Terminalcoffee discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Mike (new)

Mike (MJMorgan) | 38 comments This bit of reality TV is one of my few pleasures in regards to programming. I love watching Chef Ramsay dig into these supposed "chefs".

It kicked off season 4 last night, and did not disappoint. Though I did not catch the last bit of it due to children issues, I can tell it is going to be the best season yet.

message 2: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments I should watch this sometime.

I like some of the food shows on the travel channel. I dig Anthony Bourdain a lot, and I like Bizarre Foods as well.

message 3: by Mike (new)

Mike (MJMorgan) | 38 comments Bourdain is fun. Top Chef of bravo is awesome as well.

But nobody is better than Ramsay! Brittish people that cuss alot make me laugh. He is however considered by many to be the worlds top chef, so he knows his stuff.

message 4: by Gus (new)

Gus Sanchez (gussanchez) He's not quite the world's top chef, but he's up there.

What I admire most about Chef Ramsey is his passion and commitment. He demands the same from everyone he works with. Either you're committed 1,000%, or get the fuck out.

My nerd dream is for Ramsey and Anthony Bourdain to do a show together. The F-bombs dripping out of their mouths would make the show completely watchable.

message 5: by Mike (new)

Mike (MJMorgan) | 38 comments That would be interesting indeed. I do not however think the two would get along. Bourdain is almost too laid back for the intensity of Ramsey. Then again that conflict may enhance a program.

Bourdain does a lot of guest judging on Top Chef as well. The contestants always hate it when he shows up because with his amazing tastes for anything and everything, they have a big struggle to make a dish that even gets a reaction out of him.

message 6: by Gus (new)

Gus Sanchez (gussanchez) Actually, I think they would get along very well. Bourdain's laid-back style and Ramsey's intensity would counterbalance one another. They both share similar passions for food and food preparation. Plus, both men don't suffer fools gladly.

message 7: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments Anybody see the Bourdain where he visits Ted Nugent? If Bourdain can get along with Ted Nugent, he can get along with anybody...

message 8: by Sally, la reina (new)

Sally (mrsnolte) | 17320 comments Mod
I haven't seen as much Bourdain as you guys have - but I have seen Hells Kitchen a few times. I love to see all these chefs trying to work under the ultimate a-hole chef. Oh, man! Because you just know that some of them are a typical a-hole chef in their own kitchens ... hesh. There are lots of chefs I've worked under in my time in the restaurant business who I'd love to see on that show.

message 9: by Mike (new)

Mike (MJMorgan) | 38 comments I am also a fan of Ramseys Kitchen Nightmares. He really shows his abilities to operate on that one. My favorite episodes are those in which he actual puts his own talents on display to teach a lesson to the chefs. He is impressive. He has almost inspired me to go into culinary schooling. The big draw back is, I do not enjoy a lot of high end foods and such.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.