The Obama vs. McCain group! discussion

77 views
PALIN DEBATE

Comments Showing 1-50 of 368 (368 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8

message 1: by Sarah jean (new)

Sarah jean  blank (Sarahjean) | 299 comments http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalrad...

please- this is all true to my knlodge much more reasonable.

it was a human mistake- just like the one time obama acedently said 57 states.

Honestly, mistakes happen it doesnt mean shes dumb.


message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

She's not dumb! I just think she wouldn't be a good vice president.


message 3: by Kathleen (new)

Kathleen | 243 comments Is Biden any better?


message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

um... YES


message 5: by Kathleen (new)

Kathleen | 243 comments How?


message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

he's not as stupid.



message 7: by Kathleen (new)

Kathleen | 243 comments That's not a very credible answer...at all...


message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

I know, but he truly isn't stupid like Palin is!


message 9: by Sarah jean (new)

Sarah jean  blank (Sarahjean) | 299 comments how is palin stupid?


message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUH!


message 11: by Sarah jean (new)

Sarah jean  blank (Sarahjean) | 299 comments tell me why.


message 12: by Kathleen (new)

Kathleen | 243 comments Who are you to say who is smarter? I mean, Biden is a very rude man! I think that when Palin made a little mistake about one little thing that isn't even very significant in US politics, it's not right to put her down for that. Biden may have more experience in being a slimy politician but Palin has more sense when it comes to the right things...for this country as well as morally. Why is that so hard for you to see?

Oh, and what do you say about Obama's new plan for a slimmed-down version of Gun Control? Now what does that remind me of? Oh yes. Adolf Hitler and every other communist and dictator. Before you can control the people you must take away their freedoms and replace them with commands. Why? Because then they can't really resist you. That is what Obama is slowly doing. Things that he never mentioned in his campaigns are now coming to the surface. Hmm...that doesn't surprise me. That man has no respect for this country, the founding fathers, the Constitution, or the Declaration of Independence. Maybe he swore to protect them at all costs but that does not seem to be what he is doing at all. I mean, come on! He let Hilary Clinton illegally be Secretary of State! What's next?


message 13: by ♥®a©h£l♥ (new)

♥®a©h£l♥ | 132 comments Ok. You just need to SHUT UP! Fact: Obama is the president. Fact: Obama loves this country or he would not run for president. Fact: palin is an airhead. Fact: Hillary Clinton nor Obama did anything illegal because HE IS STILL PRESIDENT! NOT MCCAIN! SO GET OVER IT AND STOP SAYING THINGS THAT AREN'T TRUE!


message 14: by Kathleen (last edited Feb 04, 2009 07:38PM) (new)

Kathleen | 243 comments Um..I could say the same thing to you. Palin is not an airhead. Hilary Clinton was not supposed to legally be the Secretary of State because when she was a senator she voted for the pay raise for the Secretary of State and a few other reasons. I think that you need to calm down. Just because I am saying things you don't like doesn't give you a right to tell me to shut up. There are probably things about Obama and his campaign that aren't exactly good. Just think about it without all the Obama-hugging. I try to learn a lot about people before I start making judgments about them. You probably should too. Obama is not perfect but I am not saying that McCain or Palin are. I'm simply pointing out, without being all personal, that Obama has some problems!


message 15: by Sarah jean (new)

Sarah jean  blank (Sarahjean) | 299 comments Lulu wrote: "Ok. You just need to SHUT UP! Fact: Obama is the president. Fact: Obama loves this country or he would not run for president. Fact: palin is an airhead. Fact: Hillary Clinton nor Obama did anythi..."

oh woah. u did not just say that. McCain put more than 5 years of his life in war for america being TOURCHERED by the people- and he could have stopped but he went on for 5 years- and that right there is more than you can say about obama,.




message 16: by Sarah jean (new)

Sarah jean  blank (Sarahjean) | 299 comments whopps miss read i thought u ment mccain did illegal stuf..


message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

Palin and Mccain suck! So hahaha! Obama and Biden are in the white house now!


message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MCCAIN!
GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OBAMA!!


message 19: by Kathleen (new)

Kathleen | 243 comments Please stop doing that. Stop throwing it in our faces as if we just lost some sort of football game or spelling bee. There's no point in it and it's not a very good image for supporting someone. Obama has just started his little reign and already has done some questionable things. Hold your applause until the end of his term, thank you.


message 20: by Sarah jean (new)

Sarah jean  blank (Sarahjean) | 299 comments !Cassie wrote: "Palin and Mccain suck! So hahaha! Obama and Biden are in the white house now!"

actualy the vice doesnt live in the white house so only obama is in the white house


message 21: by [deleted user] (new)

I did not mean that he lives in the white house! I meant he and Obama are IN THE HOUSE!!!!!!!!!!DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUHHHHHHHHHHHHH!


message 22: by [deleted user] (new)

Kathleen wrote: "Please stop doing that. Stop throwing it in our faces as if we just lost some sort of football game or spelling bee. There's no point in it and it's not a very good image for supporting someone. Ob..."

You are the one who was throwing Mccain in our face on elction night and before and your still doing it now!



message 23: by [deleted user] (new)

Be happy that we finally have an african american president for the first time! So shut up and like Lulu said Palin is an airhead and Mccain is her leader! he's an airhead too!


message 24: by Sarah jean (new)

Sarah jean  blank (Sarahjean) | 299 comments did you know, that you are actualy being racist. Liking somebody just for there race is racist- and not like mccain cause he is not black is also racist


message 25: by Kathleen (new)

Kathleen | 243 comments Cassie, I was never "throwing McCain in your faces." I was pointing out things that were good about him and things that weren't right about Obama. I have not been flaunting anything in anyone's face! If I have, find it and re-post my words and I will apologize. Throwing people around as if that will do anything is one thing I don't intend to do..

I NEVER said that I wasn't happy that we have a black president!!!! I NEVER said anything against black people. I think that it's great that we have a black president but I did say that he has some serious problems. Not as a black man but as a politician! Golly, stop putting things in my mouth. I am NOT racist. You are labeling me that because we disagree.

Stop calling McCain and Palin names. Why can't you stop doing that? It is SO pointless. As people who are trying to just debate, leave out the namecalling! Please. It's rather stupid.



message 26: by ♥®a©h£l♥ (new)

♥®a©h£l♥ | 132 comments Well then DEBATE! Cause now you're just arguing


message 27: by Kathleen (new)

Kathleen | 243 comments I am not trying to argue, Lulu. Every time I bring up good points, I am called names! This is not really a debate and it should be. People need to stop being so personal! Calling names and labeling is not what is supposed to be going on. I try to debate. It's rather hard to do when no one else will actually debate with logic and reason. It has become a personal attacking game instead of being a place where people can "sit around" discussing our new government and politics!


message 28: by Abi (new)

Abi (AbigailBlocker) | 17 comments I agree with some people that Palin is a bit inexperienced... but that does not mean that she is stupid! A stupid person would NOT be the governor of Alaska. And she would have certaintely NOT been nominated for vice president if she was stupid!


message 29: by Sarah jean (new)

Sarah jean  blank (Sarahjean) | 299 comments exactly. also- she has more than half of obamas experiance- but she has EXECUTIVE EXPERINACE. presedint is EXECUTIVE EXPERIANCE, senetors make laws presdents, mayors, governers THEY enforce them.

and guess what? palin has more EXECUTIVE experiance then all of the other canidates (obama, biden, and Mccain) combined.


message 30: by ♥®a©h£l♥ (new)

♥®a©h£l♥ | 132 comments It doesn't even matter how much "executive" experience. Obama is still more intelligent. And how exactly did he "illegaly" let Hillary Clinto be secretary of state?


message 31: by Sarah jean (new)

Sarah jean  blank (Sarahjean) | 299 comments ? i didnt know that was illegal... i diidnt say that,,,

anyhoo, why is he more inteligent? what makes him so much smarter?


message 32: by Oceanwaves (new)

Oceanwaves (OceanwavesHeartSoul) | 185 comments What makes Palin better? Even though she might have 'EXECUTIVE' expirence, Obama graduated from HARVARD!! Which is a very hard school to get in to, let alone graduate.


message 33: by Sarah jean (new)

Sarah jean  blank (Sarahjean) | 299 comments do you like bush?


message 34: by Oceanwaves (new)

Oceanwaves (OceanwavesHeartSoul) | 185 comments Nope. I despise Bush.


message 35: by Sarah jean (new)

Sarah jean  blank (Sarahjean) | 299 comments went to Yale for undergraduate, Harvard for MBA.

so it realy doesnt mater where you go to colege. does it?


message 36: by Oceanwaves (new)

Oceanwaves (OceanwavesHeartSoul) | 185 comments Well, Bush has done nothing for this country except destroy it. Unless you think sending troops to Iraq, and people being killed in a fun expiernce, or all the pollution he has let spread, or all the bad funding, and high taxes he's done for poor people and schools, and such. I think that's a REAL good accomplishment!


message 37: by Sarah jean (new)

Sarah jean  blank (Sarahjean) | 299 comments look, the media shows the bad that bush has done.

Inflation under Bush has remained near historic lows at about 2–3% per year, where it has been since the 1990s.

(thats good)

whoops i have to go, i will give u more when i get back.

anyways- you cant judge a person based on the college they go to






message 38: by Abi (new)

Abi (AbigailBlocker) | 17 comments and most defiantely palin went to an ivy league college as well! and i agree that it really doesnt matter what college they went to....


message 39: by Sarah jean (new)

Sarah jean  blank (Sarahjean) | 299 comments actualy palin didnt, she graduated from university of idaho i think. but she is also very intelagent


message 40: by Abi (new)

Abi (AbigailBlocker) | 17 comments oooohh.... but, ya i mean she would not have been elected governor if she wasn't intelligent....


message 41: by Sarah jean (new)

Sarah jean  blank (Sarahjean) | 299 comments yeah


message 42: by Keyanah (new)

Keyanah (drizzleherb-peacelover) | 56 comments Palin is not intelligent. She never even answered questions that people asked her! She just avoided the question buy saying something random. What exactly gives you the idea that she's smart? She really isn't.


message 43: by cleo (new)

cleo (theprincesscleo) | 157 comments I personally think (no offense) that we should not worry about Palin unless you live in Alaska! She is not vice prez ( thank gawd)! And I don't see the point in this debate!


message 44: by Sarah jean (new)

Sarah jean  blank (Sarahjean) | 299 comments she is smart, obama does the same thing. he never answered that guys question


message 45: by Keyanah (new)

Keyanah (drizzleherb-peacelover) | 56 comments I agree with Cleo, about not worrying about Palin.

But, Sarah Jean, at least Obama has a clue what he's doing.


message 46: by Kathleen (new)

Kathleen | 243 comments Okay, stop. Palin is smarter than a lot of people in the United States. I don't think that a stupid, unintelligent person would be elected governor and than picked to be a VP for the U.S.
As for the debates, Biden was extremely rude to Palin as well as to the judges! Palin made great points. Another thing about politics is that sometimes they avoid questions. Obama did it. McCain did it. Biden did it. So what if Palin did it?
And there really isn't any point or reason for "worrying" about Palin. What you need to be worrying about is Obama's new stimulus package.


message 47: by ♫ Tina ♫ (new)

♫ Tina ♫ | 118 comments Sarah jean wrote: "exactly. also- she has more than half of obamas experiance- but she has EXECUTIVE EXPERINACE. presedint is EXECUTIVE EXPERIANCE, senetors make laws presdents, mayors, governers THEY enforce them.
..."


Experience, experience, experience...... You do know that experience was just one thing, and really Obama could have only 42 days experience he still is a great leader. So really don't just judge on one thing, (which I have noticed republicans do alot)there are tons of other reasons why Obama is the president; besides wether you like him or not, you have to deal with it for the next 4 years (8 years!!)


message 48: by ♫ Tina ♫ (last edited Feb 14, 2009 02:55PM) (new)

♫ Tina ♫ | 118 comments Kathleen wrote: "Okay, stop. Palin is smarter than a lot of people in the United States. I don't think that a stupid, unintelligent person would be elected governor and than picked to be a VP for the U.S.
As for ..."


With all due respect for both parties, both Democratic and Republican. Everybody makes mistakes, and Palin made one too, because shes an 'ordinary soccer mom' or an NORMAL person! Personally I don't think McCain made the right choice when picking his vice president, because one of the many reason why McCain lost was because he picked Palin


message 49: by Kathleen (new)

Kathleen | 243 comments It's not just Republicans that are "judging on one thing"!!


All politicians are "normal people." They just have more power than others. Palin was young, yes, but that's no reason to think that she would be a terrible VP. I think that if she ran for the next term, that would be good. Obama has already done so many wrong things!! He is appointing the worst possible people!!! What is wrong with that??


message 50: by Sarah jean (new)

Sarah jean  blank (Sarahjean) | 299 comments Drizzleherb wrote: "I agree with Cleo, about not worrying about Palin.

But, Sarah Jean, at least Obama has a clue what he's doing."


so do all the others running




« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8
back to top