City of Ashes (The Mortal Instruments, #2) City of Ashes discussion

Every dramatic thing happening to jace

Comments (showing 1-16 of 16) (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by AA (last edited Nov 09, 2015 02:30PM) (new) - added it

AA The Awesome Hey

(Spoiler Alert till City of Lost Souls)

I've noticed That a major flaw in the series ever since The third book and beyond that every major thing (what the story line is based on) is about Jace : Jace gets arrested, Jace gets three fathers two fake, Jace gets kiddnapped ,Jace
get linked to a physco kid/murderer, Jace gets possessed, Jace gets stabbed, Jace gets heavenly fire inside him..etc

Has anyone else noticed or am I just over reading the situation here
I think the next book should be like clary disappear and jace has to use heavenly fire to do watev and in the end an epic finally battle where Clary gets stabbed but she manages to kill Lilith and a epilogue were they show us she's okay and of course through out showing the event happening from Clary's & Jace's perspective that's how it should be Right?

-A

Mimi ❤ It's obvious why Clare makes everything bad happen to Jace.

Tania i think it makes for a bad story for a book that everything has to happen to jace , doesnt give space for other charcters to interact and develop

ChameleonRose (Jessica) It's because he's the one who always dives head first into things with out thinking. He also feels like he doesn't deserve Clary at some points and he does the things he does to keep his loved ones safe so it's actually just him being selfless. But yer I see what your saying it can be a bit annoying sometimes.

S.L.J. It is getting very repetative. And you just know it's going to happen all over again in the 6th book. The world revolves around Jace...which is why I've really lost intrest in this series.

Jordan i don't think it's getting repetative, i mean, i know they always have issues, but it is a completely different situation every time!

Maya Exactly. But, it's Jace who has the "rivalry"with Sebastion and everything that's happened to Jace makes sense, though I feel a bit bad for him. There is still a lot more from the other characters too like Malec, and what Simon will do next after his mark and his family.

message 8: by Nur (new) - rated it 4 stars

Nur I love the books even though its always about Jace... But that's what makes the book awesome!!! However it be soo ironic if Clary gets stabbed but she manages to kill Lilith and a epilogue were they show us she's okay!!!! CANT WAIT TILL THE 6th book....

Ifrah Alia I've only read the first three books so I don't what half the things you said about Jace were but even in the first three there's is so much happening with Jace. It's crazy.
But, I didn't think it was "getting old" or anything like that. I mean, you would kind of expect those kinds of things to happen because he's at the center of something big. He's not an average guy sitting on the sidelines and observing, He's right in the center of it all.

Hafsayna abdullahi this book is soo dramatic and reaaly didnt like it soo yea

Strawberry Hafsayna wrote: "this book is soo dramatic and reaaly didnt like it soo yea" rlly????????? D: IT'S SUCH A PERFFFFECT SERIES D:

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

Lol yea ur so right!!!!!!!

Tricia Everything bad happens to Jace because...hes a HERONDALE. The end. lol Besides, Clary is summed up as this bad @ss female character that will rescue him to the ends of the earth....though, I am not sure why Clare is still proving this to us....lol WE GET IT.

Samantha The Escapist S.L.J. wrote: "It is getting very repetative. And you just know it's going to happen all over again in the 6th book. The world revolves around Jace...which is why I've really lost intrest in this series."

Exactly that, I forgot so many of the things on that list already.

Bianca All I can say is "I 110% LOVE this series and can't get enough!"

Inês Bianca wrote: "All I can say is "I 110% LOVE this series and can't get enough!""

me too ^^