Dangerous Hero Addict Support Group discussion

Beautiful Disaster (Beautiful, #1)
This topic is about Beautiful Disaster
Group Reads Archive > September Group Read: Beautiful Disaster by Jamie Mcguire *Spoilers*

Comments (showing 1-25 of 25) (25 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

~Megan~ (Megadee) | 1084 comments Mod
This book won the poll for the month of September.

Reading and discussion will begin on September 1.

Please feel free to post questions or observations in this thread!

message 2: by Lisarenee (new)

Lisarenee I was so upset my library had this one listed as being on order and the other day they deleted/canceled it. Gah!

Awilk -never sleeps-  (Awilk) | 98 comments I have been wanting to read this, so this will give me an excuse to bring it up the pile.

message 4: by Ren (new)

Ren (RenPuspita) | 128 comments Netgalley offer free read for this one. So I willing to join the group read

Shera (Book Whispers) (SheraBookWhispers) | 83 comments I think I have this one on Netgalley.

Kelleigh (goodreadscomsunshine2047) I read this a while ago - Pretty good read!

Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books) (Gatadelafuente) | 9533 comments Mod
I will try to get this one read for the group read! I've been looking forward to reading it.

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

I already read it, and its not worth a second read.

message 9: by Jessica (new)

Jessica (studioeastrat) | 511 comments What didn't you like about it Andie? I have heard mixed review about this one.

message 10: by [deleted user] (last edited Sep 04, 2012 02:12PM) (new)

Jessica wrote: "What didn't you like about it Andie? I have heard mixed review about this one."

http://www.goodreads.com/review/show/...

message 11: by Lisarenee (last edited Sep 04, 2012 05:49PM) (new)

Lisarenee Andie wrote: "Jessica wrote: "What didn't you like about it Andie? I have heard mixed review about this one."

http..."

Andie, I'm guessing that's why my library pulled it. I've noticed they're very selective of what they put on their shelves. It's not the first controversial book they've yanked from their circulation. So if you're wondering if reviews are looked at, they definitely are.

message 12: by Jessica (new)

Jessica (studioeastrat) | 511 comments Thanks for the info. Like I said I have seem mixed review. Seems like people really love it or hate it.

Vonetta (booktastic33) | 4 comments HI, im new to the group and new to goodreads. i read this book about a month about and let me say i started reading this book one night and it started off slow and by the fourth chapter I WAS HOOKED, i could not put it down and finished it the very next day! it became my obsession! i fell HARD for Travis! i want my very own! Enjoy your reading, you will want to read it again, Especially from his POV

Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books) (Gatadelafuente) | 9533 comments Mod
Welcome to the group, Vonetta!

Vonetta (booktastic33) | 4 comments Lady Danielle aka The Book Huntress wrote: "Welcome to the group, Vonetta!"

thnx!

message 16: by Dthompson (new)

Dthompson | 1 comments New to the group also! I read this book about a month ago also. Loved it!! Could not put it down.

Welcome, Dthompson.

I hope to get to this soon. I am slogging through review reads right now.

Wishful Kelly (Kiiss) | 10 comments Hi. I just joined the group and coincidently, i just finished beautiful disaster. It's not one of my favorite.

Welcome, Wishful. What didn't you like about it?

Wishful Kelly (Kiiss) | 10 comments The ending. We are reading through the mind of Abby, how she's determined to call it off and fickle minded bout it, as every teens/YA should be. I got that, but the proposal at the end really puts me off. Its like hours of reading whats going through Abby's mind is a waste. And the bad boy turns jelly and needy. I prefer my bad boy character to retain some masculinity even after they felt in love.
I enjoyed the middle part and how the story progressed, but the ending was really rushed. Rushing into marriage in such a young age, in a r/ship that felt so wrong, IS wrong in so many level. Thats why I dont like it, because of the ending.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. I haven't read it yet, so I don't have a personal opinion. I'm not 100% opposed to marrying young. I guess it depends on the people and the circumstances.

Wishful Kelly (Kiiss) | 10 comments Oooo, sorry for spoiling it for you.

Oh no, you didn't spoil me, Wishful. I asked, and I wanted to know. Thanks for telling me.

Moxie I recently just joined the group as well. The timing was perfect since I finished the book about a week ago. It now has a place on my favorites shelf. There was something about it that once I started reading it, I couldn't put it down and had to finish it that day.

Breeze I just finished reading Beautiful Disaster and loved it ! I'm opened a new book to start reading and put it down; picked up Beautiful Disaster and started reading it again! I liked the ending mainly because at some points I thought one of them was going to end up getting killed....I don't mind the ending because their need for family was equal and now they have control of that. Besides, divorce isn't such a dirty word. get married young and then divorce that's hardly the end of the world..........
Very intense story !