Sempre (Sempre, #1) Sempre discussion

Haven's parents?

Comments (showing 1-7 of 7) (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

A.L. Her biological father is Michael Antonelli. Michael is the son of Frankie Antonelli who originally owned Haven and her mom, Miranda. Michael was married to Corrado's sister, Katrina (evil and vile person).

Miranda was, as I understand, cousin to Sal (the godfather). Sal believed that he had no biological family members remaining. So this connection to Sal made Haven a "mob princess".

So it was "all in the family".

Dana Delamar Yes, her biological father was Michael Antonelli. He raped Haven's mother, Miranda, who was really Carla, Sal's niece who disappeared as an infant during the gang wars. Somehow the baby ended up in Frankie Antonelli's care, and they renamed her Miranda. So Haven is Sal's last remaining relative. Not quite a granddaughter, but close.

Miep at The Review Loft Does Sal understand who Haven is?

Dana Delamar I don't think he does. Dr. DeMarco mentions at least once to Corrado (I believe) that they can't let Sal know who Haven is because he'll go ballistic. My guess is that he'll eventually find out in the next book.

message 5: by Charlotte (new)

Charlotte When is the next book coming out? I'm anxiously waiting for it.

Dana Delamar JM Darhower's blog says that both books have been acquired by Simon & Schuster. Sempre will be re-edited and reissued in November and the sequel will be released in December (yay!!!). Paperbacks will come out in early 2014.

Lindsey I'm still confused