Tips for Self Promotion, Sales, and Advertising discussion

Help! I need some feedback please

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Trina (new)

Trina Sonnenberg (tlcpro) | 19 comments Synopsis:

This is a story about first love; true love, and how true love lasts the test of time.

Forever and Always… A True Love Story, begins in 1979, in the mid-western United States. It is based on actual events; a chronicle of Trampus and Trii’s love at first sight romance that would wait more than 15 years to be realized. The story is told from Trii’s point of view.

The lovers first meet as teenagers. As teens they go through many challenging experiences that always seem to bring them closer together, yet further apart.

Trii, in her desire to be closer to Trampus, puts herself in difficult situations, ultimately sending her in the wrong direction. She runs away from home to be locked up with him in the detention center, only to end up living out in the country with her grandparents.

While living with her grandparents, she experiences attempted sexual abuse and flees. This sends her back to where she came from, which allows her to locate her beloved.

Once she’s tracked him down, she runs away again to be with him, but an unplanned pregnancy would separate them yet again. These two spend a total of 17 years apart, dealing with their own personal struggles, (bad marriages, domestic abuse, children, etc...) to be reunited and separated, time and again, until at last, the stars become aligned for them, and they can be together, forever and always.

Be witness to how these two have gone to different schools together. Share their graduation day. Experience true love through the eyes of a girl, as she becomes a woman.

message 2: by Robert (new)

Robert | 34 comments Trina
Take what you have written above and say it in 25 words or less.
Robert

message 3: by Trina (new)

Trina Sonnenberg (tlcpro) | 19 comments Yikes! How do I do that?

message 4: by Todd Fonseca (new)

Todd Fonseca | 489 comments Robert,
Wow - 25 words or less. That's tough.

How about:
"Based on actual events, Forever and Always, chronicles the sometimes tragic yet ultimately beautiful 15-year epic romance of star crossed lovers Trampus and Trii."

message 5: by Trina (new)

Trina Sonnenberg (tlcpro) | 19 comments Hey Robert, that's awesome! Thank you.

message 6: by Trina (new)

Trina Sonnenberg (tlcpro) | 19 comments A slight adjustment though...
"Based on actual events, Forever and Always, chronicles the sometimes tragic yet ultimately beautiful 30-year epic romance of star crossed lovers Trampus and Trii."
Can you see it?
;-)

message 7: by Trina (new)

Trina Sonnenberg (tlcpro) | 19 comments If anyone would like to read my manuscript, to help me make sure it's worth submission, send me your email address, and I will send you a PDF copy.
Thanx!

message 8: by Robert (new)

Robert | 34 comments Trina:

Thank Todd for the 25 word exercise.

WHY 25 words or less?

It is good discipline and a great way to focus on what you're writing.

Also, it is the "industry" standard, how every writing course or workshop will ask you to describe your manuscript. (I run the Palm Beach Writers Group in Florida).
If you can not describe your ms in 25 words or less then you don't know what your ms is about and if you don't know then no one else will or want to know.
You'll be surprised at how many superfluous words have worked their way into your description.
The 25 word "rule", or better ruler, comes in handy when querying brick and mortar publishing houses. Plus, it's a literary agent's guideline especially for email queries. Much longer intros are often deleted.
All queries should be one page only.

Of course, if you're self-published then who cares.

Robert

http://www.RobertMykle.com

message 9: by Todd Fonseca (new)

Todd Fonseca | 489 comments Robert,
Great advice.

Trina,
I'd be willing to read it. However, I've got about 5 books I've got lined up to review for other authors so it would be a few weeks. If you are still interested, send me a pm.

T

message 10: by Trina (new)

Trina Sonnenberg (tlcpro) | 19 comments I really appreciate you guys. You have no idea how much help you've been. I am new to this, as my last book was self-published. :-(

message 11: by Todd Fonseca (new)

Todd Fonseca | 489 comments Always willing to help! We all learn a lot from one another!

message 12: by Trina (new)

Trina Sonnenberg (tlcpro) | 19 comments I gave my manuscript to our fifth grade teacher, a friend of mine, and she loved it! If anyone would like a PDF copy to read for me, please send me your personal email address and I'll send you a copy.