I Love Young Adult Books discussion

Super Excited - Coming Soon

Comments Showing 1-50 of 80 (80 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Laura, YA enthusiast (new)

Laura (snorkle) | 27 comments Mod
What books are you anxiously waiting to come out? You've read all the rest of the books in the series and cannot wait to read the last one and find out what happens. Or, you've read everything by this author and are stoked that they've written another book. Post your thoughts here.

message 2: by Jourdan (new)

Jourdan I cannot wait for the next book in the Katie Weldon series to come out! I have to wait until June...or is it July? And there are about 4 books in February that I must read!

message 3: by Laura, YA enthusiast (last edited Feb 25, 2009 03:52AM) (new)

I am looking forward to:
the next 2 books after The Hunger Games
The books that Shannon Hale is releasing this year
Next two books in the Bloody Jack series
Starclimber by Kenneth Oppel (sequel to Airborn and Skybreaker)
and that is all that I can think of at the moment, though I know there are plenty more...

message 4: by Janeen-san (new)

Janeen-san  (misswannareadalot) | 432 comments I am looking foward to:

Skybreaker
Sunrise
The last Pendragon book (title unknown)
Swordmountain

I can't think of any more right now...

message 5: by Janeen-san (new)

Janeen-san  (misswannareadalot) | 432 comments hi

message 6: by Luann (new)

Luann (azbookgal) I can't wait for the sixth Ranger's Apprentice by John Flanagan to be released in the US! I know I could try to get an Australian version, but it costs too much. So I'm trying to be patient.

Ranger's Apprentice The Siege of Macindaw Book 6 by John Flanagan

message 7: by Janeen-san (new)

Janeen-san  (misswannareadalot) | 432 comments Hey, my brother read Ranger's Apprentice! I've read the first one. How did you do that link thing with the athother name?!

message 8: by Luann (new)

Luann (azbookgal) Do you see the "add book/author" link above the comment box? I used that. You can also add links to books and book covers - which is how I added the book cover (which is also a link) to the sixth Ranger's Apprentice.

message 9: by Janeen-san (last edited Feb 02, 2009 02:29PM) (new)

Janeen-san  (misswannareadalot) | 432 comments uh...how did you do the picture thing? I try ALL THE TIME, but all I get is this:

[image error]

What am I doing wrong?

message 10: by Luann (new)

Luann (azbookgal) An easy way to add a book cover and link to the GR book page is to use the "add book/author" link just above the comment box. Click on the link, type in the book title in the box that pops up (you might need to click on the "book" tab first), then click on "search." A list of search results will appear. Just click on "add" to insert a book link into your comment, or change the selection to "cover" at the bottom of the list, then click on "add" to add a book cover like this:

The Princess Bride  by William Goldman

message 11: by Luann (new)

Luann (azbookgal) You can add a link to an author GR page:

William Goldman

Or author photo (if there is one on the GR author page) by clicking on the "author" tab and following the same steps:

William Goldman

message 12: by Janeen-san (new)

Janeen-san  (misswannareadalot) | 432 comments ok, thanks! You are really helpful and nice!!!!!

message 13: by Janeen-san (new)

Janeen-san  (misswannareadalot) | 432 comments :)

message 14: by Luann (new)

Luann (azbookgal) Glad I could help.

message 15: by Janeen-san (new)

Janeen-san  (misswannareadalot) | 432 comments *blushes*
:D

message 16: by nancy (new)

nancy (The Ravenous Reader) (theravenousreader) There are so many books that I am eager for that it is going to be quite a list.
Hunted by PC and Kristin Cast (what is up with the red fledglings and Zoey and the gang?)
Blood Promise by Richelle Mead (omg Dimitri and Rose)
Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins (Katniss and Peeta)
Once Dead, Twice Shy by Kim Harrison
Prada and Predjudice by Mandy Hubbard
The Hallow by Jessica Verday
Strange Angels by Lili St. Crow
Fragile Eternity by Melissa Marr

message 17: by Janeen-san (new)

Janeen-san  (misswannareadalot) | 432 comments Suzanne Collins...did she write Princess Academy?

message 18: by nancy (new)

nancy (The Ravenous Reader) (theravenousreader) Shannon Hale wrote the Princess Academy.
Suzanne Collins wrote The Hunger Games, The Gregor series..

The Hunger Games was my favorite YA read for 2008. The book was brutally brilliant

message 19: by Janeen-san (new)

Janeen-san  (misswannareadalot) | 432 comments um, good. I read what it was about...um. Yeah, my friend read Princess Academy. I read a little, its was..odd.

message 20: by Luann (new)

Luann (azbookgal) I liked Princess Academy a lot, although my favorite by Shannon Hale is The Goose Girl.

message 21: by Janeen-san (new)

Janeen-san  (misswannareadalot) | 432 comments The Goose Girl...hmm. Sorry if I offened you by saying it was odd--I just got very, very, confused within 150 pages.

message 22: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie (stephaniepellegrin) | 9 comments I'm SO excited to read Cassandra Clare's new book, City of Glass from the Mortal Instruments series (City of Bones, City of Ashes). It comes out in March!!! I'm also excited to read Kristen Cashore's prequel to Graceling that comes out later this year I believe.

message 23: by Janeen-san (new)

Janeen-san  (misswannareadalot) | 432 comments ctiy of bones...sounds firmiliar.

message 24: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie (stephaniepellegrin) | 9 comments ♥Janeen-san♥ wrote: "ctiy of bones...sounds firmiliar."

It's SUPER good. Give it a read if you haven't already.

message 25: by Janeen-san (new)

Janeen-san  (misswannareadalot) | 432 comments Sure, ok! What is it about?

message 26: by Luann (new)

Luann (azbookgal) I wasn't offended. I just wanted to give a differing opinion on it. :) I really like Shannon Hale's books.

message 27: by Janeen-san (new)

Janeen-san  (misswannareadalot) | 432 comments That's good! ☻

message 28: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie (stephaniepellegrin) | 9 comments ♥Janeen-san♥ wrote: "Sure, ok! What is it about?"

This series has everything in it! Vampires, werewolves, demons... you name it! The main characters in the books are Shadowhunters aka demon hunters.

message 29: by Janeen-san (new)

Janeen-san  (misswannareadalot) | 432 comments Wow! Shadowhunters...What is the plot? What age group would you reccommend it for? (I'm 13.)

message 30: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie (stephaniepellegrin) | 9 comments ♥Janeen-san♥ wrote: "Wow! Shadowhunters...What is the plot? What age group would you reccommend it for? (I'm 13.)"

It's about a girl named Clary who longs to be different, then finds out she is. I don't want to give too much of the plot away! The characters in the book are 16 I believe. It should be good for your age group. :)

message 31: by Janeen-san (new)

Janeen-san  (misswannareadalot) | 432 comments Yay! That's good. Um, it doesn't have sex in it, does it? Becuase then my mom wouldn't let me read them... :L

message 32: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie (stephaniepellegrin) | 9 comments Nope. I think maybe two kissing scenes, but no sex. :)

message 33: by Janeen-san (new)

Janeen-san  (misswannareadalot) | 432 comments YAAAAAY! That is good! You are really nice! :)

message 34: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie (stephaniepellegrin) | 9 comments Aw thanks! It's been a while since I've read them, but they *may* have some curse words in them I think. Not sure how your mom feels about that. Just a heads up. ;)

message 35: by Janeen-san (new)

Janeen-san  (misswannareadalot) | 432 comments Ok, thanks!! I love people giving my book recommendtions! You are REALLY nice!!!!!!!!!!!!
I read your profile and you said you like YA books. I have a reccomdtion for you!!! :D

message 36: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie (stephaniepellegrin) | 9 comments Thanks! You're really nice too! And I love book recommendations anytime you have them! Feel free to post it here or message it to me.

message 37: by Janeen-san (new)

Janeen-san  (misswannareadalot) | 432 comments Ok! Well, there is this YA sereis me and my brother love, and it would be fun to tell you about it! We also made a group about the books, with a role-play and disscution area!
It would be fun if youi joined (we need more people) and it would be even MORE fun if you have already read the books! (or are planning to read them!)
Here is the first book in this super fun sereis!

http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/28...

...and here is the link to our group!

http://www.goodreads.com/group/show/1...

:)

message 38: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie (stephaniepellegrin) | 9 comments Oh I love Percy Jackson!!! :)

message 39: by Janeen-san (new)

Janeen-san  (misswannareadalot) | 432 comments Yay!! I'm glad! Have you read all the books up to number 4, The Battle of the Labyrinth? :)

message 40: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie (stephaniepellegrin) | 9 comments Yes I have! Waiting for The Last Olympian to come out in May!!! :)

message 41: by Janeen-san (new)

Janeen-san  (misswannareadalot) | 432 comments Me too!!!I loved that one! I own ALL of them!! Sorry, I guess that was really random and sorta rude...oops. :D
ITS COMING OUT IN MAY?! Oh. My. Gods.
WWWWWWWWWWWWWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't wait!!!!!!!
I wish Rick Riordan had a goodsreads...does he?

message 42: by Ashley (new)

Ashley | 18 comments i love those series!!!!!!!
o have read all of them!!!

message 43: by Janeen-san (new)

Janeen-san  (misswannareadalot) | 432 comments IIIIIIII LLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVVVVVVVVVVVVVEEEEEEEEEEEEE THHHHHHHHHHHEMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I DON'T KNOW WHICH ONE IS THE BEST!!!

message 44: by Ashley (new)

Ashley | 18 comments i dont like the second one i just did not like it but the rest r good the sea of monsters was hard for me to like
the first third and forth r hard for me to pick the best one!

message 45: by Janeen-san (new)

Janeen-san  (misswannareadalot) | 432 comments hi

message 46: by Laura, YA enthusiast (new)

Ah, the next Ally Carter book - I'd like to read that one as well!

message 47: by Janeen-san (new)

Janeen-san  (misswannareadalot) | 432 comments Me to!

message 48: by Ashley (new)

Ashley | 18 comments i cant wait till tenth grade Bleeds comes out

message 49: by Kendall Anne (new)

Kendall Anne (Dance4Life) i can't wait until Seekers Smoke Mountain comes out!!!!!!!

message 50: by Janeen-san (new)

Janeen-san  (misswannareadalot) | 432 comments I can't wait until Sword Mountain comes out!!!!

« previous 1