Writing Passionates discussion

Sucess

Comments Showing 1-50 of 78 (78 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

Xerxes Break(Vivian Ephona) (ephona) This question is mostly for Roni, Brigid and Kenzie:

How do you get so successful in your stories?

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

lolz, I honestly don't have a clue.

message 3: by T.O.L.I. (new)

T.O.L.I. (taleoflostink) | 1770 comments i know!!! its just so many ppl go to read it and they love them all!

message 4: by Daisy (new)

Daisy | 1074 comments thats a good question

message 5: by T.O.L.I. (new)

T.O.L.I. (taleoflostink) | 1770 comments hmmmmmm

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

Yeah, well I wish people would review on mine . . . XD same as other people's too. It might be the fact of advertising or something.

Xerxes Break(Vivian Ephona) (ephona) Yeah that's what I want to do ^-^ I just want more feedback like they do cause they get LOTS of it but I don't want to be annoying and 'READ MY STORY' in ppl's faces

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

lolz yeah, me either.

message 9: by Kenzie (new)

Kenzie | 2838 comments Hmm ... I really don't know why people read my stuff. I don't get it, honestly. Most of my stuff is terrible! I just let people know if I've added something new, and they read it if they want. *shrugs* I don't really advertise mine.

message 10: by Paige (new)

Paige Miller %^&^@#$$*(@*$%

YOU DON"T THINK YOUR STORIES ARE GOOD??????????? I'D DIE TO BE AS AWESOME AS YOU!!!!!

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

lolz Tink. I AGREE WITH TINK!!!!!!!!!

message 12: by T.O.L.I. (new)

T.O.L.I. (taleoflostink) | 1770 comments i know!!! they r amazing!!!

Xerxes Break(Vivian Ephona) (ephona) Lol I TOTALLY understand that Kenzie! I'm just having trouble with ppl reading my stories PERIOD

message 14: by Kenzie (new)

Kenzie | 2838 comments Hmmm ... well, I guess I'd just say to advertise a little. People won't read what they don't know exists. I tell everyone I know when I add a new chapter, and hopefully they'll read it. One time I started a post asking people what they thought of it--since no one ever tells me things to fix--and people found out that way. *shrugs*

message 15: by Kenzie (new)

Kenzie | 2838 comments Well, it's not that I don't think they're good, it's just that ... I feel like I could do better, and am so mad at myself that I can't. I try to stay away from cliche things, and throw in a little humor. *shrugs* But some of my stuff has been TERRIBLE, like Runaway. Gosh, I can't believe people used to actually read that. I've filed it under, "stories written that suck".

message 16: by T.O.L.I. (new)

T.O.L.I. (taleoflostink) | 1770 comments lol

message 17: by Paige (new)

Paige Miller Kenzie wrote: "Hmmm ... well, I guess I'd just say to advertise a little. People won't read what they don't know exists. I tell everyone I know when I add a new chapter, and hopefully they'll read it. One time I ..."

Yup, you just have completely biased lovers like me. I could never EVER tell you to change anything about RS... the whole time, I'm like, TELL ME MORE!!! or OMG THAT WAS SO GOOD!!!!!!

Kenzie wrote: "Well, it's not that I don't think they're good, it's just that ... I feel like I could do better, and am so mad at myself that I can't. I try to stay away from cliche things, and throw in a little ..."

I wouldn't know- I never read it! *is curious* *decides to go check and see if this is on GR*

message 18: by Paige (new)

Paige Miller hmmm....nope....

message 19: by Kenzie (new)

Kenzie | 2838 comments *shakes head* No way. I took it off a long time ago, and don't intend to put it back up.

message 20: by Brigid ✩ (new)

Brigid ✩ | 5857 comments Mod
yeah, idk either. i really only tell ppl to read my story in this group, and i have no idea how other ppl find it. lol. i guess word gets around somehow ... i really don't know.

i think it's partly about posting the right story, u know? it's like, some of my stories have only attracted like ten readers while others have, like, a hundred. it depends.

like the first things I posted were Destiny and The Chosen One, and only like two people read them. then when I posted Soul Stealer it was suddenly like BAM!!! 200 PPL LIKE THIS!!!

*shrugs* it's a mystery.

message 21: by Kenzie (new)

Kenzie | 2838 comments Yeah, I know what you mean, Brigid. I posted Finding My Father and not a lot of people read it. And then I posted Reawakened Soul--I'm constantly bombarded for new chapters. It's crazy. *shrugs* I guess it's all about finding the right one, like you said Brigid.

message 22: by [deleted user] (new)

lolz, yeah maybe . . .

Xerxes Break(Vivian Ephona) (ephona) That actually helps. Maybe I just need to not be so dense XD

message 24: by Paige (new)

Paige Miller Ephona (Ran-ne-roo) wrote: "That actually helps. Maybe I just need to not be so dense XD"

I commented!!! On yours!!! It was good!!!!

Kenzie wrote: "Yeah, I know what you mean, Brigid. I posted Finding My Father and not a lot of people read it. And then I posted Reawakened Soul--I'm constantly bombarded for new chapters. It's crazy. *shrugs* I ..."

Lol.... I'm the one constantly sending her messages...

MORE MORE MORE MORE MORE!!!!

message 25: by Brigid ✩ (new)

what i hate is when a lot of ppl like my story, but i'm like, "heheh ... i don't think i'll ever finish this ..." like with Shades. i feel so guilty about it. ><

message 26: by T.O.L.I. (new)

T.O.L.I. (taleoflostink) | 1770 comments i guess it is the right story....hmmm

message 27: by Sella, ov vey! i haven't checked this group in months. >< (new)

Sella Malin | 4530 comments Mod
Kenzie wrote: "Well, it's not that I don't think they're good, it's just that ... I feel like I could do better, and am so mad at myself that I can't. I try to stay away from cliche things, and throw in a little ..."

Are you kidding?!?! Runaway was sooo good!!!! I can't believe you've filed it away!! :P

message 28: by Josh (new)

Josh | 83 comments Okay TOLI, the last three comments of yours that I've read consisted of LOL, haha, and lol. Do you usualy go around laughing at random conversations?

message 29: by Josh (new)

Josh | 83 comments I mean this last one wasnt even all that funny

message 30: by Kenzie (new)

Kenzie | 2838 comments Yeah, Toli's always 'lol'ing or something like that. XD

And you liked Runaway, Sella?! Are you kidding?! Gah! That was AWFUL!

message 31: by T.O.L.I. (new)

T.O.L.I. (taleoflostink) | 1770 comments i know...sry...im a bit hyper and have nothing else to say....i will erase that comment *bows solemnly*

message 32: by Josh (new)

Josh | 83 comments Lol!

(my turn MWWAHAHAHA!)

message 33: by Brigid ✩ (new)

Kenzie wrote: "Yeah, Toli's always 'lol'ing or something like that. XD

And you liked Runaway, Sella?! Are you kidding?! Gah! That was AWFUL!"

Pssh it was NOT awful.
but i know how you can grow to hate your own writing ... it happens to me all the time. >.< i don't hate Injection ... yet. and i like Reborn. But Destiny and Soul Stealer ... blaaah.

message 34: by Paige (new)

Paige Miller You hate Soul Stealer? o_O

message 35: by [deleted user] (new)

I hate my nano story. With all my heart, I hate it.

Xerxes Break(Vivian Ephona) (ephona) I love my nano story...it just didn't turn out to be a winner...and I STILL gots writer's block

Xerxes Break(Vivian Ephona) (ephona) ♥ Brigid ♥ wrote: "what i hate is when a lot of ppl like my story, but i'm like, "heheh ... i don't think i'll ever finish this ..." like with Shades. i feel so guilty about it. ><
"

-----------
Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwww but maybe you shall! Ideas never cease!

message 38: by T.O.L.I. (new)

T.O.L.I. (taleoflostink) | 1770 comments I loved my nano story....but it was the first long thing i ever completed

message 39: by [deleted user] (new)

lolz it was my second. And I still hate it.

message 40: by T.O.L.I. (new)

T.O.L.I. (taleoflostink) | 1770 comments lol.....well freeze is relatively popular...no where near brigid's and kenzie's though...and I advertise a lot...

message 41: by [deleted user] (new)

Brigid and Kenzie both hit 400 and 300 reviews. lol

message 42: by T.O.L.I. (new)

T.O.L.I. (taleoflostink) | 1770 comments I know.....errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.....and Freeze has what? 105.....errrr

message 43: by [deleted user] (new)

i only got 122

message 44: by T.O.L.I. (new)

T.O.L.I. (taleoflostink) | 1770 comments lol....*sigh*......hmmm...I have to post more of freeze and you have to read it lol! no pressure seriously...

message 45: by [deleted user] (new)

lol, sorry Saturday's are my days to read other stories. Which is today . . . so if I have time today I've got to catch up on people's stories.

message 46: by T.O.L.I. (new)

T.O.L.I. (taleoflostink) | 1770 comments thankies..i know i have to catch up on kenzie's...lol

message 47: by Brigid ✩ (new)

Paige aka Tink wrote: "You hate Soul Stealer? o_O"

kinda ... yah ... like, it has a lot of potential. but for now, i don't like it. >.<

message 48: by Brigid ✩ (new)

Ephona (Ran-ne-roo) wrote: "♥ Brigid ♥ wrote: "what i hate is when a lot of ppl like my story, but i'm like, "heheh ... i don't think i'll ever finish this ..." like with Shades. i feel so guilty about it. ><
"
-----------
Aw..."

haha ... well my ideas cease. lol

message 49: by Sella, ov vey! i haven't checked this group in months. >< (new)

Sella Malin | 4530 comments Mod
Kenzie wrote: "Yeah, Toli's always 'lol'ing or something like that. XD

And you liked Runaway, Sella?! Are you kidding?! Gah! That was AWFUL!"

Ah shut up Kenzie. It was really good. XD Don't worry, it's just you- I hate some of my early writing too. I don't hate outcast and star soul yet, but I think the morte's really bad, even though ppl tell me it isn't.

message 50: by Kenzie (new)

Kenzie | 2838 comments I dunno. It just seems SO badly written. If I look at how I write now, and compare it to then ... GAH! I keep thinking, "Did I actually write that?!"

Guys, it's not about getting reviews. Really, the amount doesn't matter. If you have a good story--and you both DO--then it doesn't matter how many reviews you get.

And the only reason I get so many reviews is 'cause I write such short chapters, not 'cause the story's good.

« previous 1