I Write, Therefore, I Live discussion

NEW MANAGEMENT?

Comments Showing 1-50 of 113 (113 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by jeeves..., shiniest of all the mods. (new)

jeeves... | 269 comments Mod
Right, Paige has left the group due to it's overall dead-ness, and I intend to do the same, so- If anyone would like to take over as mod and try to revive the group, they can certainly try. Just let me know here, and I'll make you mod. If nobody wants to, I'll probably just disband the group.

*all rights reserved. your results may vary. many will enter, none will win. thank you for dying with southwest airlines, and have a pleasant columbus day.*

love, the management.

haha...

message 2: by jeeves..., shiniest of all the mods. (new)

....aaaaanybuddyz? hmm...

message 3: by jeeves..., shiniest of all the mods. (new)

otay, i'm not gonna disband, at least not right away, but if anybody wants to be a mod also, let me know here... i'ma try and get the group up and.. well, living, again...

message 4: by Arthur, Mod! discussion mod privilege (new)

Arthur | 80 comments Mod
I'm a guy. I do as little work on the computer as possible so I'm not on it 24/7. I like to go out to the TV for a few hours a week at least. I read constantly when I'm not. What would a co-mod need to do? I'm not so good at the Game area! I can laugh at the games but I suck playing at all. lol

message 5: by jeeves..., shiniest of all the mods. (new)

hey arthur!
um, i don't know anything specific to do >.<
i was kinda the most useless co-mod in the history of mods, and like, paige was the real mod, but the group was dead, so she left... therefore, i have no idea. i was hoping somebody could tell me exactly what a co-mod should do, argh haha... >_<

message 6: by Arthur, Mod! discussion mod privilege (new)

Arthur | 80 comments Mod
Apparently a moderator answers every question on someone's mind and point them in the right direction. Add/delete topics/posts. What was the idea ' Paige aka Tink ' had when creating this group? Maybe as a interesting friend group with games. I found the games funny. But like I said I'm not good at games.
What kinds of things do you find interesting in this group?
Besides, I noticed that all groups fall in interest from members after a while. But a lot of Goodreads have fallen recently too in the new made groups. I think there is a chance to have a less active group that can have a real chance to survive while being interesting for anyone. Just posting topics alone give people something to read and gets them to think what to say. Few are interested because they don't want to respond immediately but that's what they get told to do. It's requiring a reply again. Bothersome. Freedom of expression, of ideas and freedom!

message 7: by jeeves..., shiniest of all the mods. (new)

wow, you understand this better than i do.. you want me to add you as a mod then? you don't have to, just wondering...
and, she intended to make this a writing group,with some random stuff like games, but it went more toward the games, and less the writing

message 8: by Arthur, Mod! discussion mod privilege (new)

Arthur | 80 comments Mod
You can be the head mod. I'll work under your shadow.

message 9: by jeeves..., shiniest of all the mods. (new)

haha, okay then... i'll try to figure out how to add you then :D

message 10: by Arthur, Mod! discussion mod privilege (new)

Arthur | 80 comments Mod
That's ok, you did!

message 11: by jeeves..., shiniest of all the mods. (new)

haha, yup!

message 12: by Arthur, Mod! discussion mod privilege (new)

Arthur | 80 comments Mod
I was about to suggest we do a topic where we interview a member every month from Write in 2009 the Writer of the Month winner. Let’s check with Kenzie about it. With you in the mod position, and you are doing fine we could get a topic discussion going.
It’s a odd connection but that Paige, aka Tink was January’s winner. Next month they have another winner to interview. What do you think? I’ll ask both to participate with the fact that the winner will get more readers to view their writing.

message 13: by jeeves..., shiniest of all the mods. (new)

sounds cool! i gotta go now though, but i'll be back on tomorrow or the day after, so cool.

message 14: by Arthur, Mod! discussion mod privilege (new)

Arthur | 80 comments Mod
I'll sent the proposal to Kenzie in a message then if she passes it then ok. w/e. We will see.

message 15: by Roni (new)

Roni (v_a_b) I think that it doesn't depend on us, it depends on the winner. If the winner wants to do it, then go ahead! But if the winner doesn't want to, then just leave them alone after they say no. :D

message 16: by Arthur, Mod! discussion mod privilege (new)

Arthur | 80 comments Mod
veRONIca wrote: "I think that it doesn't depend on us, it depends on the winner. If the winner wants to do it, then go ahead! But if the winner doesn't want to, then just leave them alone after they say no. :D"

My thoughts too exactly. Well, it will give both groups and other group members just visiting a chance to hear a few hidden meanings.

message 17: by Arthur, Mod! discussion mod privilege (new)

Arthur | 80 comments Mod
And thanks too Veronica!

message 18: by T.O.L.I. (new)

T.O.L.I. (Taleoflostink) *D

message 19: by [deleted user] (new)

Ill do it...

message 20: by Anuhea (new)

Anuhea (jellybeanstripe) How in the world can a group die?

Wait, I can answer that question myself...I think. Is it that tons of people joined, and then never did anything to participate in this group? I think this group is pretty unique...

Can anyone tell me if I answered this question correctly??

message 21: by Roni (new)

Roni (v_a_b) Well, it's more that other writing groups were created. :) And so the members joined the other ones, and didn't have time for this one anymore, so they stopped posting in it.

message 22: by Arthur, Mod! discussion mod privilege (new)

Arthur | 80 comments Mod
Anuhea wrote: "I think this group is pretty unique...

Can anyone tell me if I answered this question correctly??"

Awe, awesome perspective.
A dieing group isn't going to make a creative point is it? At the same time there's something needed to give back to other groups.

message 23: by Anuhea (new)

Anuhea (jellybeanstripe) Veronica. Veronica B! wrote: "Well, it's more that other writing groups were created. :) And so the members joined the other ones, and didn't have time for this one anymore, so they stopped posting in it. "

I honestly got confused after you said "Well".

message 24: by Anuhea (new)

Anuhea (jellybeanstripe) Arthur wrote: "Anuhea wrote: "I think this group is pretty unique...

Can anyone tell me if I answered this question correctly??"

Awe, awesome perspective.
A dieing group isn't going to make a creative po..."

*cough, cough* Dying. Anyway, you were saying......
I am a person that can get confused if you get too complicated. Can you say that in an easier way to understand please?

message 25: by Roni (new)

Roni (v_a_b) What I was saying was that this group is dying because the members have joined other groups that have to do with writing. Then all of the members have too many groups, so they stop posting in the old ones. The old groups die. This group has become an old group.

message 26: by Arthur, Mod! discussion mod privilege (new)

Arthur | 80 comments Mod
Definitely something's considered old when unused. But that isn't the rule.

message 27: by Anuhea (new)

Anuhea (jellybeanstripe) Hmph. Doesn't seem like it's old. So, basically everyone joined Write In 2009 or a group like that, so this died? I kind of confused.

message 28: by jeeves..., shiniest of all the mods. (new)

basically, yeah. it's a few months old, for sure.... and yeah, there wasn't much purpose for this group, and everybody joined a bunch of meaningful ones, and this one was abandoned and forgotten.... :D

message 29: by Anuhea (new)

Anuhea (jellybeanstripe) I joined this group 04/05/09, and today is 04/08/09. This group is only 3 days old for me. But there's also still some people that come to this group.

message 30: by Roni (new)

Roni (v_a_b) Like mmmmmmmmmeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

message 31: by Anuhea (new)

Anuhea (jellybeanstripe) Haha, yeah.

message 32: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (djinni) yeah. I invited a bunch of people.

All new group! :)

message 33: by Anuhea (new)

Anuhea (jellybeanstripe) Really? That's good :)

message 34: by Carole, bluest mod (new)

Carole B (caroleaburkett) | 138 comments Mod
I did too, as you know, Anuhea. And I'm glad I did, I know you better now.

message 35: by Anuhea (new)

Anuhea (jellybeanstripe) I still don't really know you though. Except maybe that you like Converse.

message 36: by Carole, bluest mod (new)

Haha, yeah, guess I don't comment as much as I should.
Well, I like to write.
And I set all the Word toolbars to the bottom when I type my stories.
And I like to talk to myself.
And blog. Blogging is cool. I think my blog address is on my profile.

message 37: by Anuhea (new)

Anuhea (jellybeanstripe) Okay. I shall go look! After I see if Lauren found my hiding place.

message 38: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (djinni) *watching you secretly*

message 39: by Anuhea (new)

Anuhea (jellybeanstripe) *turns invisible*

*Sucks on orange Popsicle* It's kinda hot right now. I'm still in my PJs. I think I should go change. It's already 4:06. I will change my identity so Lauren won't find me.
I will have to make sure to keep jellybeans with me at all times. Never know when I'll need them.

message 40: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (djinni) Hot? I hate you. Still jeans and jackets here.

message 41: by Anuhea (new)

Anuhea (jellybeanstripe) It's 85F right now in Florida. Tomorrow it's going to get hotter :(

message 42: by Carole, bluest mod (new)

Wow, Anuhea. That's hot.

message 43: by Anuhea (new)

Anuhea (jellybeanstripe) Yeah. I don't know why I'm still wearing socks!

message 44: by Carole, bluest mod (new)

Because socs are AWESOMEST!!! :P

message 45: by Anuhea (new)

Anuhea (jellybeanstripe) Socks are awesome!
I finally found someone that actually thinks that too! Woo hoo!
It's so hot though. I have an eyelash in my eye. I have to go. Emergency!
Bye!

message 46: by Roni (new)

Roni (v_a_b) I like fuzzy socks. They keep my feet warm when it's cold. :)

message 47: by Carole, bluest mod (new)

Fuzzy socks! Yesh. :)

message 48: by Anuhea (new)

Anuhea (jellybeanstripe) I have one pair of fuzzy socks. The rest are striped or just white.

message 49: by Carole, bluest mod (new)

My faves are my reindeer socs. I likes them.

message 50: by Anuhea (new)

Anuhea (jellybeanstripe) Haha. I have a pair of socks with a huge cat face. The cat has heart sunglasses on or something. I got it for Valentine's Day. I can't remember where though...
...maybe at the place my mom goes to exercise.

« previous 1 3