Teen Fantasy discussion

Looking for a new series..any suggestions?

Comments Showing 1-18 of 18 (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Haley (new)

Haley (glorywings00) | 88 comments I am looking more series'. Here are some of my faves. here, we can all post what some our faves are and so, along the way, we can all get ideas for ones we want to read!

Ok, I like:
Artemis Fowl (although its a little young)
Inkheart series
dragons in our midst
oracles of fire
inheritance cycle
door within
great tree of avalon
lost years of merlin
tamora pirce
and many more
i am not allowed to read harry potter, i am already trying to get my hands in twilight, because i know that is going to be suggested. I like magic, long books (like 4-7 hundred pages is great) death in books, moderate romance, but still clean (light swearing is tolerable, i guess, just no "other".)
SO, ANY HELP?

message 2: by Andy (new)

Andy not really... wait for my sister (Laurena) she'll be able to help.

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

Well these are some of my favourites.

Harry Potter
Heartland/ Chestnut Hill
Septimus Heap
Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants
The Chronicles of Narnia
The City of Ember
Winnie the Horse Gentler
Left Behind
The Saddle Club
The Series of Unfortunate Events

Most of my favs are either horse or Christian related. I love horses and I'm a Christian. But my moms great so she lets me read books like Harry Potter and I'm allowed to watch the movies too!! (I have all 5) I'm kinda obsessed with Harry Potter so yeah!!

message 4: by Haley (new)

Haley (glorywings00) | 88 comments Yeah, i am a Chrstian too, and thats why im not allowed to read or watch Harry Potter. But i dont really care anymore about that. I tried reading the kids left behind and the adult ones but one both I only got about 1/2 way through the series.

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

Yeah my mom has always been understanding!! I've been into Harry Potter since I was 9 so then mom wasn't really worried but now that I'm older she just wants me to relise that wanting to do magic like the whole talking to ghosts thing and stuff like that is wrong.

message 6: by Haley (new)

Haley (glorywings00) | 88 comments well, yeah, it always good to avoid all that stuff... (no duh)

message 7: by Laurena (new)

Laurena | 63 comments Mod
These are my favourites, I'm not sure if they will help though...:

Pendragon by DJ McHale
Twilight by Stephenie Meyer
Harry Potter by JK Rowling
Gemma Doyle trilogy by Libba Bray
The House of Night by PC Cast and Kristen Cast
Leven Thumps by Obert Skye
Septimus Heap by Angie Sage
Wicked by Nancy Holder and Debbie Vigue
A Series of Unfortunate Events by Lemony Snicket

I am reading the Eragon books, Percy Jackson and the Olympians. And I am thinking of reading the vampire academy but I'm not sure. And the City of Ember. Are they any good?
I would like to read the Vampire Diaries.

message 8: by Haley (new)

Haley (glorywings00) | 88 comments i just watched the city of ember movie and i read the first series of events book but i found them a little too silly for my taste. good suggestions though, thx

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

I've read the first two city of Ember books and I personally liked them but that's just me!! Haven't seen the movie yet though.

message 10: by Haley (new)

Haley (glorywings00) | 88 comments oh, its really good actually. the soundtrack is super-addictive and beautiful.

message 11: by Annie (new)

Annie I liked the first City of Ember book, but the second one lost my attention. I'll have to try reading it again sometime.

message 12: by Haley (new)

Haley (glorywings00) | 88 comments Cool. I didn't know u read Ember Annie.

message 13: by Annie (new)

Annie Yep. Our teacher read it to us in 5th grade, then I read it again.

message 14: by Haley (new)

Haley (glorywings00) | 88 comments cool.

message 15: by ♫Krista♫ (new)

♫Krista♫ (kristabobista) The Ingo series is really good, I loved it! But only the first 2 books in the series are in the states.

message 16: by ♫Krista♫ (new)

♫Krista♫ (kristabobista) which book?

message 17: by Haley (new)

Haley (glorywings00) | 88 comments ya, which one?

message 18: by Sakureiru (new)

Sakureiru | 28 comments i like AF series too *high five to Haley*!!
i wonder they will publish midnight sun or not...hmmm....