Vaginal Fantasy Book Club discussion

Eternal Pleasure (Gods of the Night #1)
This topic is about Eternal Pleasure
Sep 2012: Cthulhurotica > Alt read Eternal Pleasure Trailer!

Comments (showing 1-43 of 43) (43 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Mika Christoffersen | 3 comments I haven't started it yet - but look at this trailer! This is the most ridiculous thing I have ever seen.. wierdly now even more excited to read about akward dino hugs/sexy-times!

http://www.ninabangs.com/bookshelf/et...

message 2: by Felicia, Grand Duchess (new)

Felicia (feliciaday) | 740 comments Mod
I AM LAUGHING SO HARD WTF WITH THE MUSIC?!

message 3: by Vicky (new)

Vicky (librovert) | 493 comments Mod
I just realized the hero's name is "Ty" as in Tyranosaurus. Book 2's hero is "Al" as in Allosaurus. Book 3 features "Utah" a triplet who's brothers are "Rap" and "Tor" as in Utahraptor.

This. Will Be. EPIC.

Becca (herblackwings29) | 85 comments ...oh dear gods...I'm so glad I downloaded this last night. Although I'm afraid I'll end up ACTUALLY liking it...there's no shame in that right?

Chuck Bailey (Chuck_Bailey) | 63 comments HA!

Amanda (LadyCello) | 213 comments Soooo funny! This combined with what I've read of the book so far, I have a feeling I'm going to like this book for all the wrong reasons. I hope this trailer gets discussed at the next Tuesday hangout! :)

message 7: by Charlie (new)

Charlie (Nocranberry) | 45 comments So dramatic, I love it!

Leah | 100 comments Thank you, Mika. I haven't laughed that hard in a while. You made my day.

message 9: by Leslie (last edited Aug 29, 2012 05:58PM) (new)

Leslie | 46 comments KEEERIST! Can someone please get a film student to direct their book trailers. These are awful. Also, now my boyfriend wants to read the book. I'm really liking this alt already.

Also, I think I got a librarian to check out this book. WOOT for corrupting the learned and cultured!

message 10: by Tina (new) - rated it 4 stars

Tina (tinabluebee) | 28 comments Hahahaha!!! Can't. Breathe. Laughing.

Claire (cacromwell) | 221 comments Oh. Wow.

That was ... something? I expect this to be a hilarious read. Although I guess the triplets do explain the 11 good guys vs 9 bad guys discrepancy.

message 12: by Brandy (new) - added it

Brandy | 6 comments I was laughing at the music, the "special effects," the trailer in general...and my husband turned around and said, "That looks like your worst vampire story yet," then saw the T-Rex head and changed his mind. "Actually, this might be the best."

Miss_Tessa_Melissa | 88 comments Oh. My. God.

I think that was the best thing I've seen since Gangnam Style......

Gotobedmouse | 73 comments Ohhhh! This is bad very bad...I am loving it.

message 15: by Fi (new) - rated it 1 star

Fi Miller | 75 comments Who on earth did the edit for the video??! *insert nerdy video editor chick* :P It's probably the silliest trailer for a book that I've seen in a long time - whoever made it obviously when tramping through google images. I'm still excited about the prospect of dinosaur-gasms though! (lolzasaurus...too much?)

message 16: by Jute (last edited Aug 31, 2012 06:27AM) (new)

Jute | 238 comments Fi wrote: "Who on earth did the edit for the video??! *insert nerdy video editor chick* :P It's probably the silliest trailer for a book that I've seen in a long time - whoever made it obviously when tramping..."

However silly you found the trailer...just magnify it by a factor of 10 and that's how silly the book is! So the trailer is strangely appropriate.

Michelle ♣ Ndayeni (Ndayeni) | 64 comments Fi wrote: "Who on earth did the edit for the video??! *insert nerdy video editor chick* :P It's probably the silliest trailer for a book that I've seen in a long time - whoever made it obviously when tramping..."

I'm far from an expert, but that was my impression as well. They obviously didn't have much budget for it, because it just looked like a montage of badly C&P'd/photoshopped images spliced in with some stock animations. I have zero knowlege of or experience with making videos, but I probably could have put together something smoother with just a little practice.

message 18: by Fi (new) - rated it 1 star

Fi Miller | 75 comments Jute wrote: "Fi wrote: "Who on earth did the edit for the video??! *insert nerdy video editor chick* :P It's probably the silliest trailer for a book that I've seen in a long time - whoever made it obviously wh..."

Haha, this is probably, actually definitely true! I may end up appreciating the trailer once I've made a start on the book.

@Michelle (aka Ndayeni) - lets hope they didn't pay someone to do it!

Michelle ♣ Ndayeni (Ndayeni) | 64 comments The credits say it was done by Circle of Seven Productions, which is a name I recognize from other book trailers. This must have been one of their early ones though, because the others I've seen from them aren't this amateurish looking.

message 20: by Vicky (new)

Vicky (librovert) | 493 comments Mod
Michelle (aka Ndayeni) wrote: "The credits say it was done by Circle of Seven Productions, which is a name I recognize from other book trailers. This must have been one of their early ones though, because the others I've seen fr..."

I dunno.... here's a link to their most recent book trailer on YouTube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gUog7e...

:s

Michelle ♣ Ndayeni (Ndayeni) | 64 comments Vicky wrote: "Michelle (aka Ndayeni) wrote: "The credits say it was done by Circle of Seven Productions, which is a name I recognize from other book trailers. This must have been one of their early ones though, ..."

Ah...point taken, lol. Maybe I'm misremembering the others I've seen. Christine Feehan uses them for her book trailers (or her publisher does, whichever), and that's the main place I've seen them.

Personally I think book trailers tend to be pretty cheesy and stupid anyway, regardless of the book or company doing them, but that's just me, and is a bit off topic here.

message 22: by Tanu (new)

Tanu (spongebobtanu) | 12 comments Vicky wrote:I dunno.... here's a link to their most recent book trailer on YouTube. ..."

"if he can keep her hands off his loaded gun" hahahahahaaha!!!

message 23: by Rhapsody (new)

Rhapsody | 27 comments Oh my goodness! If that is a taste of what the book is all about I will be afraid to read it on the bus to work - might laugh out loud. Hahaha! Oh...and the name "Nina Bangs"...surely that cannot be real?! Thanks for posting the trailer, Mika.

Amanda (LadyCello) | 213 comments Rhapsody wrote: "Oh my goodness! If that is a taste of what the book is all about I will be afraid to read it on the bus to work - might laugh out loud. Hahaha! Oh...and the name "Nina Bangs"...surely that cannot b..."

I just so happened to be reading it on the bus to work, and even though it was on my e-reader, I still felt shy as I feared the person sitting next to me would look over to catch such choice word selections as "sexual force field" and "cupping my balls". This book is hilariously pervy!

Becca (herblackwings29) | 85 comments I really prefer not to see the book trailers. I like to figure out what the characters look like on my own.

Candace (CSavvy) | 13 comments Becca wrote: "I really prefer not to see the book trailers. I like to figure out what the characters look like on my own."

You should make an exception for this one, because it is so ridiculous, and awesomely bad.

message 27: by Rhapsody (new)

Rhapsody | 27 comments LadyCello, I have the same fear about the person sitting next to me catching some choice words on the bus too! I am reading Cthulhurotica at the moment (only reading that one at home!) but I will get Eternal Pleasure soon for my journey to work. Haha..."cupping my balls"! This seems like it will be a fun read. Hahaha...I just remembered the buses over here have security cameras in them...imagine what the security guards could see?!

Becca, I agree with Candace. This is so ridiculous and there was not much about what the characters look like. If anything, you should just listen to it and not watch - the music is EPIC! ;)

Amanda (LadyCello) | 213 comments Rhapsody, if the security guards read enough with you, they will see the word "cock" mentioned no fewer than twelve times (no joke, I did a word search after the first few times). I have NEVER read a book that used this word so much.

I bet a random dirty word search would bring up some really funny results. Childish? Yes. Hilarious? I think so :)

Brianna That was beautiful. It's especially funny post-read. Those don't look anything like the characters I imagined!

Tanya Hakala (hak42) | 8 comments Brianna wrote: "That was beautiful. It's especially funny post-read. Those don't look anything like the characters I imagined!"

Those were my thoughts as well!

Leesa (leesalogic) Can't wait to read this. Heehee!

Becca (herblackwings29) | 85 comments Candace wrote: "Becca wrote: "I really prefer not to see the book trailers. I like to figure out what the characters look like on my own."

You should make an exception for this one, because it is so ridiculous, a..."

I did watch it and found it hilarious, but as a trend the book trailer thing isn't for me.

message 33: by Caroline (new)

Caroline Noble | 6 comments Mika wrote: "I haven't started it yet - but look at this trailer! This is the most ridiculous thing I have ever seen.. wierdly now even more excited to read about akward dino hugs/sexy-times!

http://www.ninaba..."

Oh hells no, what the sweet hell is that!

message 34: by Jon (new)

Jon  | 91 comments Ok I'm sold. I was just going to stick with the main pick. But this is too good to pass up.

message 35: by Iris (new)

Iris (iris18) | 10 comments I wouldn't have bothered with the alt book if I'd seen this trailer first. This book is so bad with its cliched characters and predictable storyline.

message 36: by Christine (new)

Christine (AnimeCanuck) | 410 comments That was so weird! Why all the photoshopped people?! I was expecting something more like this Sense and Sensibility and Sea Monsters trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_jZVE5...

You know, with real actors? Anyway, it fits this month's theme - tentacles. XD

Enjoy?!

I agree with Felicia about the music chosen for the trailer, too - especially the weird buzzing at one point where there was the dotted silhouette of a man near the end. Weird.

Becca (herblackwings29) | 85 comments I read the first page of chapter one and I know I've read it before. I'm not sure if it was a preview in the one other Nina Bangs book I have read or if I picked it up to start it in the past and threw it down in disgust. I suppose I'll just suck it up and read it though.

Tegan (joggiwagga) | 276 comments Becca wrote: "I really prefer not to see the book trailers. I like to figure out what the characters look like on my own."

The guys in the trailer also really don't match what the books seem to describe. The books describe huge, hard edged, men. The trailer has what looks like body-builder boy band members... got some buff there but not really a hard badass look.

Ashley | 55 comments Once you read the book, you realize that this clusterf*ck of a trailer is ABSOLUTELY FITTING.

Justine Mcintyre (justinemcintyre) | 23 comments Oh my gosh, that trailer XD I'm about 40% through the book so far and finding it hilarious how ridiculous it is. I don't know if I can read it on the bus anymore either though after I had to stop myself from laughing out loud at the "erotic blasts" the main character was getting hit with from him...

message 41: by Brandy (new) - added it

Brandy | 6 comments I just got my book delivered today. (Took a while to find it and have it shipped.) I am more excited than I should be, I think.

message 42: by Lara (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lara (Larabob) | 95 comments Ashley wrote: "Once you read the book, you realize that this clusterf*ck of a trailer is ABSOLUTELY FITTING."

Exactly what you said!

AAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

message 43: by Mika (new) - rated it 2 stars

Mika Christoffersen | 3 comments Ashley wrote: "Once you read the book, you realize that this clusterf*ck of a trailer is ABSOLUTELY FITTING."

This! I got through about a third of the book before I had to quit.. I couldn't help but keep picturing a super silly T-rex with its tiny arms trying to hug somebody everytime they mentioned anything hinting at sex!