Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (Harry Potter, #1) Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone question

what are your comments on all the harry potter books?
Matt.david El Matt.david Aug 29, 2012 09:12AM
simple question; what do YOU peaple think of all of the harry potter books???

They're great; they're the love of my life! I think the series tied up nicely.

U 25x33
Matt.david El hy thnks avani, I'm matt, do u have an email adress?
Aug 29, 2012 09:20AM

I loved all the books. Sure they are for children but a good read is a good read. I find that reading books that take you out of what you're normal use to reading is a great thing because it shows you all the genres that are out there. So love them all ...

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, LOVE every single aspect of these books and can't wait for her next release. That's 1 love for every book.x

Hannah (last edited Sep 06, 2012 04:27PM ) Sep 06, 2012 04:26PM   0 votes
It was SO cool! I loved the part where he got his new broomstick. I also liked in the first book when Ron saved Hermione from the ogre/troll/whatever it was and they became friends. XD I also really liked the chess part. I play chess myself so it was pretty interesting. I'll describe one word for the whole series: supercalafragilisticespecialidocious!

PS. Didn't you just LOVE that movie? ;)

PPS. Did I spell it right?

I am an adult that loves books and loves reading. My husband and I share books, and we read together in the evenings out loud. They were a wonderful read aloud for this adult and her husband. My son promised to read the Lord of the Rings trilogy if we would read the Harry Potter series. I am so glad we read the books and are seriously considering reading them again. I am an adult who is a huge fan of the Harry Potter books.

love them, absolutely could not put them down my first time around

Harry Potter books are everything that a book series should be. They accompanied me from childhood to adulthood.They're about good and evil but they're not stereotyped.

All the characters, from Harry, Ron and Hermione to Dobby the house-elf, are very well characterized and have their positive sides as negative sides as well. They're not just good or bad.

These books are well-finished, every detail fits perfectly. Every detail has a meaning and nothing is left to chance.

J. K. Rowling's style is simple but is also able to glue your eyes to the pages and her words are not easy forgotten.

In a word, Harry Potter is a MASTERPIECE!

Elizabeth (last edited Aug 31, 2012 04:26PM ) Aug 31, 2012 04:26PM   0 votes
Fabulous! Amazing! Great! Realistic! Awesome! Good! Magical! Spectacular! Beautiful! Happy! Lovely! Perfection! Think of a good adjective.... Those are the sort of words that describe Harry Potter.

Amazing! Once in a lifetime kind of story that completely captured my heart. I started reading these when I was eight and at twenty one I am still completely in love with them. I believe I have read each book at least five times and I still find myself excited to turn each page. J.K. Rowling created a masterpiece that I will definitely read with my future children. I will be ninety years old reading these books while laughing at Fred and George, biting my nails in suspense as Harry, Ron, and Hermione save the day, squealing and giggling like a school girl when Harry kisses Ginny and Ron and Hermione finally get together, and I will be a sobbing mess when Sirius falls through that curtain, Harry cries over Dumbledores body, and when Harry knowingly walks to his death. To me these were not just characters in a book, but friends that I met on a train when I was eight years old and followed throughout the rest of my childhood, we shared adventures, loss, and even happiness, and that is something you can never forget.

im an adult, still love em

Zora, your an adult and you start your comment with "Meh?" LOL!

Meh. I'm an adult, and they're books for children. They are derivative, I find the humor too twee and the wordplay predictable. The good/bad people portrayals are simplistic. I don't hate children who love them--it's appropriate for children to love them. But they really aren't very good, just mediocre. When you grow up and read them to your own children, you'll see that, but your children will probably like them, too.