Warriors-to-be (for CVMS 8th graders) discussion

Writing Games > Quick Writes

Comments Showing 1-18 of 18 (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Aneesha (new)

Aneesha (saianeesha) | 128 comments QUICK WRITES ARE SOME WRITING EXERCISES MY SEVENTH GRADE LA TEACHER GAVE US TO IMPROVE OUR IMAGINATION, OR I GUESS THAT’S THE WAY I TOOK THEM. I changed them a little bit, since we are doing this online.

I give you three words or anyone can and then one or more of us reply by writing a story or some other genre with the three words in them!

message 2: by Aneesha (new)

Aneesha (saianeesha) | 128 comments refrigerator,sun, pretend

READY, SET, GO!!!!

message 3: by Aneesha (new)

Aneesha (saianeesha) | 128 comments anyone?

message 4: by Aneesha (new)

Aneesha (saianeesha) | 128 comments is the topic really that bad?

message 5: by P, aspiring author and bookworm (new)

P (preethib) | 58 comments Mod
actually i don't think anyone has the time right now...

message 6: by Aneesha (new)

Aneesha (saianeesha) | 128 comments oh

message 7: by Jin (new)

Jin | 178 comments Mod
Once upon a time, there was a refrigerator that was alive! It had many magical powers and would freeze others who bothered him. To punish this evil, and cold refrigerator, hot, flaming sun pretended to be small and weak little ball and woke the refrigerator from sleep. The refrigerator was furious and it ate the sun and started to freeze it. But the sun let go of its super thermal energy and melted the refrigerator to warm boiling water. Those warm water melted the frozen victims of the refrigerator and they lived happily ever after.

message 8: by Jin (new)

Jin | 178 comments Mod
Heehee:) I love making fairy tale stories.:) I know, Gracie was shocked with such an idea inside of my brain.
Anyway, here is next three words!

Glue stick, Grapes, Blue

Have fun with my superduper weird words that I chose!

message 9: by P, aspiring author and bookworm (new)

One day, I was trying to stick GRAPES to a BLUE piece of paper with my super solar-powered GLUE STICK. Suddenly, the sun went out because the evil refrigerator ate it (see Jin's story)and my glue stick stopped working! All the grapes started rolling off of the piece of paper and the little oompa loompas came and ate them....THE END

message 10: by P, aspiring author and bookworm (new)

Maybe we should do something where the story you write has to relate in some way to the other person's story (like mine see above). Tell me what u think...
THE WORDS ARE....

label, swamp, waffle

message 11: by Aneesha (new)

Aneesha (saianeesha) | 128 comments Once upon a modern time, there was a girl who had read the series, Inheritance Cycle and wanted to visit that time period. So one morning, she got up, had some WAFFLES for breakfast and then went to her attic to get the time block. She had never used it before, but she did not want to read all of the instructions on the LABEL, so she got a speedy start and pushed the button. But she ended up in a SWAMP full of lilly pads, now she knows to always read instructions.

message 12: by Aneesha (new)

Aneesha (saianeesha) | 128 comments HELLP EVERYONE, I AM ALSO HAVING A CONTEST ON WHO HAS THE MOST AND THE BEST QUICK WRITES. CLOSING DATE IS ON 05/05/09 OR THIS THURSDAY. under some circumstances, i might extend the closing date, in other words, if no one posts. Please Do!!

message 13: by Aneesha (new)

Aneesha (saianeesha) | 128 comments i meant HELLO, sorry!

message 14: by P, aspiring author and bookworm (new)

what are your words?

message 15: by Aneesha (new)

Aneesha (saianeesha) | 128 comments the next words are gap, insist, jumping

message 16: by P, aspiring author and bookworm (new)

There once was a girl who insisted on jumping a gap. Her friends were uncertain, but they let her. She started running towards the gap to get a good head start, when a refrigerator fell in front of her. The refrigerator turned out to be a time machine where a girl who didn't read directions had gotten stuck.

message 17: by P, aspiring author and bookworm (new)

Jin, microphone, obnoxious

message 18: by Aneesha (new)

Aneesha (saianeesha) | 128 comments Jin took the microphone out of the stand and picked a slip from the hat. They were playing improve games and the one that she picked said that she had to act obnoxious to the person next to her.

{I am sorry.... that was not good, but i tried