Glens Falls (NY) Online Book Discussion Group discussion

Movies, DVDs, and Theater > "The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian" (2008)

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Joy H., Group Founder (last edited Jan 29, 2009 08:06PM) (new)

Joy H. (joyofglensfalls) | 16697 comments I have just started watching "The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian" (2008) via my TV's On Demand service (offered by Time Warner, my service provider).

This story is based on the writings of C.S. Lewis. It is the second of the seven books in his series known as "The Chronicles of Narnia".

Below is a link to Wiki which explains the background of Lewis's series: ====>
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Chro...

message 2: by Joy H., Group Founder (last edited Jan 31, 2009 10:18PM) (new)

Joy H. (joyofglensfalls) | 16697 comments Guess what? I got sleepy while watching the movie. So I decided to stop and intended to view it the next day. (It's accessible for 24 hrs.)

However, the next day I forgot to watch. So I wasted $3.99. :-(

message 3: by Joy H., Group Founder (last edited Feb 01, 2009 11:11PM) (new)

Joy H. (joyofglensfalls) | 16697 comments I thought I'd add the following info for reference:

The title, _The Chronicles of Narnia_, includes the following books:
1. The Magician's Nephew
2. The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe
3. The Horse and His Boy
4. Prince Caspian
5. The Voyage of the Dawn Treader
6. The Silver Chair
7. The Last Battle

For a discussion of the above order of the books, see the following webpage: ====>
http://www.amazon.com/Chronicles-Narn...
See the customer review of "Godly Gadfly" at the above website.

The reviewer says:
"The order in which the Narnia Chronicles should be read and published is a matter of great controversy."

The other reviews at the above webpage also discuss this issue. It's an interesting one.

To post comments about this issue, please go to: ====>
http://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/1...

Thanks.

message 4: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (thelastwolf) | 4050 comments I saw The Lion, The Wtich and The Wardrobe which I really enjoyed. I even went to the theater for that one, and bought it when it came out on DVD.
I recently saw Prince Caspian, it was good, but I liked LWW better.

message 5: by Joy H., Group Founder (last edited Feb 06, 2009 10:18PM) (new)

Joy H. (joyofglensfalls) | 16697 comments Jackie wrote: "I saw The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe which I really enjoyed. I even went to the theater for that one, and bought it when it came out on DVD..."

I've read that some people think that _The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe_ is the book of the chronicles which should be read first. Other's think that _The Magician's Nephew_ should be read first.

I started reading _The Magician's Nephew_ online and was drawn right in. Haven't read LWW.

message 6: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (thelastwolf) | 4050 comments C S Lewis wrote LWW first, but the events of The Magician's Nephew happened first. Either way is OK, I would think.

message 7: by Joy H., Group Founder (new)

Joy H. (joyofglensfalls) | 16697 comments Jackie wrote: "C S Lewis wrote LWW first, but the events of The Magician's Nephew happened first. Either way is OK, I would think. "

I think so too.