TV We've Just Watched discussion

Reality TV > Hell's Kitchen

Comments Showing 1-50 of 137 (137 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Angie (new)

Angie This show is crazy. All the screaming, tears, cursing! I get so stressed just watching it! Anyone else watch this?

message 2: by Tiffany (new)

Tiffany (xdxpx8xD) | 28 comments I love this show so much. I love chef Ramsey. He is so hilarious and so entertaining!

message 3: by Jim (new)

Jim Cherry (jymwrite) I love it too! Is there something in the American psyche that likes to see the English abuse us?

message 4: by Holli (last edited Jan 31, 2009 07:09AM) (new)

Holli I have watched this show faithfully since it started...I love it and I also love his other show Kitchen Nightmares. I think he's hilarious!!

I'm thinking this season of Hell's Kitchen should be better than last season was....at least these contestants know how to cook!! Well some of them anyway...not sure what that Lacey girl did the whole episode except quit every 5 minutes.

lol

message 5: by Stacy (new)

Stacy (sjhensley) | 928 comments I loved the comment of that lady who teaches culinary classes: "I also teach manners." LOLOLOL!

message 6: by Cyndi (new)

Cyndi (chill77) I love this show!!! I had to dvr it this week tho..

message 7: by Jim (new)

Jim Cherry (jymwrite) Stacy wrote: "I loved the comment of that lady who teaches culinary classes: "I also teach manners." LOLOLOL!"

I think she'll be out of there fast.

message 8: by Holli (new)

Holli I liked that comment too but I agree with Jim--I don't think she'll be there long! lol

Do any of you watch Kitchen Nightmares? Its really a whole other side to Gordon Ramsey......he's more human on that one more often!

message 9: by Jim (new)

Jim Cherry (jymwrite) The last Kitchen Nightmares was at a restaurant my sisters boss LOVED! He was always taking clients there & when somebody got a promotion that's where he'd take them! We laughed pretty hard on that one because her boss was an idiot.

message 10: by Holli (new)

Holli That's hilarious Jim!! Which one was that one...i can't remember....was that the older man and wife who had the Mexican restaurant where the chef sucked?

message 11: by Jim (new)

Jim Cherry (jymwrite) Holli,
No it was at a restaurant in LaGrange Park, IL or LaGrange & the restaurant was named Cafe 36. It was a fine food restaurant, that wasn't so fine.

message 12: by Holli (new)

Holli Oh I remember that one!! That's funny :)

message 13: by Angie (new)

Angie One thing about Kitchen Nightmares is that you get to really see what some restaurant's kitchens really look like. And it is scary!

message 14: by Stacy (new)

Stacy (sjhensley) | 928 comments I like Kitchen Nightmares a lot better. It's more interesting to me to see the business side of things (as I am not much of a cook!).

Also, I agree, Ramsay is more human in Kitchen Nightmares.

message 15: by Courtney (new)

Courtney (courtneyclift) | 924 comments I think I also like Kitchen Nightmares better, but Hell's kitchen can be pretty hot near the end of dinner service...ha ha. I love when he finds disgusting leftovers in restaurants because it makes me want to save money and eat at home! xo

message 16: by Holli (new)

Holli Doesn't it though? SOOO disgusting! I like both of his shows equally I think :)

message 17: by Megan (new)

Megan I haven't had the opportunity to watch Hell's Kitchen yet but my husband and I never miss an episode of Kitchen Nightmares! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Chef Ramsay. I could do without all the bleeping of every other word, but I think he is fantastic.

I also love it when he finds disgusting things in the walk-in or anywhere for that matter. I agree with Courtney that it makes me less likely to eat out now-a-days! :)

message 18: by Holli (new)

Holli I wish someone else would have gone home besides Ji this last episode. I felt so bad for her when she hurt herself and then ended up having to leave. Couldn't it have been one of the other goofballs?

:)

message 19: by Jim (new)

Jim Cherry (jymwrite) I can't believe Ramsey let her sacrifice herself for those 2 goofballs! It was astounding! I mean that Lacey two weeks in a row she's given up & she's still there!

message 20: by Holli (new)

Holli I know! She must have been hurt more than we knew or something....or maybe she'd gone to him and said she really wanted to go and wasn't going to be able to stand up and cook to her full potential. Who knows but that Lacey needs to be booted off. she's ridiculous.

message 21: by Courtney (new)

Courtney (courtneyclift) | 924 comments Holli, I felt bad about Ji too. That she even attempted dinner service she must have been in crazy pain...I couldn't believe she stood all that time!

xo

message 22: by Angie (new)

Angie You those two girls.. one of them needed to go! Lacey laying in bed.. if she is sick she needs to go. I think she just can't handle the stress (not that I could either).

message 23: by Holli (new)

Holli Laying in bed all day and then decides she'll show up just for the dinner service? The nerve!

message 24: by Andrew (new)

Andrew (sir_reads_a_lot) I know...I was sooo sad. I loved Ji, and the curage of that girl!
Colleen...how can she teach a chef school if she herself hasn't completed Culinary school?!?!?

Ayways, I love this show...I am upset that its not on again until next week!

message 25: by Angie (new)

Angie Yea Colleen's business sounds like a scam I wonder if the students know she hasn't been to school (well they do now if they didn't before).

message 26: by Jim (new)

Jim Cherry (jymwrite) I wonder how many demands for refunds await her?

message 27: by Andrew (new)

Andrew (sir_reads_a_lot) Jim....I would say...every student she has ever taught or was currently teaching!

message 28: by Holli (new)

Holli I agreed with the one at the end on the red team who said "I'm almost sad we didn't lose because I wanted to get rid of some of our dead weight." Colleen needs to go!

The blue team....wow....can't believe Seth got to stay over Charlie.

I must say those steaks made me super hungry this morning when I watched this!! LOL

message 29: by Andrew (new)

Andrew (sir_reads_a_lot) Nice Holli! I thought Giovanni should have gone from the blue team. He is a steak house chef, and at least half of his steaks cmae bac that were horrible.

I thought the guys idea of sabatoge was stupid, especially since ramsey shoved it back in there face and said it was perfect. Ramsey was my hero at that moment.

Yes, I agree he made the wrong choice sending Charlie Home Over Seth, Seth is just a complete idiot in the Kitchen (Hey! He and Collen would get along great!)

message 30: by Angie (new)

Angie I am always curious about the customers. Do they eat for free? Some sit there for 3 hours waiting for food. They must not go in there hungry!

message 31: by Holli (new)

Holli I've wondered the VERY same thing Angie!! Anyone know the story there?

message 32: by Angie (new)

Angie Well I looked it up and I found this but I don't know how true it is:
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/ind...

message 33: by Holli (new)

Holli Interesting.....I think it could be true. Some of them seem really put out though. I guess if someone paid me to do it (me being someone just off the street) I'll still be super annoyed with not getting my food on time or it being raw.

message 34: by Jim (new)

Jim Cherry (jymwrite) I can't imagine they charge people especially since you may not eat at all. I once saw a notice for an audition of diners on Craigslist for Hell's Kitchen but didn't follow up on it since I wasn't in L.A.

message 35: by Andrew (new)

Andrew (sir_reads_a_lot) Yes, they are acting and its a casting call. My sisters did it once. You go in knowing.

message 36: by Angie (new)

Angie Did your sisters eat before hand? I know I would, you are not even sure you are going to get food!

message 37: by Jim (new)

Jim Cherry (jymwrite) You could go to Fatburger if you didn't get served. Or what's that famous hotdog stand in L.A. Pinky's?

message 38: by Beverley (new)

Beverley (beverleyongoodreads) Angie wrote: "Did your sisters eat before hand? I know I would, you are not even sure you are going to get food! "

hahaha!

message 39: by Andrew (new)

Andrew (sir_reads_a_lot) Nice Angie, No they went with 6 chefs eft and they said it was the best food they had ever eaten.

message 40: by Jim (new)

Jim Cherry (jymwrite) By that time they have really seperated the wheat from the chaff. Those who go early in a season taping, not so sure. Although, I think I would be interested to be a diner.

message 41: by Monika (new)

Monika (marriedmurder) | 45 comments wow. that kind of made me like the show less...i thought it would be like tickets to a talk-show...free for the audience, and you go knowing the background of the show, and that you may not eat...

message 42: by Andrew (new)

Andrew (sir_reads_a_lot) It is like that. Some people do that, but some of it is casting. Not all, but some.

message 43: by Angie (new)

Angie I am hoping the guy wins! Plus I wonder who cleans the kitchen after the service?

message 44: by Jim (new)

Jim Cherry (jymwrite) Which guy? Danny?

message 45: by Angie (new)

Angie Oh yea Danny thank you. I forgot his name and kept watching it for it at the end of the show but the didn't show it again. Love Danny!

message 46: by Jim (new)

Jim Cherry (jymwrite) I hope Paula wins. She's stayed in the background but has been consistently good. Same with Danny too.

This group of people have consistently have ignored the value of teamwork to achieve their goals, and if you want to run a restaurant is you have to be a team leader & to do that you have to know how to be apart of team. Ben hiding an ingrediant this last show. Both Ben & Andrea have been totally unwilling to be self critical and offer to put themselves on the chopping block even when their performances sucked.

message 47: by Holli (new)

Holli I agree with you on that Jim...they really have not at all tried to work together. Not even a little bit...seems as if they are constantly fighting or undermining each other.

I also like Danny and Paula....I'd be happy with either of them winning.

message 48: by Holli (last edited Jul 19, 2009 08:05AM) (new)

Holli New season starting up again soon and I can hardly wait!!

message 49: by Jim (new)

Jim Cherry (jymwrite) Looks enticing as ever.

Tuesday!

message 50: by Angie (new)

Angie YES YES YES!

« previous 1 3