Terminalcoffee discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Feeling Nostalgic? The archives > Pay Cap Proposed for Wall Street "Idiots"

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments Somebody else's words, not mine!

http://www.cnn.com/2009/POLITICS/01/3...

Why, why, why would someone think those bonuses were ok?

Jackie "the Librarian" | 8993 comments Heh. Yeah, living off the taxpayers dime is a whole different world - suddenly, everyone wants to know what you're doing with that money.

Don't even THINK of stopping at that cute little yarn store on the way back from a adminstrative visit to a library branch, not if you're driving the library car. Because if you do, some taxpayer will notice and call to complain to your bosses, and maybe write a letter to the editor. It's happened, though not to me.

message 3: by Matt (new)

Matt | 819 comments I like what i'm hearing, but 400K??? I say for the next few months cap these bastards at $6.75/hr. They will be given an employee badge to clock in/out with, and if they lose that a $4 replacement fee will be taken out of their check for each incident...

message 4: by shellyindallas (last edited Jan 30, 2009 01:00PM) (new)

shellyindallas Former New York Mayor Rudy Giuliani on Friday defended corporate bonuses, saying that cutting them also means slashing jobs in the Big Apple.

"If you somehow take that bonus out of the economy, it really will create unemployment," he said on CNN's "American Morning." "It means less spending in restaurants, less spending in department stores, so everything has an impact."

Talk about an idiot! The mega-rich need their bonuses so they can continue to eat out and shop thereby rescuing our economy? And, as the article points out, Citibank was going to spend a portion of their winnings earnings free tax-payer money on a new corporate jet.

It's sickening.

message 5: by Heidi (new)

Heidi (heidihooo) | 10825 comments I'm glad McCaskill is proposing this bill. I like your plan even better, though, tadpole.

Guiliani is an idiot.

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

I would hope they were spending their bonuses, they wouldn't be stupid enough to invest with themselves would they? ;-D

message 7: by RandomAnthony (last edited Jan 30, 2009 01:13PM) (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments How did they know the car belonged to the library? That's really weird, Jacks. That's an entirely different story.

My neighbor works for the city, and he has to be very careful not to use city equipment for anything but city work. I would have never thought of that.

message 8: by Heidi (last edited Jan 30, 2009 01:28PM) (new)

Heidi (heidihooo) | 10825 comments If the license plate said "state government" on it, they keep a database of the licenseplate #'s... someone could've written down the plate # and reported it to a state government office.

Besides, all that stuff is supposed to be public knowledge (and accessible in the state library) - anyone could look it up. If you wanted to know how much your professor friend from the state college is making, it's there - you just have to know where to look. :)

Jackie "the Librarian" | 8993 comments They would know it was a library car because they are white cars with the library logo plastered all over both sides, RA.

message 10: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments You need to get better cars.

Jackie "the Librarian" | 8993 comments Tell it to the taxpayers!

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.