The Lovers Club discussion

Just for Love! > Your Best Love Story

Comments (showing 1-27 of 27) (27 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ben (new)

Ben Ditmars (BenDitty) | 29 comments Mod
What is the best true love story you've experienced? A wedding proposal, first date? Let us know!

message 2: by Charity (new)

Charity Parkerson | 14 comments Back when my husband and I were dating, we had a Saturday night where he went out with his friends and I went out with mine. It was 3:00am, I had already made it to the point where I had spent hours at a local club and was at the Waffle House when he called me. He said, "I know that it is really late but is there any way that you can come over because I need to talk to you about something important."
He lived an hour's drive away from me but I wasn't tired so I agreed. The more I drove the more pissed off I got, because he sounded like something was wrong, and I thought if he wanted to tell me something bad then he should have told me over the phone and saved me the gas. By the time I got there I was was fuming but he was waiting at the door for me. Immediately, I said, "What do you need to talk to me about?"
He smiled and said, "Just come inside." He led me to the couch and got down on his knees in front of me. He looked very stern and worried which in turn had me worried. Finally, he said, "I just wanted to tell you that I love you."
And that is they story of the very first time my husband told me that he loves me. :-)

message 3: by Ben (new)

Awwwe! That is so beautiful :-)

message 4: by Edenmary (new)

Edenmary Black (edenmaryblack) | 19 comments What a beautiful experience, Charity!

message 5: by Ben (new)

I guess I'll share mine hehe. I had been seeing my girlfriend for a couple weeks. And we hadn't kissed. like really kissed. I guess I was nervous about moving too fast from previous experience. Any way, we were about to say goodbye one night and I asked her. I know that sounds strange but I asked if I could kiss her. She said yes :-) And I wrote a poem about it.

Half-moon kiss
full-lipped on concrete
pavement in the dimmest glow
I held you briefly and we
parted; shaking, jittery,
though not from cold.

message 6: by Charity (new)

Charity Parkerson | 14 comments Ben wrote: "I guess I'll share mine hehe. I had been seeing my girlfriend for a couple weeks. And we hadn't kissed. like really kissed. I guess I was nervous about moving too fast from previous experience. Any..."

Awww, I knew it came from the heart!!

message 7: by Colin (new)

Colin | 17 comments LOL!! Those love stories are beautiful :-) I cannot share my love story because it ends in tragedy but I'm so glad you guys had such awesome ones!

message 8: by Ben (new)

Awe, I'm so sorry to hear that, Colin.

message 9: by Colin (new)

Colin | 17 comments All good my friend :-) We've all had tragedies have we not? My only hope is that my friends are truly happy... that would make me happy cause you guys are cool.
Anyway, I can't complain about my life now, is good :-)

message 10: by Colin (new)

Colin | 17 comments What is really great is that the stories warm my heart. I'm lucky to have met such amazing people :-)

message 11: by Edenmary (new)

Edenmary Black (edenmaryblack) | 19 comments Ben wrote: "I guess I'll share mine hehe. I had been seeing my girlfriend for a couple weeks. And we hadn't kissed. like really kissed. I guess I was nervous about moving too fast from previous experience. Any..."

Ben - You're a true gentleman! First kisses are very special.

message 12: by Ben (new)

They sure are, Edenmary :-)

message 13: by Justin (new)

Justin Bog | 10 comments Love poetry rocks. What fun, Ben. I am so not lovey dovey ~splashes ice cold water, two palmfuls, right into face~ and can be a bit intense about any subject --- others say intense; I say passionate. As a young child I can't count the times someone in my family called me hyper or hyperactive. As an adult I change this word to enthusiastic. Those who are my friends get this about me and wouldn't try to change me. The person who saw through a shield I placed around me. Kind of paranoid, icy, unemotional, a brick by brick wall built up over 23 years, is the only person I ever dated, and we became Domestically Partnered a few years ago in Washington state. Now, wow, I've spent more than half my life with me mate, and love is what keeps us together. Now, Washington will vote on the whole gay marriage issue, and it looks like it will pass (I hope - if it doesn't, same old same old) and Washington will be the first state in the USA to be approved by voters (not by Governor decree or by legislature, which is always fought by the other side, as the issue is now being fought loudly here in Washington by the "protect the family" crowds). Anyway, now I'm off my soapbox . . . see where my passionate mind takes me?

message 14: by Edenmary (new)

Edenmary Black (edenmaryblack) | 19 comments Passion is a wonderful gift to those who have it and those who receive it, Justin. Life would be boring without it! :)

message 15: by Ben (new)

I hope it passes, Justin. Praying for it.

message 16: by Colin (new)

Colin | 17 comments we really need 'like' buttons and 'love' buttons on goodreads

message 17: by Ben (new)

a <3 is good enough ;-)

message 18: by Colin (new)

Colin | 17 comments Thats cool! For yáll <3

message 19: by Charity (new)

Charity Parkerson | 14 comments I second the like button notion

message 20: by Edenmary (new)

Edenmary Black (edenmaryblack) | 19 comments That would be kind of cool... it could just have the <3 symbol.

message 21: by Justin (new)

Justin Bog | 10 comments <3

message 22: by Edenmary (new)

Edenmary Black (edenmaryblack) | 19 comments See how easy that was? <3 back to ya'

message 23: by Colin (new)

Colin | 17 comments Thanks Charity :-) The <3 button looks like a good idea too, kinda fits, lol

message 24: by Charity (new)

Charity Parkerson | 14 comments Colin wrote: "Thanks Charity :-) The <
3 button looks like a good idea too, kinda fits, lol"

<3 :-)

message 25: by Colin (new)

Colin | 17 comments <3:-)

message 26: by Ben (new)

<3 <3 <3 ! :-) xo

message 27: by Colin (new)

Colin | 17 comments :::)