between the books.

message 6: by SandraM (last edited Oct 27, 2009 03:55PM) (new)

SandraM | 5 comments deleted user wrote: "Here is where you can talk about one of Charlaine Harris's books.
Here is the latest list of all her upcoming Sookie Stackhouse books.

Sookie Stackhouse:

1. Dead Until Dark (2001)
2. Li..."

Actually the next Sookie book is called Dead in the Family and you can read about it here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dead_in_... and
http://www.amazon.ca/Dead-Family-Sook...

Apparently the book that her and Eric are finally together. Due out in May 2010.

message 7: by Lynsay (new)

Hi all

Thanks Sandra - here's an updated list:

Sookie Stackhouse:

1. Dead Until Dark (2001)
2. Living Dead in Dallas (2002)
3. Club Dead (2003)
4. Dead to the World (2004)
5. Dead as a Doornail (2005)
6. Definitely Dead (2006)
7. All Together Dead (2007)
8. From Dead to Worse (2008)
9. Dead and Gone (2009)
10. Dead in the Family (2010)

Jayme(the ghost reader) (jaymeiltheghostreader) I am caught up with all the books exccpt the short stories one

message 9: by Beccy (new)

Beccy | 1 comments I'm reading dead as a doornail at the moment :-)

Elise-Pinterest+Goodreads=The Perfect Book Boyfriend (eliselovesshinyandnew) This question is for those that read the books and watch the show. Most books are so much better than the shows/movies, would reading the books destroy my love for the show? I really like the show and I wouldn't want to mess that up.

message 11: by SandraM (new)

SandraM | 5 comments No reading the books won't destroy the show. The show appears to be loosely based on the novels. I really want to finish reading the whole series before the third season comes out.

message 12: by Lynsay (new)

The series deviates a lot from the books - characters are expanded, or new ones are added, things happen at different times etc. They've kept about 50% of the books so a lot is different. I tend to treat them as two different things, rather than tying them together!

message 13: by Katherine (new)

Katherine Buerger-Smith (KatherinePBuerger-Smith) | 1 comments Lyndsay,

I agree, you almost have to look at them as two seperate stories with similar/same characters. I guess it is just a lot of information to try to incorporate into a series. I enjoy both, and take some pleasure in pointing out the differences to my husband who will never read the books and probably could care less about the differences.