Tango So far this month I have read:

Love in the Time of cholera - Gabriel Garcia Marquez

Maximum Ride The Angel Experiment - James Patterson

Everyone Worth Knowing - Lauren Weisenberger

King Richard the Third - Shakespeare

Dead Famous - Ben Elton

message 2: by Tango (new)

Tango 6. Something Rotten - Jasper Fforde

As with the others in this series, the final book was great fun. A bit of a rollercoaster-ride in terms of plot- I learned early on in this series not to ask too many questions or try to follow the plot too closely.

message 3: by Tango (new)

Tango 7. Past Perfect - Susan Isaacs (audio)

Possibly the worst book ever written (in terms of plot anyway). It just went nowhere. I only persevered as I was listening and didn't have time to go to the library to swap it.

8. Brilliance of the Moon - Lian Hearn

Another great installment in this series. Kept me interested right up until the end.

message 4: by Tango (new)

Tango 9. Die A Little - Megan Abbott

Read this one for book club. I wasn't sure about it at the start but it actually built really well and the ending was very satisfying. She actually gives the reader something to think about: the attractions of the dark side and how we are all capable of being lured there.

message 5: by Tango (new)

Tango 10. Breath - Tim Winton

I really enjoyed this one. Not exactly a cherry book, but the descriptions of surfing were very effective. This was similar to The Turning in many respects, which I also really enjoyed.

message 6: by Mary Todd (new)

Mary Todd (MaryTodd) | 924 comments A big kahuna cheer for your first ten!

message 7: by Tango (new)

Tango 11. Time Bomb - Jonathon Kellerman

My sister gave me this as she's a fan. It was okay but too long for this genre - as in he just tried to put in too many plot twists that I got disinterested by the end.

message 8: by Tango (new)

Tango 12. Middlemarch - George Eliot

I loved all 886 pages of this. It was surprisingly easy to read and the characters were so well drawn.

13. The Wild Geese - (have misplaced it, Japanese author)

A short book, more like a long short story. I quite enjoyed it, but it didn't really develop any of the characters or the plot very effectively.

14. Testimony - Anita Shrive

This one seemed a little too contrived, but I enjoyed the end.

message 9: by Tango (new)

Tango 15. Cranford - Elizabeth Gaskell

I really enjoyed this one after watching the excellent miniseries earlier in the year. Her writing style is very witty and you just have to love all the characters (flaws and all).

Hmm... nearly half way through the year and I've only read 15 books. Oh well - quality (mostly) rather than quantity.

message 10: by Tango (new)

Tango 16. The People of the Book - Geraldine Brooks (audio)
I really enjoyed this although I wish I had read it as it's easy to lose track with an audio. An interesting idea, with good characters.