Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Harry Potter, #7) Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows question

What? Neville got married to Hannah, and Luna got married to Rolf scamander?

People normally don't marry their highschool girl/boyfriends.

I find it ridiculous that a lot people in the books married their teenage sweethearts.

Vermin Supreme™ I found it a little overwhelming too, the amount of people who got married to their Hogwarts friends. But then you have to remind yourself; most peopl ...more
Oct 09, 2012 06:25PM
Vermin Supreme™ I know if I was a witch I wouldn't stand being married to a muggle. XD But yes, they should have included that. But, what with Pottermore, they might ...more
Oct 09, 2012 06:47PM

Avani (last edited Aug 29, 2012 01:54PM ) Aug 29, 2012 01:51PM   1 vote
We missed a nineteen year gap between studenthood and adulthood, and a lot can happen in nineteen years. Neville and Hannah must've met and bonded down the line, and Rolf must have come up somehow, too.

I thought Luna and Dean would end up together, because we saw them get to know each other in the seventh book. We never really saw Neville's romantic life, besides asking Ginny to the Yule Ball as a last resort, so I can't really say who I think Neville would've married.

Another thing to note for any interested Potterheads-- Rolf Scamander was grandson of Newt Scamander, author of Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them. Rolf also became a magizoologist (one who studies magical creatures), and he and Luna had two childen, Lorcan and Lysander.

Considering how much Luna loves magical creatures, I think Rolf was a perfect fit for her! She also becomes an expert in magical creature care, if I recall correctly.

Somehow, I totally dig the idea of Neville teaching Herbology at Hogwart's and living above the pub. Kind of makes him way cooler than we ever pictured him. Perhaps killing Nagini and being a total hero in the last war with Voldemort gave him a bit more confidence.

As for George and Angelina, as far as we know, she only went on one date with Fred to the Yule Ball, three years before he died. It's not exactly like she was Fred's widow and then turned to the identical twin brother. It just doesn't feel as dramatically weird to me.

Overall, I'm with Avani on this...totally happy with happy endings. :)

Ciara (last edited Oct 03, 2012 10:16AM ) Oct 03, 2012 10:12AM   0 votes
Well, not everyone who attended Hogwarts could have gotten married. It wouldn't have been realistic.
But, to be fair, Luna and Rolf were an excellent match - Rolf is the grandson of Newt Scamander (author of Fantastic Beasts & Where To Find Them), so they were right for each other, in my opinion.
Also, as Avani stated, Luna and Rolf had twin boys, Lorcan and Lysander. It is believed that they were born quite a bit after Hary, for example, had James (his eldest child).

I'm not so sure about Neville and Hannah, but because we don't know a lot about her, I can't really say much.

I don't remember a 'Rolf' Scamander- there was a Newt Scamander, he wrote one of their schoolbooks during the first year.

Who is Hannah, Rolf, and Daphne? Luna and Neville are good together. Maybe Draco and Pansy, or at less tell me a romantic story.

deleted member Aug 31, 2012 06:46AM   0 votes
Honestly? None of the romantic couplings were all that great to me. I was bored.

That is interesting I didn't know that. I read the other day and was surprised that George married Angelina, weird since she had dated Fred.
As far as Hannah being a landlady, I could see that. Being the wife of a teacher doesn't mean you make a fancy living. Besides maybe that is where they lived as newlyweds when they were first starting out and making ends meet.

deleted member Oct 02, 2012 07:30PM   0 votes
There's so much wrong with that!!!

Neville and Luna. Luna and Neville.

That's how it should be.

I'm going to pretend that's how it is.

Yes, Luna and Neville were a 'cute' couple, and they were good together, but like a lot of other people said, a lot can happen in 19 years. Maybe they dated for a little while then broke up.