Daily Diary discussion

Daily Life > Waiting for your car to be repaired

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ed (new)

Ed | 237 comments Mod
Well here I am, waiting for my car to be repaired on a saturday morning. My car won't easily go in reverse..so probably a transmission problem. :( Luckily there's a computer here and I brought a book. What do others do while waiting? I find that I actually often get a lot of reading done while waiting..at airports, car places, etc.

message 2: by Heidi (new)

Heidi  | 23 comments I always keep a book in my car (or duffel if it's a trip) because I agree, whether it's the doctor's office or kids' hockey practice, it's time I can get some reading done. Otherwise I'm only able to read right before bed most times.

message 3: by Cheryl (new)

Cheryl (chaoscat60) | 37 comments I always carry a book too and bwcause I'll stand on lines reading and don't want people bugging me I always have jackets on my books. It drives me nuts when some schmuck has to comment on what I might be reading.

message 4: by Holli (new)

Holli I also always carry a book with me...I read no matter where I am!

message 5: by Tressa (new)

Tressa  (moanalisa) I'll carry a book with me, but for some reason I just can't concentrate when I read books in public. I can't savor the words with so much cacophony around me.

I'll usually bring my trusty crossword puzzle book, or my iPod. But it's embarrassing the few times I had my iPod on and someone at the auto place (or doctor's office) called my name when I wasn't expecting it.

Eh, if I'm desperate I'll read the crummy magazines auto places have. They're mainly geared toward men, though.

message 6: by Jim (new)

Jim Cherry (jymwrite) | 11 comments When I'm in places like auto repair places I usually take it as an opportunity to read the magazines, you never know when you'll run across something interesting. It seems to me an opportunity to expand horizons, believe it or not.

message 7: by Tressa (new)

Tressa  (moanalisa) Jim, of course every opportunity in life is a learning lesson. But I'm not about to flip through some hunting or car magazines to pass the time in an auto repair shop. I'm glad you enjoy them, though.

message 8: by Jim (new)

Jim Cherry (jymwrite) | 11 comments You have to look to through them I've found more than one Cosmo or Redbook to look through. I think those you have to check occasionally to see what woman are up to. I also find some news magazines, you gotta sift.

message 9: by Ed (new)

Ed | 237 comments Mod
I recently started reading Smithsonian in a doctor's office. I used to read that many, many years ago..inspired me to subscribe again. :)

message 10: by Tressa (new)

Tressa  (moanalisa) Well, there have been times when I've been desperate for something to read and I had to resort to sifting. Occasionally I would find an article in a car magazine that I and other women not interested in cars could relate to. But if I had my drutthers I'd be sifting through something else.

Here's a tip for you, Jim: Most real women aren't up to the things the women in Cosmo are up to. Be very careful about what you read in those mags.

Smithsonian is one I would enjoy. I recently started subscribing to National Geographic.

message 11: by Peanut (new)

Peanut If I had to sit and wait, I'd bring a book or my nintendo DS.

Normally I go to a trusted mechanic (is that a rarity or what?) and my mom will drive me back to my house. I can log into work there.