Friends with Books discussion

Monthly Suggestions:Children > October 2012 Suggestions

Comments (showing 1-9 of 9) (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Adriana (last edited Aug 30, 2012 07:58AM) (new)

Adriana What does everyone want to read for October for Middle Grade?
Post only two suggestions.
I'll start it off. I probably will let only you guys suggest later on depending on what you think.

Dark Life (Dark Life, #1) by Kat Falls Sign Language by Amy Ackley

Some people consider Dark Life YA and others Middle Grade so let me know what you think. We will try to get books on the poll that the majority of people can obtain.

message 2: by Kristina (new)

Kristina (Krinak) I think these sound super good!

The Wednesday Wars by Gary D. Schmidt or Schooled by Gordon Korman

message 3: by Adriana (new)

Adriana Kristina wrote: "I think these sound super good!

The Wednesday Wars by Gary D. Schmidt or Schooled by Gordon Korman"

I've read the Wednesday Wars and remember loving it but that's about it so it would be be great to read it again. I've never heard of schooled but it sounds entertaining. I especially like the part of him learning tie-dyeing and Zen Buddhism.

message 4: by Josiah (new)

Josiah (KenJenningsJeopardy74) How about 13 Gifts by Wendy Mass or Dragons of Silk by Laurence Yep?

13 Gifts (11 Birthdays, #3) by Wendy Mass Dragons of Silk by Laurence Yep

message 5: by Adriana (new)

Adriana *Gasp* I just looked at 13 Gifts today! But isn't it part of a trilogy or series or is it a separate read?

Never heard of Dragons of Silk but my library has it so I'm good (:

message 6: by Josiah (new)

Josiah (KenJenningsJeopardy74) 13 Gifts is connected to 11 Birthdays and Finally, but the connection is so slight that it's not really important. Any one of the three books can easily be read on its own.

message 7: by Adriana (new)

Adriana Josiah wrote: "13 Gifts is connected to 11 Birthdays and Finally, but the connection is so slight that it's not really important. Any one of the three books can easily be read on its own."

Fantastic! I'd love to read it.

message 8: by Adriana (new)

Adriana These are your finalists for your Middle Grade book of the month:

Dark Life (Dark Life, #1) by Kat Falls Sign Language by Amy Ackley The Wednesday Wars by Gary D. Schmidt Schooled by Gordon Korman 13 Gifts (11 Birthdays, #3) by Wendy Mass Dragons of Silk by Laurence Yep

Since there is only 6 I'll be posting the poll soon.

message 9: by Adriana (new)

Adriana The poll is up for those of you who don't know!