TWILIGHT HATERS discussion

Anti Twilight Rants/Stuff > Midnight Sun?

Comments Showing 1-36 of 36 (36 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Firemirage (new)

Firemirage | 17 comments I heard Meyer isn't going to continue it anymore.

message 2: by Jenn (new)

Jenn its 'on hold indefinatley' i read it and thought it was better than bella POV, which is saying something cuz i LUV twilight....

@_@

message 3: by Firemirage (new)

Firemirage | 17 comments No, no. I heard that she actually "stopped". Not 'hold indefinately'. I don't know the details, but someone should find them.

message 4: by Erin (new)

Erin she is going to continue it when she is less mad (thank u god) she only stopped bcuz someone leaked on to the internet and she was so mad she said if she wrote it now edward and bella would die and James laurent and Victora would kill every human on the earth and it would lead to the earth blowing up

message 5: by Jenads85 (new)

Jenads85 | 52 comments Erin wrote: "she is going to continue it when she is less mad (thank u god) she only stopped bcuz someone leaked on to the internet and she was so mad she said if she wrote it now edward and bella would die and..."

Wow...that's...wow

message 6: by Vivi (new)

Vivi | 18 comments Hm... Midnight Sun. At first I thought it was the sequal to Breaking Dawn or whatever, but then I found out.

Yeah, it would be a mistake on her part; she might as well go bankrupt for all we care.

*first post!*

message 7: by Celine (new)

Celine (catsy2008) Erin wrote: "she is going to continue it when she is less mad (thank u god) she only stopped bcuz someone leaked on to the internet and she was so mad she said if she wrote it now edward and bella would die and..."

Pfft. She probably got really mad because she didn't want anyone to see her bad writing, yet.

message 8: by Simona-- (last edited Jul 28, 2009 11:22AM) (new)

Simona-- I'm kind of intense  (completelyinsane) | 806 comments agreed.
she actually said that she didn't want ppl to see this unedited version of it.
doesnt she mean she didn't want ppl to see it without her editor pointing out some of plot holes?

message 9: by Jenads85 (new)

Jenads85 | 52 comments Saved By Grace wrote: "Oh come on ... I would be ticked off too

Oh, as would I, but the way Meyer said it made her sound like a little kid throwing a tantrum..."the earth blowing up"...lol

message 10: by Celine (new)

Celine (catsy2008) Lol.

I think that she would have a hrad time trying to make a GOOD death scene for Edward and/or Bella is they died. If it'd be anything like the rest of her books...

message 11: by Jenads85 (new)

Jenads85 | 52 comments i definitely agree :)

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

Erin wrote: "she is going to continue it when she is less mad (thank u god) she only stopped bcuz someone leaked on to the internet and she was so mad she said if she wrote it now edward and bella would die and..."

that actually sounds kind of nice... the entire world of sparkelpires destroyed... *dreamy* no matter how crappy it would be, i would read THAT

message 13: by Amelia (new)

Amelia Nichols (miafacexd) | 22 comments DAMN. She's still going to write it? Oh well. It might be better than twilight. It possibly may have homicidal tendencies towards Bella. YAY HOMICIDAL TENDENCIES!

message 14: by Simona-- (new)

Simona-- I'm kind of intense  (completelyinsane) | 806 comments yess! but i read the first 12 chapters, and he's only homicidal for a few chapters. then he becomes obsesso-boyfriend-stalker-ish for the rest.

shame, shame

message 15: by Ain020596 (new)

Ain020596 i apologise, but i think deadward's point of view is better. I'd rather emo comments over whiny protests.yuck.

message 16: by Simona-- (last edited Jul 28, 2009 11:20AM) (new)

Simona-- I'm kind of intense  (completelyinsane) | 806 comments we never said bella's was better! I am in agreement. i was merely pointing out the lack of homicidal tendencies. BAH! stupid sparklepires

message 17: by Ain020596 (last edited Jul 29, 2009 06:02AM) (new)

Ain020596 Hell yeah! Gosh, I have never been so sick about a character's point of view in my life! Bella is the ultra-weak girl! And i so HATE it when she keeps saying she's normal and all these guys are panting after her!!! Its so irritating! I mean, she keeps repeating it! Its like...
Gosh, I'm this NORMAL girl who is not a hair different from other girls. I have no idea why these boys are looking at me. Oh look, Mike is walking me to class and keeps talking to me. I wonder why? Hmm...
Oh, now i'm in love with Edward. He is the SWEETEST most SENSITIVE CHARMING person i have ever met! And he loves me! He's perfect and he has never dated before! I'm his first girlfriend! He must be fascinated with my mind which he can't read. It can't be that he finds me PRETTY. Did i mention I'm perfectly NORMAL?!
Oh gosh, he watches me sleep! How cute!! He's concerned for me, that's all. It can't be that he actually finds me INTERESTING, i mean, i'm NORMAL, a normal girl.
Oh look, i have found out Jacob is in love with me! Poor Jake, in love with boring normal me, who is deeply in love with EDWARD. It must be that he has hit his head from a fall off a bike. It can't be that he actually likes me! I'm just a NORMAL GIRL.
Oh, how sweet, Edward said i'm BEAUTIFUL. AAw, how sweet. He really is PERFECT. He is also charmingly biased. I mean, he's just biased because he loves me. It can't mean that he REALLY finds me pretty! I'm NORMAL!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

message 18: by Luna (new)

Luna | 871 comments OMG!!!! Ain, that was AMAZING!!!!!!!!! I am going to use that a lot now, it was just PERFECT!

message 19: by Killer Queen (new)

Killer Queen (evilbutterflies) Erin wrote: "she is going to continue it when she is less mad (thank u god) she only stopped bcuz someone leaked on to the internet and she was so mad she said if she wrote it now edward and bella would die and..."

and i thought i had anger issues...

message 20: by Simona-- (new)

Simona-- I'm kind of intense  (completelyinsane) | 806 comments Compared to sMeyer, NONE of us have any anger issues

message 21: by Anita (new)

Anita (anitarusso) | 3 comments I think it's plainly stupid to write the same story again from another perspective. Why could Meyer not decide on her point of view initially? It seems as if the story isn't even concluded in her own mind if she has to keep coming back to it.Secretly I think it might be marginally more interesting from Edward's point of view, just because stalking people is more interesting than anything Bella does any day.

message 22: by Anita (new)

Anita (anitarusso) | 3 comments I don't usually comment, I just read what others have written.
I haven't read Midnight Sun because it I refuse to read anything else by Meyer. I think one of the many reasons that the series is so bad is due to her lack of planning. After she's written a few books she suddenly decides to rewrite one of them. She must have not been happy with it to begin with which shows it's all rushed and unplanned. Since that story's already been told, she doesn't need to do it again. One of the best parts of writing is leaving some things unsaid, and letting your reader decide. Meyer ignores this principal.

message 23: by Jesse (new)

Jesse | 38 comments Okay. I read like the first sentence and I was like is this author serious? Just because its Edwards point of view doesn't make their love or their story any more special than it already isn't. Because we all know their love is all PHYSICAL. I mean Bella never really says why she loves him. Because usually when you love someone you have reasons and you can tell someone why you love another person.

I hate her writing.

The only book that wasn't crap by her was The Host. Because I like aliens better than vampires.

message 24: by Fangirl Musings (new)

Fangirl Musings (fangirlmusings) Midnight Sun makes me want to rip Meyer's face off :|...For a plethora of reasons!

First - she pitches a MAJOR whiny bitch-session when her story got leaked. Practically curling up in a ball of hysterics and angry at the world! Get OVER it, idgit. There are far worse things to ever happen to you than having your story leaked.

Second?...The fact that she won't let this shit go! I have never, never, never, NEVER heard of an author so obsessed with her own freakin' tiny story that she's going to retell the same damned thing all over again...but THIS time in a different perspective. I have not heard of such pathetic bullshit in my entire life!

message 25: by Lope (new)

Lope | 80 comments hey,have u guys ever heard that SM actually made another book about another her vampire character,this time based on eclipse?the title is "the short life about bree..." (i am not really remember).so you (acheron) are absolutely right,SM is a pathetic author who obsessed with her own story

message 26: by Fangirl Musings (new)

Fangirl Musings (fangirlmusings) Thanks, Lope...Exactly! The Short Life About Bree Tanner is yet ONE MORE freakin' reason that Meyer has no creativity. She just can't come up with anything outside of Twilight.

The ONE time she did, with The Host, was so atrocious that is was laughable.

message 27: by Lope (new)

Lope | 80 comments ooo... so you already read the host? is it good? or just another disaster like twilight series?

actually at first i kinda like with twilight-both movie and book-but when the series continue to new moon, eclipse, breaking dawn... it become worse and worse

and i still don't get it how an author can be very obsessed with her own stories (which by the way are NOT masterpiece or something like that). look harper lee (writer of a sensational book "To Kill a Mockingbird"), she only published one novel in her life and look what she have done: her book win a Nobel prize!

message 28: by Celine (new)

Celine (catsy2008) Actually, Twi-hards were around when it was just the books.

message 29: by Fangirl Musings (new)

Fangirl Musings (fangirlmusings) I have to disagree and say that the Twi-tard books had zero potential...at least for me. I tried reading the first book, got sixty pages into it and threw it at the closest wall.

Meyer sucks as a writer, and REALLY sucks at creativity. On that basis alone, I didn't touch The Host with a ten foot pole and never will.

In general, I don't mind when authors are hung up on their own stories, so long as there exists creativity, depth, and talent within that series. In Meyer's case...hell no.

As it is, the Twilight dolls are DEFINITELY a joke! They're laughable, and not in the "oh-how-funny" context either.

Ironically, I've bought two collector dolls that are the character recreations from my favorite series (Dark-Hunters by Sherrilyn Kenyon.) The difference being two-fold. One, that series has spawned a total of twenty-three novels and novellas, one series companion book, and a secondary spin off young adult series. AKA - It rocks, and doesn't suck. And two? The dolls I purchased are actually high end valuables, made by the renowned company Ashton-Drake.

It strikes me as painfully comical that, for the people SO enamored of this tripe Twilight "series," the powers that be decided to produce crappy toys that reflects its own crappy series. Apropos to the extreme.

message 30: by Celine (new)

Celine (catsy2008) ~Acheron's Akra~ wrote: "I have to disagree and say that the Twi-tard books had zero potential...at least for me. I tried reading the first book, got sixty pages into it and threw it at the closest wall.

Meyer sucks as a..."

I got to chapter 3... Nothing had happened, and I was like, "No action...?" Lame.

message 31: by Fangirl Musings (new)

Fangirl Musings (fangirlmusings) Celine - you got 3 chapters into Twilight or The Host?

Either way, both books suck to the extreme! LOL

message 32: by Randi (new)

Randi (The Artist Formerly known as Guitar Chick) (guitarchick) | 316 comments Erin wrote: "she is going to continue it when she is less mad (thank u god) she only stopped bcuz someone leaked on to the internet and she was so mad she said if she wrote it now edward and bella would die and..."

I'd like to read that very much.

message 33: by Randi (last edited Oct 23, 2010 08:22AM) (new)

Randi (The Artist Formerly known as Guitar Chick) (guitarchick) | 316 comments Alright, onto my whole opinion now.....
I think I'll write another letter. That seems to be working for me.

Dear Ms. Meyer,

I heard you were working on a new addition to your saga.
I'm quite disappointed.
Don't get me wrong, I've never liked your "books" but Midnight Sun sounds worse than your original four.
The only good thing?
Edward isn't a whiner.
And I did in fact read the chapters your crazed possee leaked.
To end this letter, for my own amusement, I'm posting something I found on Dear Blank Please Blank.
Dear Stephanie Meyer,
Sorry your fandom is so obnoxious, try using less glitter.
Love,
The Potterheads
don't answer this letter,
GC

Vanillaice *there aren't any good new songs, so... you know, it's actually a pretty good letter, but you forgot to add something about the Host- that the thought of putting alien things inside other people has already been thought of by like a thousand crazy people (all of whom were more creative).

message 35: by Mandie (new)

Mandie | 71 comments It's annoying how she had already written the series and then she had to go and make one extra book and attempt another. There is nothing wrong with making books that go along with the others, but only if they tell you something you didn't already know. If we didn't already know all the things Edward was thinking throughout Twilight because Edward told Bella these things already, it could have been interesting. If we didn't already know what happened when Edward left Forks after first meeting Bella it could have been interesting, or if the thoughts we heard other people thinking in Midnight Sun weren't something we already could have guessed through that character's behaviour it could have been interesting. Basically if we were shown anything that Bella didn't know happened or if it added any depth to the characters it could have been interesting, but it didn't. Edward and Bella were with each other for almost all of Twilight so they both experienced the same things, Edward told us in Twilight everything Bella didn't know, and the rest, we could have figured out for ourselves. In other words, Midnight Sun served absolutely no purpose, and was probably only written because Meyer loves the sound of her own voice, or in this case, words.

message 36: by Claere (new)

Claere (omenonwings) | 26 comments I've read a little bit of it. I honestly think it's worse than the original Twilight.