Paranormal Romance & Urban Fantasy discussion

TV/Movies/Music > Rise of the Lycans

Comments Showing 1-29 of 29 (29 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by new_user (new)

new_user | 1389 comments So who saw the third Underworld movie? What did y'all think?

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

I DID!
SUPER AWESOME!!!

message 3: by new_user (last edited Mar 02, 2009 10:48PM) (new)

new_user | 1389 comments LOL. I didn't like it too much. I thought there was a little too much building towards the actual conflict (and action). It was a lot of setup, as if they just wanted to flesh out the story of the lycans that they told in the first movie. I liked the first two movies better because they told the story through the action.

message 4: by Kristen (new)

Kristen Harvey They also replaced the main girl... made me sad. Overall, it was fairly good though.. for a third movie. Better than Bloodrayne... most definitely.

Nichole (DirrtyH) (dirtyh) They didn't replace the main girl - it was a prequel. The main character was the dude's daughter, which explains why in the future he has a soft spot for Selene (Kate Beckinsale) - because she reminds him of his daughter.
(I don't remember names; I haven't actually seen the movie, but read a lot of press leading up to it.)

DarkHeart "Vehngeance" (darkheart) | 737 comments That is basically it, yes. This time around Rhona Mitra played the female lead - but it's a totally different character than Kate Beckinsale's.

I thought the movie was enjoyable. My biggest issue was with the wolf CG. I thought it looked quite fake a lot of the time. Not as good as the first film, but still entertaining.

message 7: by Pamela, Moderatrix (new)

Pamela (teacupfangirl) | 614 comments Mod
Yeah, they replaced the actress that played Sonia in the flashbacks from the first movie (and maybe the second? Been a while since I've watched it).

I haven't had a chance to see the third movie yet, but I probably will. I've kinda got a thing for Lucien. :D

message 8: by new_user (new)

new_user | 1389 comments Ach, the wolf CGI always bugged me. It was terrible, I was kind of hoping they would update the technology for the third movie, considering some profitable years have passed and the movie revolves around the weres, but not so, LOL. They look more like apes than wolves, LOL.

message 9: by Angela (new)

Angela (angbens) | 343 comments I loved this movie!

message 10: by Audrey (last edited Dec 30, 2009 07:40AM) (new)

Audrey Cook Kolbek (audreykol) I really liked it. I have enjoyed all the Underworld movies.

message 11: by Brenna (new)

Brenna Lyons (BrennaLyons) | 177 comments I wish they'd stayed true to what they did in the first movie, but it was excellent.

message 12: by [deleted user] (last edited Jan 08, 2010 09:32AM) (new)

I hope that they make another one, can't wait to see if they have a baby. :D

message 13: by Cassie (new)

Cassie (crimsonfeather) | 66 comments Marcos wrote: "I hope that they make another one, can't wait to see if they have a baby. :D"

See if who has a baby? In the first two, the story is that Sonia and her unborn child died. In the third, it was a prequel and she died at the end.

message 14: by Lisa (new)

Lisa I really like all of the Underwold movies. Out of all of them I think #2 is my least fav. I wish they would come out with a 4th one that picks up sometime after the 2nd one.

message 15: by Cassie (new)

Cassie (crimsonfeather) | 66 comments Lisa wrote: "I really like all of the Underwold movies. Out of all of them I think #2 is my least fav. I wish they would come out with a 4th one that picks up sometime after the 2nd one. "

I want them to make just one more movie. They need to. The people need to know what is going to happen to Selene and Michael.

message 16: by Lisa (new)

Lisa I agree Cassie. They are a new combined species and it is going to be a change for both the Vampires and Lycans. I want to see what happens next.

message 17: by MsBeaglely (new)

MsBeaglely | 118 comments I loved the 1st Underworld, liked Rise of the Lycans & hated the 2nd Underworld (can't remember the name). When I watched the 2nd one, I didn't follow what was happening but I didn't like it enough to go back & see what I missed. Perhaps if it comes on TV I'll re-watch it, but I won't put up the money to see it again.

message 18: by Ana (new)

Ana (anacnunes) Like Jen I liked this one better than the second movie, but I didn't hate it.
The Rise of the lycasn was a good movie and I can't wait to see more.

message 19: by Jmckee69 (new)

Jmckee69 (jmckeebookworm) | 29 comments Hi everyone, i am new to this group and i was wondering if anyone could tell me what this underworld movies are. I'm interested.

message 20: by Cassie (new)

Cassie (crimsonfeather) | 66 comments Jmckee69 wrote: "Hi everyone, i am new to this group and i was wondering if anyone could tell me what this underworld movies are. I'm interested. "

The movies are so awesome. I cannot believe you missed them! Anyway, they're about vampires v. lycans (werewolves). In between a blood feud, is a vampire named Selene and a newly turned lycan named Michael. These two have to team up to stop the war. There are many thing going on that were supposed to be kept quiet. The fights scenes are pretty good and the plot keeps a steady pace. It sounds boring but they are sooooooo good. If you watch them, I think you'll like 'em.

message 21: by Jmckee69 (new)

Jmckee69 (jmckeebookworm) | 29 comments Sounds great where do i find these movies, TV, DVD, movie theater? Sorry feel out of the loop.

message 22: by MsBeaglely (new)

MsBeaglely | 118 comments All three movies are now available on DVD.

message 23: by Tina (new)

Tina | 130 comments I just watched this movie last night. It was good. Seemed really short. The Lycans looked a little more scarier in this film then the previous.

message 24: by Cassie (new)

Cassie (crimsonfeather) | 66 comments I really like the 2nd movie. I love the part where S and M are going to see Tanus and he isn't afraid of S, but then M jumps through the window and almost chokes him to death.

message 25: by Marilyn (new)

Marilyn (lady2themax) | 109 comments I have watched them all too. Wonder if Michael Sheen is going to be in the 4th one and also Kate Beckinsale?

Lizz (Beer, Books and Boos) | 280 comments The first one was my fav

message 27: by Danielle (new)

Danielle (Smiley1881) I loved these movies.

message 28: by Laura (new)

Laura My husband and I absolutely love all three of the Underworld movies. We actually just watched the second one last night! I really didn't think I would like Rise of the Lycans, but I absolutely loved it! It may be my favorite of the three.

Does anyone watch The Gates? The woman who plays Victor's daughter in Rise of the Lycans is Claire in The Gates. I guess she's good at the vamp role! :-)

message 29: by LilaBird (new)

LilaBird | 52 comments Laura wrote: "Does anyone watch The Gates? The woman who plays Victor's daughter in Rise of the Lycans is Claire in The Gates. I guess she's good at the vamp role! :-)"

I love the Underworld movies too!! Her name is Rhona Mitra -- she's great. Did you know she used to be on Party of 5 back in the day?