Redcliffe Book Club (Brisbane North) discussion

Anyone here ?

Comments (showing 1-36 of 36) (36 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Malcolm (new)

Malcolm | 2 comments I've just joined the group and wanted to say hi to everyone. But there's nobody here :-(

message 2: by Malcolm (new)

Malcolm | 2 comments Yes I live in Kippa-Ring

message 3: by Kirsten (new)

Kirsten (Witchy13) | 6 comments Hey I just joined. My name is Kirsten. Let pick a book....? :)

message 4: by Kasper (new)

Kasper | 27 comments Hi. I just bought the Hunger Games trilogy. Have you read them, or want to?

message 5: by Heav (new)

Heav (Heav1964) | 41 comments Hi Kristen & Karen, I'm Heav and I have read all of the trilogy, and loved it. The movie took one part of the book and like most "movie from books" made a complete hash of it. I am an avid reader from margate and i read about 4 to 5 books a day, but am currently reading Cravenghast again for the 72nd time

message 6: by Kasper (new)

Kasper | 27 comments Hi Heav, 4-5 books per day...wow! I might reada couple a month if I'm lucky. What is Cravenghast about?

message 7: by Heav (new)

Heav (Heav1964) | 41 comments Hi Karen, Cravenghast is part 1 of a 2 part series written by a woman in Aspley about a group of people in Brisbane Park and what happens when they get "sucked" into a vortex to a different dimension where the humanoids are red, or onyx, blue etc and are living in "our" past with bow and arrow, riding "horse" back etc. There is romance, battles, and a great adventure to be had as the 2 different cultures find there similarities and differences. The book has been out of print for a long time, and mine didn't survive the floods intact, but I love it to bits.

message 8: by Kasper (new)

Kasper | 27 comments Hi Heav, Do you think it would be in the library? It sounds interesting. Who is the author? I'm enjoying the Hunger Games, very interesting to read and I'm wondering in they will do a movie of the 2nd book. Cheers all. :o)

message 9: by Heav (new)

Heav (Heav1964) | 41 comments Darryle Caine is the author of Cravenghast and The Lord of Sindelaar published by wild child publications in the early 90's I think. It used to be in the Redcliffe library, but I haven't seen it for a while, so I don't know I believe it is in the Brisbane library and I have never been there therefore I don't know if it can be borrowed. I would love to get my hands on a few copies if anyone finds it lol

message 11: by Heav (new)

Heav (Heav1964) | 41 comments I was wondering if the group would be getting together before Christmas? Maybe during the early evening at a coffee shop or something?

message 12: by Kasper (new)

Kasper | 27 comments Hi. I haven't met you all yet either. I live at Kippa-Ring. If you choose a couple of dates, hopefully we can get a few people together.

message 13: by Jenelle (new)

Jenelle | 3 comments Hi guys. I haven't met any of you yet either... Now that the festivities are out of the way should we set a date to meet up?

message 14: by Kasper (new)

Kasper | 27 comments Hi. How about somewhere easy like Coffee Club one evening. I'm free this week and next and then back to shiftwork and Uni starting up soon. Pick a day and I'll do my best to come. Cheers, Karen.

message 15: by Jenelle (new)

Jenelle | 3 comments Hi Karen. Coffee Club Redcliffe sounds great. . I am free Tuesday or Thursday evening next week. Does that fit in with anyone?

message 16: by Heav (new)

Heav (Heav1964) | 41 comments Fits with me, evenings are good as I get home from work at Caloundra at about 7.30 each day

message 17: by Kasper (new)

Kasper | 27 comments The Thursday suits me best. Does 7:30 at Coffe Club Redcliffe suit everyone?

message 18: by Kasper (new)

Kasper | 27 comments If anyone wants to meet up tonight, please give me a call on 3889 4581, otherwise, shall we try for next Thursday the 31st?

message 19: by Heav (new)

Heav (Heav1964) | 41 comments The 31st would be best for me, I'll be back in redcliffe by then, working out at Coloundra

message 20: by Jenelle (new)

Jenelle | 3 comments The 31st suits me best as well. See you all then!

message 21: by Heav (new)

Heav (Heav1964) | 41 comments Well there will be three of us at least, come on guys, the more the merrier!

message 22: by Kirsten (new)

Kirsten (Witchy13) | 6 comments Hey guys I can't make either Tuesdays or Thursdays because if sport commitments. I think you should go ahead and meet though and keep me updated :)

message 23: by Heav (new)

Heav (Heav1964) | 41 comments Excited to meet you all tonight

message 24: by Kasper (new)

Kasper | 27 comments Cool. I'll hang around the doorway until we find each other. Hopefully we'll get a few more takers. Should be fun.

message 25: by Heav (new)

Heav (Heav1964) | 41 comments Karen & I had a lovely time discussing books movies and life, we have decided to read a classic Jane eyre for our next get together next month date to be set as timetables allow

message 26: by Kirsten (new)

Kirsten (Witchy13) | 6 comments Which Jane eyre novel?

message 27: by Kirsten (new)

Kirsten (Witchy13) | 6 comments Sorry busy moment at work... Brain f*rt! I'm getting authors and titles mixed up!! :)

message 28: by Heav (new)

Heav (Heav1964) | 41 comments Maybe we will see you next month

message 29: by Kasper (new)

Kasper | 27 comments I have finished reading Jane Eyre. Shall we try to arrange another meeting?

message 30: by Heav (new)

Heav (Heav1964) | 41 comments briiliant! your turn to choose date time and place

message 31: by Kasper (new)

Kasper | 27 comments How's Wednesday the 6th of March 7pm at the Redcliffe Coffee Club sound? alt Thurs 14/3

message 32: by Heav (new)

Heav (Heav1964) | 41 comments Perfect, being a Wednesday, Kirsten may be able to make it as well

message 33: by Kirsten (new)

Kirsten (Witchy13) | 6 comments Yes I can make a Wednesday! I still have the last part to read though. I should get that finished by then I'd hope :)

message 34: by Heav (new)

Heav (Heav1964) | 41 comments It would be great to see you Kirsten, look forward to meeting you. Will be inviting everyone in this group personally as if you don't answer this thread, goodreads turn you off

message 35: by Kasper (new)

Kasper | 27 comments Cool. I'll try and do the meeting invitaion above and let you notify the others. Thanks Heav.

message 36: by Heav (new)

Heav (Heav1964) | 41 comments Your welcome, have sent invites (messages) to most members, so I hope to see lots of faces there