Writer's Paradise discussion

Writers U-Z > Valerina is here

Comments Showing 1-32 of 32 (32 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Valerie (new)

Valerie (veegood) | 11 comments What a great idea. I have joined the group tonight, but I will start the challenge tomorrow (Feb 1st) as it is late and I am tired.
Sigh.
Goals for the year are to submit something for publishing every month AND to finish my novel.
Good luck to everybody participating in the challenge. Let's make it a great year!

message 2: by T.O.L.I. (new)

T.O.L.I. (Taleoflostink) | 1367 comments welcome valerina! some great goals!

message 3: by Paige (new)

Paige Miller | 4362 comments hi!

message 4: by T.O.L.I. (new)

T.O.L.I. (Taleoflostink) | 1367 comments *D

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

I agree with Tale_of_lost_ink!!

message 6: by Valerie (new)

Valerie (veegood) | 11 comments OK, first day of the challenge. Dealing with family and getting the kids ready to go back to school tomorrow took up a lot of my day today, but I sat down at 10.30pm to write *something* because I knew I had to.

So I wrote 184 words for my piece for my Writers Circle on Friday.

Projects I am working on at the moment include my novel (tentatively titled "Scattered Seeds"), a childrens story called Night Time Fright which I intend to submit to a school magazine which has accepted one of my stories before, and something for my Writer's Circle with the topic "The Master's Decree."

And now its 11pm and I'm off to bed. Good night all and sweet dreams!

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

Great job! What is your WC goal for every day?

message 8: by T.O.L.I. (new)

T.O.L.I. (Taleoflostink) | 1367 comments hi valerina!!

message 9: by Paige (new)

Paige Miller | 4362 comments :D

message 10: by Valerie (new)

Valerie (veegood) | 11 comments I tend to work better with time goals rather than word count goals, so my absolute minimum is 15 minutes per day (on the days when I work and have to get the kids to boxing and Little Athletics and cook and clean and look after my sick mother!)
Today I was away from my computer so I've done all my writing by hand in a notebook. I have no idea how many words there are, but I have written the outline and some character sketches and a few key phrases for my writer's circle piece for Friday.
I also printed out Night Time Fright for its final editing, I aim to have it in the post by the end of the week.

Thanks to all for your encouraging words. I hope to soon have the time to pop into your threads and join in, but at the moment I'm just swamped.

message 11: by T.O.L.I. (new)

T.O.L.I. (Taleoflostink) | 1367 comments great!

message 12: by Valerie (new)

Valerie (veegood) | 11 comments Days 3 & 4, I worked on my piece for Writer's Circle. At the moment it is called 'You're Not The Boss Of Me' but this may change. It is almost finished, it will be ready to read out on Friday.
Also in these two days I went back to work after having annual leave since December 23rd, and did a lot of running around getting my new car sorted. I am now mobile again, and can take a bit more control of my life, choosing where and when I go. This should make it easier to plan things so I get my writing done.
Sweet dreams to all, see you tomorrow.

message 13: by T.O.L.I. (new)

T.O.L.I. (Taleoflostink) | 1367 comments great work!

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

AWESOME!!

message 15: by T.O.L.I. (new)

T.O.L.I. (Taleoflostink) | 1367 comments hehe

message 16: by Valerie (new)

Valerie (veegood) | 11 comments Ok, so days 5 & 6 were also used to finish off my piece for my Writer's Circle. I ended up calling it 'The Boss' and it turned out really well. I think I will submit it to a magazine for publishing. Fingers crossed!
I have done some work on Night Time Fright but it still needs a bit of polishing before I can send it off.

I'm very glad the weekend is here and I can stay up late and do some writing!

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

Have you posted your work on Goodreads?

message 18: by Paige (new)

Paige Miller | 4362 comments good work!

message 19: by T.O.L.I. (new)

T.O.L.I. (Taleoflostink) | 1367 comments great job!

message 20: by Paige (new)

Paige Miller | 4362 comments so anyway... sup?

message 21: by T.O.L.I. (new)

T.O.L.I. (Taleoflostink) | 1367 comments hmmm nothing...*sigh*

message 22: by Paige (new)

Paige Miller | 4362 comments Me too...

message 23: by Valerie (new)

Valerie (veegood) | 11 comments Hello, I'm back. Missed you all but my life has been kinda crazy!
I have started the challenge again from the first of June. I cannot get at the computer very much lately as there is always a queue, so I have acquired a notebook specifically for the challenge, to detail what I write each day. Yesterday was all about the new challenge, today will be my writer's circle piece for Friday. Theme is 'Lie in the Dark' so it could be interesting.
My son is waiting with bated breath to get on the computer, so I'll talk to you later!

message 24: by Paige (new)

Paige (anauthor) Hi Valerie.

I'm just making my rounds introducing myself to the people that I havne't met.

See you around.

message 25: by Valerie (new)

Valerie (veegood) | 11 comments Just popping in to say Hi before surrendering the computer to hubby. I have written every day of the month so far, and have detailed it all in my little notebook - which, of course, I do not have in front of me right now and if I get up to get it I will lose my spot at the computer.
Back tomorrow (fingers crossed).

message 26: by [deleted user] (new)

hey, at least you're writing! I can't wait to see a word count! :D

message 27: by Dee, Fan of the "Young Prose Society" (new)

Dee Marie (dee_marie) | 3382 comments Mod
Welcome back Valerie :]

message 28: by Valerie (new)

Valerie (veegood) | 11 comments Hello, me again! I am writing, not every day, but as often as I can. I uploaded a poem tonight. I don't know how to link to it but I hope some people read it and like it.
I am working on my novel and also on collating and editing my Writer's Circle's next anthology.
And now I am going to go collapse int bed, having had a very busy day.

message 29: by Micaela (new)

Micaela | 65 comments Welcome. :D

message 30: by Valerie (new)

Valerie (veegood) | 11 comments Good evening all. I am still popping by every so often. Family life is still very complicated with health issues for many family members, all of whom are under my care.

For the next month my focus will be on the new anthology to be produced by the Gosnells Writers Circle. It is called 'Write Around The Clock' and I am collating and editing it. I will probably not have a lot of time for my own writing until the book is launched on December 4th.

message 31: by Valerie (new)

Valerie (veegood) | 11 comments Hooray! Book launch today was absolutely fantastic. Every one had a great time, the Mayor came, lots of guests, and not a single hitch.
Sigh of relief.
Now I can get back to doing some of my own writing.
New goal: an hour every day on my novel. I have written the first chapter and a fairly comprehensive story outline. Tomorrow I begin!

message 32: by Valerie (new)

Valerie (veegood) | 11 comments December 5th - couldn't get at the puter, wrote in a notebook for about an hour. 5 handwritten pages, about 130 words per page. Chapter 2 well begun.

December 6th - found the OTHER notebook I started writing my novel in. I know I have lots of other notes for it in other notebooks. Melded the two and wrote a couple more pages of Chapter 2.

December 7th - Had the puter to myself tonight. Got a new flashdrive and copied all the notes in the puter onto it. Then started typing up what I had written in my notebook. Tired now and going to sleep, but word count for chapter 1 and what I've done of Chapter 2 is 1276. Just getting started!