Jane Austen discussion

General Discussion > Pride and Prejudice and Zombies

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Liz (new)

Liz (vorlizzie) | 2 comments http://www.chroniclebooks.com/index/m...

Has anyone else heard about this? It's apparently coming out in a few months. In the words of one of my friends, "Who woke up one morning and thought 'Wow, I know what the world needs, Pride and Prejudice with Zombies?'"

message 2: by SarahC, Austen Votary & Mods' Asst. (new)

SarahC (SarahCarmack) | 1473 comments Mod
Sounds like an ultimate in parodies. Love Jane Austen, but I am not much into zombies.

message 3: by Darcy (new)

Darcy What a fantastic mix--incredibly polite upper-class Regency families and zombies. Really, you can't go wrong.

message 4: by Bonnie (new)

Bonnie | 2 comments My friend just showed me this and I came here to see if anyone else had heard of it. I...I don't know how to feel.

message 5: by Luiza (last edited Feb 01, 2009 10:54AM) (new)

Luiza | 6 comments Whoa... I think I'm equally torn between apprehension and curiosity...

message 6: by Shannon (new)

Shannon Whitesell | 2 comments yes, apprehension and curiosity completely summarizes the conflict. it seems like it could be wholly entertaining, but it just seems so.... blasphemous? not really sure, but i will definitely have to check it out at some point.

message 7: by Jessica (new)

Jessica Vogtman (jessica_vogtman) | 10 comments Have to admit... I'm appalled.

message 8: by Dusty (new)

Dusty Folds (dofolds) Oh, where is your sense of adventure? I think this will be quite interesting. I'm not really much of a zombie person, but I think it is going to be amazing to see Elizabeth kick some zombie butt! Here is some further information about the book.

http://entertainment.timesonline.co.u...

Also, this was an answer to the Bluff the Listener game on Wait! Wait! Don't Tell Me on NPR a couple of weeks ago.

message 9: by Vanda Dien (new)

Vanda Dien | 12 comments sounds like a cosmic catastrophe to me!