Terminalcoffee discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.

Comments Showing 1-19 of 19 (19 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sally, la reina (new)

Sally (mrsnolte) | 17320 comments Mod
I discovered after class today that my fly had been down all morning. In front of both of my morning classes. Great.

At least it injects a bit of brevity into everyone's day.

Dammit!

message 2: by Matt (new)

Matt | 819 comments Do you use a podium or anything like that where it might not have been noticeable?

message 3: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments Did anyone say anything? Heh. I always find myself doing the "turn to the screen and covertly checking my fly" move at least a couple times a session.

Was the fly WAY down, if you know what I mean?

I once almost wore a shirt inside out to the first class of the semester. I discovered the error about two minutes before the session started. Whew.

message 4: by Sally, la reina (new)

Funny you say that RA, I had to flip my sweater right side out in the ladies room yesterday. It was a cable knit so not immediately noticeable, but the arm seams clued me in once my coffee had kicked in.

Today, however, nothing clued me in. Not a draft, a momentary thought to check, nothing. And no, I'm not standing behind a podium for all of class (I do have a smart room so I have to stand behind a console to run the doc cam and my laptop) but I make it a point to move around, walk in front of the table and the podium and keep moving. So I'm sure they all saw my barn door flapping open. Nice pink panties today too.

Jeezus - Of all days! I was observed today by a colleague, one of my supervisors. Thankfully he was in the back row so he probably didn't see the pink. But still.

message 5: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments I pace everywhere while teaching. The students who try to follow me with their eyes are screwed, as I'm often behind them.

I wonder if any of the students noticed. Maybe they weren't looking, you know, at that.

message 6: by Matt (new)

Matt | 819 comments How can they call that a "smart" room if it can't even detect that and send a discrete "your fly's undone" text message to the instructor?

Seriously, though, hope your day gets better!

message 7: by Gus (new)

Gus Sanchez (gussanchez) The better news is that you don't have a penis. And it wasn't erect.

Good news, though.

message 8: by RandomAnthony (last edited Jan 30, 2009 09:32AM) (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments Gus has a point. Could be worse. Yay for you being a woman!

message 9: by Gus (new)

Gus Sanchez (gussanchez) I'm always good for looking at the bright side of a bad scenario. If you've got the flu, I'll tell you, "at least it's not Ebola."

message 10: by Sally, la reina (new)

Yes, if I was a man I wouldn't have had the same flat pant front so it probably would have been bulging more. *hopefully not that much.

I wish there were something on the console that would do a full scan of me and alert: beep! flash! green stuff in your teeth! ! beep! skirt tucked into pantyhose! !blink!

Jackie "the Librarian" | 8993 comments One of your students should have TOLD you, Sally. Passed you a note, or something!

message 12: by Heidi (last edited Jan 30, 2009 01:31PM) (new)

Heidi (heidihooo) | 10825 comments I doubt it'll affect your credibility, Sally.

I walked around with my skirt tucked up in my underwear at work for the first half of the day a couple of weeks ago.

I discovered it when I was standing outside my car talking to my boss, and some guy was staring while he drove by. I yelled, "TAKE A PICTURE! IT'LL LAST LONGER!!!"

My boss didn't even notice my skirt was tucked in my panties. I know this because he would've made fun of me if he did notice.

message 13: by Sally, la reina (new)

Ha!

message 14: by Heidi (last edited Jan 30, 2009 11:53AM) (new)

Heidi (heidihooo) | 10825 comments "Ha" like you doubt he didn't notice or "ha" like that's funny or "ha" sarcasm? Or to something else all together?

message 15: by Mike (new)

Mike (MJMorgan) | 38 comments Whenever I see someone who has something like a fly open I never know what to say, especialy when it is a female. I think it is because of the assumption that I must be staring at that region to notice. I know that is just in my head but I feel there is too much behind it to say anything. I would of course tell my wife, but any other lady is out of the question..but then again depending on the lady I may want to stare...see where such problems take me?

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

I just say the cattle are getting out of the barn, they usually get it, not that it happens very often though.

message 17: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments I think it is because of the assumption that I must be staring at that region to notice.

Heh. That's hilarious.

I'm not sure what someone could say, either, but I'm not full of social graces, no doubt, so I'd probably just stay quiet.

message 18: by Sally, la reina (new)

Well, as long as I'm not the one to broach the subject. I wore a very low cut shirt today, with a blazer on top and a necklace that kind of dangles in the nether region between the ladies. If you know what I mean. It seemed perfectly fine when I got dressed in my half still sleeping state, and so I was completely consumed with thoughts of my boobies the whole class (are they seeing too much, wait, don't lean over, where are they looking) when INSTEAD I Should have been worried about my pants!

message 19: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) I got nothin'. ::imagination working overtime::

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.