Terminalcoffee discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Feeling Nostalgic? The archives > Comforting rituals

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sally, la reina (new)

Sally (mrsnolte) | 17335 comments Mod
Have we talked about this before?

What are the things you do to calm yourself down, center yourself, to make you feel good at the end of a long day?

I like to listen to David Dye and the World Cafe whilst drinking chamomile and reading under the electric blanket. In the summer it is still David Dye, but then it is drinking Skinny Dip on top of the covers with the window open and the fan on low.

What about you? Do you have a fail-safe routine that never fails to comfort?

message 2: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) I have a glass of wine and watch Jim Lehrer when I get home. That's the extent of my ritual.

Jackie "the Librarian" | 8993 comments Tea and MSNBC after I get home from work and tidy up the kitchen before dinner.

message 4: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments I usually hang out with the kids when I get home from work, so I can't say there are any rituals then that are particularly calming. I read after they fall asleep, or when they're falling asleep, so I guess that counts. During the summer I stay up a little later, and I'm probably more likely than not to sit on the back deck and have a beer while watching the bats depart for the night.

My rituals tend to be more focused on morning and arrival. Right now, 3:53AM, I'm drinking coffee in the dark. I'm learning to love the ritual of making coffee in the morning, then clearing my head before I work out. When I arrive at the office later this morning I'll turn on both table fountains, clear off my desk, and water the plants (if they need water).

I should try listening to World Cafe...

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.