The Kill Order (The Maze Runner, #0.5) The Kill Order discussion

Anyone else think this? *SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS*

Comments (showing 1-50 of 102) (102 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Andrea (last edited Aug 27, 2012 07:29PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Andrea Anyone else think that Mark and Trina were Chuck's parents, or that Alec and Lena was? Oh, and who else thought Deedee was actually Teresa or Brenda? I even came to think that Mark was actually Rat Man. Those would have been interesting twists, but no. *Sigh*

By the way, that was one of the saddest fucking endings I have ever read!

ACTUALLY: In another copy of TKO, it says Teresa IS Deedee. Teresa meets Thomas in the epilogue and they tell each other that they're immune and Teresa says she's been with Wicked for two years, and her name used to be Deedee! Okay!

message 2: by Jessica (last edited Aug 29, 2012 04:58PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jessica Hmm. I don't know if i think that. I guess its a possibility. But I don't think Alec and Lena were parents because Lena died before that could have happened and Alec said he didn't have any children. But I do wish there had been more of a bridge between what happened at the end of TKO to when they took Thomas. I was like, what?! Wait, in what copy did it say that Teresa is Deedee?

Andrea the Barnes and Noble copy! :) They really should have kept that in all the copies *sigh*

Cassandra Yes I was thinking that Mark and Trina were Chuck's parents and that Teresa was deedee as well. i think there were enough clues throughout the book to formulate that intention. Weird that they would have that in only certain copies. And I definately wanted a bridge between the last chapter and the epilogue.

Jessica I wonder why they would take that out of some copies, it just leaves people wondering. Now I'm going to go hunt that copy down! :D Do you think there will be another prequel? Like maybe more of Mark and Trina's story or more of Thomas and Teresa before the Maze? Why do you think that Mark and Trina were Chuck's parents? Couldn't they have also maybe been Thomas' parents? I don't really know what clues you're referring to- I zoom through books that sometimes I don't catch those details :)

message 6: by Andrea (last edited Aug 31, 2012 08:30PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Andrea Jessica wrote: "I wonder why they would take that out of some copies, it just leaves people wondering. Now I'm going to go hunt that copy down! :D Do you think there will be another prequel? Like maybe more of Mar..."

On James Dashner's Twitter, he said The Kill Order was the last Maze Runner book. Forever. He literally said forever...or was it ever? Anyway, I don't know. He might change his mind later, but I wouldn't give it too much hope. Lol. Anyway, I thought Mark and Trina were Chuck's parents because I remember Chuck saying to Thomas, something like, find my mom. So I thought that was foreshadowing, but no. Ugh! And yeah, you're right! They could have been Thomas' parents. I just didn't think so because it took place thirteen years before TMR. So, Chuck being the youngest and all. Anyway, I am very upset they left that part out of most copies! Haha. So what did you think of this book? Did you like it as much as TMR Trilogy?!

Andrea Cassandra wrote: "Yes I was thinking that Mark and Trina were Chuck's parents and that Teresa was deedee as well. i think there were enough clues throughout the book to formulate that intention. Weird that they woul..."

Maybe that extra part will be online somewhere soon! :)

Jessica I don't want it to be the last one :( I still have questions that went unanswered. Like was Trina faking that she had lost her memory? I didn't quite understand that part because at the end it just says she kisses Mark. And I want to know what Mark and Trina did after. Like were they part or finding the cure, although I don't think they would since they just dropped off Deedee. And did Mark and Trina have the disease or were they immune? Oh man. But over all I did really like the book. When TMR series ended I was happy with it but now that they added this prequel now I feel like I want more. I think it did give a really good background as to how the world that created WICKED was before the maze. This one I think is sadder because you already know that the world is just going to get worse and you can't change that. There wasn't a lot of hope in this one where in TMR there was at least hope for the future.

message 9: by Alexandra (new) - added it

Alexandra I was totally thinking through the book that Deedee would be Thomass Mother. Since she was pass down her immune genes and such. Till the end when it was like "2 years later" and I realized Deedee was too young to be Thomas' mom.

Rebecca Mark and Trina die at the end of some people didn't catch that. Alec slammed then Berg into the building to ruin the FlatTrans so no one else could get through. Alec, Mark, and Trina all had the Flare but since it was adapting person to person at that point it took longer to effect them and in different ways.

I was really happy that DeeDee was Teresa to know that she was safe, but then I realized Teresa dies trying to escape WICKED, and now knowing all she's been through it was sad it had to end that way.

The extra part about Teresa being DeeDee is only in the Barnes & Noble copies, its all the way at the end behind the Acknowledgments.

Sadaf Deedee was Teresa?! No way....this makes the ending of The Death Cure so much more horrible :/

message 12: by Tess (new) - rated it 3 stars

Tess I actually had that thought that Deede was Terisa as soon as she came into the story.

message 13: by Seany (new)

Seany Nokes The only doubt I have that deedee is actually Teresa is that when I read the maze runner I remember her being around the age of 14-16. At the end of tko deedee is 5 and its 13 years later that tmr happens. However I'm going to Barnes and noble tomorrow just to check it out. Overall I was disappointed with tko. I wanted more of a background on wicked. Oh well.

Diane i was disappointed wit TKO also .. agree with seany ~ don't think deedee was theresa and wanted more info on wicked .. TMR trilogy was excellent and TKO was a let down.

message 15: by Erin (last edited Oct 27, 2012 06:29PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Erin **SPOILERS DO NOT READ IF YOU HAVE NOT READ THE BOOK**That would be impossible because all of them died at the end when Alec flew the berg into the building when they destroyed the flat trans. Mark and Trina were only around 16, or at least that's what age I imagined them as. Kids from either couples would be almost impossible.

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

Sadaf wrote: "Deedee was Teresa?! No way....this makes the ending of The Death Cure so much more horrible :/"

Wait.... what? she WAS Teresa? Do you know for sure? Are you 100% certain?

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

Seany wrote: "The only doubt I have that deedee is actually Teresa is that when I read the maze runner I remember her being around the age of 14-16. At the end of tko deedee is 5 and its 13 years later that tmr ..."

No, Mark keeps saying she can barely be four years old hello.

Savanna Rhodes I'm actually really mad they didn't put the extra chapter in all the copies. Because mine was lacking that section that would have bridged this book to rest of the Maze Runner series, I ended up giving a mediocre review of the book, and I sort of hated the ending. If Dashner had just released the same copy of the book, then maybe he'd be getting some better reviews. Honestly, I'm so upset with this right now

message 19: by Danielle (last edited Nov 26, 2012 02:24PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Danielle Mark and Trina couldn't have possibly had any children. Alec ended up crashing the Berg into both Mark and Trina while they were hugging...at the end of this book..

message 20: by Roar (new) - rated it 4 stars

Roar It's been a while since I read The Maze Runner, but did it say that Teresa had a scar on her arm like Deedee? It's a clue, but I didn't read the Barnes and Noble copy.

message 21: by Vee (new) - rated it 4 stars

Vee Gretzinger that book was so good! and yes the ending was really sad... i just... i justt....love all of the maze runner, and so many people say its stupid, but its not they are all amazing and i have the biggest crush on thomas. plus i love newt and minoe, they are #forevermylove

message 22: by [deleted user] (new)

No way they had kids, they're dead. Though the Deedee thing makes perfect sense now that I think about it. I knew she was important, though I never did wrap my head around that idea. I feel stupid for not figuring that out! It seems so obvious!

message 23: by Gaby (new) - rated it 3 stars

Gaby I did think Deedee was Teresa all through the book too. I was really mad when I finished this book because I thought it would answer all my questions, but I was wrong. I was also expecting the ending to at least confirm that Deedee was Teresa. When I finished it I actually thought that the author didn't say it because it was so obvious. I'm just really mad that we didn't get to see Thomas' past in this book since he refused to get his memory back in The Death Cure. I mean is it just me? And I know this doesn't have anything to do with this convo, but shouldn't Thomas have ended up with Teresa at the end of The Death Cure and not Brenda? I thought that was stupid too. This series had so much potential and the ideas are so good! It really upsets me that I didn't get more answers out of this book.

message 24: by [deleted user] (new)

Deedee was Teresa. James Dashner says so.

message 25: by [deleted user] (new)

Ugh... I heard it from other people?

Apparently in The Kill Order, if you got this copy from 'barnes and noble' whatever that is, the epiloge had more. Thomas meeting Teresa and she told him her name was Deedee. I don't have a link?

message 26: by [deleted user] (new)

Brenda wasn't a Glader. She just worked for WICKED. Her name was never changed??

Alexis DeeDee is definitely Teresa, I think.

message 28: by [deleted user] (new)

No she is. I'm 100% correct, she is.

Jessica I went into Barnes and Noble and read the extra scene. Its very short and at the end of the book for anyone who wants to do that as well. Deedee is Teresa. Its a scene where Thomas is getting recruited by Wicked and leaving his family because his dad was sick and his mom was going down soon. When he gets there he meets her and she tells him what her name use to be. :D I wish I had a link or that copy to scan but I just went into Barnes and Noble a few weeks ago to read it.

Stephanie I definitely assumed that Deedee was Teresa. I do wish all the copies had that extra scene though. I thought she had to be Teresa because Teresa was in the prologue so there had to be connection between her story and the main story in the Kill Order. Plus Deedee was "barely four" in Mark's estimation, and thirteen years later would make her roughly sixteen, seventeen. The extra scene would have been nice though, when I got to the end I was really hoping they'd confirm my guess but then they didn't. :(

But I think it does make the story really powerful. It explains why Teresa believes so much that WICKED is good. After everything she's been through and the people who died to save her, of course she would be willing to do anything to find a cure. Though I think it makes her death at the end of the Maze Runner trilogy even worse.

message 31: by [deleted user] (new)

Jessica wrote: "I went into Barnes and Noble and read the extra scene. Its very short and at the end of the book for anyone who wants to do that as well. Deedee is Teresa. Its a scene where Thomas is getting recru..."

What is barns and noble? is there any possibility at all that we could somehow read that extra scene, or is it just not possible without going there?

message 32: by Vee (new) - rated it 4 stars

Vee Gretzinger It's a bookstore em!

message 33: by [deleted user] (last edited Feb 11, 2013 09:07PM) (new)

Aw.... so I can't read the extra scene???? Massive broken heart right now

Jordan I loved this book. It took me a while to finish it, but I think the ending was really bad. I loved the characters Mark and Trina. I was upset to hear that they died. And then I was hoping the mother in the epilogue was DeeDee, but then it came to me that it was only two years later and it couldn't be her. So what book is after this one? The maze runner?

message 35: by [deleted user] (new)

This book is after the whole series, but set before the whole series, which is a bit confusing :/ ...

Jordan Okay, I see. Well I just might have to get the whole series. I enjoyed this book a lot, I hope the rest are just as good. Especially the endings.

message 37: by [deleted user] (new)

They're even better

Alivia I thought throughout the whole book that DeeDee was either going to be Teresa or Brenda, and I want to know for my self. To Barnes and Noble!

Cmarshall212 I got my book at Barnes and Noble and did not get the extra text in the epilogue, sad face.

Ariana no it would have been cool to have trina and mark as chuck peeps but they died... i mean no possible i wish they had that oprt in my copy wtf man not cool cant be leaving parts out. and i kind of knew that dee dee would become teresa

Shaney Is there anywhere online where I can read the extra epilogue chapter?

message 42: by [deleted user] (new)

Honestly, I thought that Mark and Trina were THOMAS'S parents. I remember from the TMR series that Thomas's dad had the Flare and his mom had it and was beginning to go crazy. Mark and Trina seemed to be at similar rates with the Flare and it all makes sense to me. I loved TMR and all the books in the series, but I wish Dashner had put the details back together at the end... :( I'm still really confused, but it helps to know the Deedee is Teresa to put together SOME details...

Stephen The Barnes and Nobles one that has the extra chapter has s yellow and black sticker on it that says something about extra content, "The Death Cure" also had a special edition that had the documents Mark found in "The Kill Order" about where the Flare came from, plus a few extra things, like a recording of two soldiers that were there to watch over the process. They were saying that the infected people weren't dying and instead were attacking them. "The Kill Order" extra content has stuff on Teresa, where you find out that her name used to be Deedee, and see the first time she meets Thomas.

message 44: by [deleted user] (new)

So there's no chance we can read it over the internet?

Cherie Deedee was Teresa. She even says so at the end when she's talking to Thomas.. She says "my name used to be deedee". Kind of obvious, I thought.

message 46: by [deleted user] (new)

But not in my copy, Cherie. The last scene is when Thomas is a little kid and he's with his mum and then he has to be taken away. We hear one of the men say, "you know who invented those right? I think we'll call this one Thomas" or something like that, and then it ends. There's no deedee/Teresa there's no nothing else.

message 47: by Lesteban (new)

Lesteban Møller Does anybody know where can I see the last chapter (where it says Teresa is Deedee) online? I'm not buying it because I already have it. Or at least could anybody tell me what is it about?

message 48: by [deleted user] (new)

Or better yet, write the whole damn chapter in this thread. I really want to see where she says that.

Nicole A lot of people are saying Deedee is Teresa. I really wanted her to be Brenda. That way she would have had a happier ending compared to Teresa.

If Deedee is Teresa it's kind of sadto know what would happen to her and it makes you think that all Mark, Trina, Alec and Lana did to save her... well you know what happens.

message 50: by [deleted user] (new)

Deedee IS Teresa

« previous 1 3

all discussions on this book | post a new topic

Books mentioned in this topic

The Kill Order (other topics)