Glens Falls (NY) Online Book Discussion Group discussion

What are U doing today? > Friday, Jan. 30, 2009 - What are U doing today?

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Joy H., Group Founder (new)

Joy H. (joyofglensfalls) | 16697 comments Today I may start putting our Christmas decorations away. I've been enjoying them all of January, especially with all the snow outside. But now I must start getting ready for Valentine's Day.
Photobucket

message 2: by Jim (new)

Jim (jimmaclachlan) | 6324 comments I'm in to work briefly today, been out since Tuesday as we got killed with an ice/snowstorm. No power or phone & our house is electric. Keeping warm & getting 5 dogs & 4 horses taken care of has been eating me alive. Then I got a 24 hour stomach bug in the midst of it. They don't expect to restore power for another 7 - 10 days. Ugh!!!

I haven't slept more than 3 hours at a stretch since this started about midnight Monday/Tuesday. I'm whacked. We're supposed to get another storm Monday, but hopefully it will get above freezing on Sunday.

They closed Murray college, so my daughter is going to try to make it home today. No gas in the area & the parkway has been closed since Tuesday. Luckily, she's been staying with a friend whose parents have a woodstove, so she's been warm.

It was mostly freezing rain that alternated with snow. The snow has helped. We have grass stems that are as big as my thumb due to the ice build up. Power lines are down all over & while getting Amber the other day, I crossed over at least 6 phone lines down across the road, so they can't even plow. I had to close off the north field as the phone line that crosses it is down almost to the ground. It's normally 11' at its lowest & 1/4" in diameter. I can barely get my hand around it now due to the ice buildup.

Anyway, don't expect to hear much from me until sometime next week.

message 3: by Joy H., Group Founder (new)

Joy H. (joyofglensfalls) | 16697 comments OMG, Jim! I just now saw the news about the ice in KY. That's awful! I wondered about you and then I saw the above post by you. Glad you let us know. I was worried when we didn't hear from you. Now I'm still worried. Hope you'll get through this OK. Take care.

Glens Falls (NY) Online Book Discussion Group

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Power Lines (other topics)