New Moon (Twilight, #2) New Moon discussion

saddest book in the saga

Comments Showing 1-50 of 117 (117 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

Thessa Genesis i gave all the books five stars!!!! i LOVE the twilight saga, they are my favorite books but i think new moon is sssssssooooooo sad (until the end) beacouse edward leaves! althought i thought it was asome that jacob is a warewolf but not cool that vampires and warewolves are enemies! go vampires! and edward is sssooo incanly cute!

message 2: by Annie (last edited Jun 09, 2011 02:24AM) (new) - rated it 1 star

Annie I have major problems with this book, and the whole series actually.

First of which being why on would anyone with sense make someone else their whole world, and don't say they're "soulmates." If Bella had made the effort she probably would have realized that friends are, more often than not, better than any guy who after dating for a while claims to be your "soulmate," if she had any sense she also would have NOT made Edward her whole world.

And secondly it gives the wrong idea to many young girls that they should just find their "soulmate" and settle down and that in doing so will guarrantee happiness, instead of valuing themselves and perhaps interests in other things they keep focusing on this impossible idea of a "soulmate."

This saying can hold true most times: You don't need a man to have a good time.

message 3: by Kelsey H. (new) - added it

Kelsey H. I'd have to agree

Amber. Vampire Queen. Cried when he left :'(

Maja Annie wrote: "I have major problems with this book, and the whole series actually.

First of which being why on would anyone with sense make someone else their whole world, and don't say they're "soulmates." ..."

SOOO AGREE!

message 6: by Jj (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jj lol.. well I cant classify the saga as "good literature" but I enjoyed reading the books... fantasize about the perfect man is always fun! as long as you know it is not true nor possible.. anyways getting back on topic.. I have to agree that New Moon is the saddest... Edward leaves...

Kataury When I first started the Twilight books, I saw major potential in the first one. But the second really killed the entire series. Being a melodramatic teenager over one guy, so much that she tries to commit suicide multiple times, just makes me really hate the character that much. Both weak in mind and willpower, she somewhat deserved to suffer through her first relationship letdown. It was the fact that it took her a rebound to get over it makes her all the more weak and less likeable.

Elaine Amber (loves Dimka and Edward and Shane! + more) wrote: "Cried when he left :'(" I cried too; this was the first of the series I read. I haven't stopped reading since.

Elaine Kataury wrote: "When I first started the Twilight books, I saw major potential in the first one. But the second really killed the entire series. Being a melodramatic teenager over one guy, so much that she tries t..."
I was under the impression that most girls that age sometimes go through their first love heart break. When I was that age I went throught it just wasn't a happy ending. I don't agree with her being weak though

Shawn Keenan Interesting take on the story. I never saw Bella as willing to kill herself, she was just being wildly reckless to experience her halocinations of Edward. And as for her extreme response to him leaving her, we have to remember, he's a vampire, he has a supernatrual effect on women. I think a little of her obsession should be forgiven based on what we have to assume is a rarely documented case of a vampire falling in love with a human and having a relationship with one without killing her.
How's that for making excuses for a story that I was mad reading for about 4/5 of it!

Ariel Shawn wrote: "Interesting take on the story. I never saw Bella as willing to kill herself, she was just being wildly reckless to experience her halocinations of Edward. And as for her extreme response to him l..."

-claps- impressive

Sierra Kataury wrote: "When I first started the Twilight books, I saw major potential in the first one. But the second really killed the entire series. Being a melodramatic teenager over one guy, so much that she tries t..."

Honestly, Bella wasn't intentionally trying to kill herself. If YOU found your very first love and you KNEW you couldn't live without him and then suddenly he leaves,how would YOU feel about that. She wasn't at all trying to kill herself. She was just figuring out ways to see the guy she loved without getting hurt. Jumping off a cliff was no suicide attempt for her. She just wanted to hear his voice. The only reason she almost drowned was because she saw Victoria. I mean personally,if someone was trying to kill me I'd try to get swim away as fast as I can. Just pay attention more and understand because obviously you don't.

Shawn Keenan I actually could really relate to Bella's funk. When I was 17 I fell in love and it took awhile for us to finally get together and then she had to go out of town with her mom for a whole week. I was pretty much like Bella through the 3 month montage, and I'm a guy! So, I think the beauty of these stories is it reminds us of those heady first loves and, of course, dramatizes it for extra effect. How boring would it be to read New Moon to find out Bella got over Edward easily?

Shawn Shawn wrote: "I actually could really relate to Bella's funk. When I was 17 I fell in love and it took awhile for us to finally get together and then she had to go out of town with her mom for a whole week. I ..."

Shawn...first off, nice name. haha.

Second, I agree completely. I read New Moon when my husband, then boyfriend, was off at bootcamp for the Army...reading that book at times was emotionally difficult...nearly impossible, because I was relating so closely to how she felt. Bella loves Edward...love hurts when it's ripped apart and stephenie Meyer really portrayed that flawlessly I think.

Kataury I think it's because I've had to deal with a lot of kids who make the same move as Bella that made me really dislike this book. A lot of girls and guys will set their heart on one person, saying that they're the only one for them and they become very dramatic when the relationship abruptly ends. I see the different side of this type of thing because when this happens they usually need a shoulder to cry on, they don't end up obsessive for 5+ months (or however long Bella was going through sparkle withdrawals). Bella was very very very dramatic in comparison to real life people, a lot of kids get over it after a while, even those that have suicidal tendencies. Because it was her first relationship, I thought Bella should have been willing to really put an effort into getting back on her feet. She acted pathetic by wallowing in self pity and misery over losing her first guy. Yeah, it was some supernatural idol for her to have meaning to live for, but that's a pretty good sum of what a lot of girls believe a guy to be. But whatever anyone else thinks, I still think that she was pretty weak in this book.

Shawn Keenan Was it established that Edward was Bella's first boyfriend? Did she not date before she came to Forks?

Kataury From what I can remember and recall, yeah. He was her first serious boyfriend. I don't think she ever talks about any other guy that she knew or dated back in wherever she came from.

Torie Shawn wrote: "...How boring would it be to read New Moon to find out Bella got over Edward easily?"

True that!

message 19: by Etough (last edited Jun 21, 2011 07:41PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Etough First to answer the question...New Moon was by far the saddest. I actually pretty much bawled through the first half of the book. And the pages with just the months listed, very effective.

I think that people seem to read more into this story than necessary. This is just a fun Y/A paranormal romance novel. It has the exact same type of formula as those PNR books written for adults only much more tame on the sex side.

And BTW...You can still be a strong female while having your story book love.

Lilian The saddest book in the saga is New Moon....EXTREAMLY SAD!!!!!!!!!!!

Caity(: Maja wrote: "Annie wrote: "I have major problems with this book, and the whole series actually.

First of which being why on would anyone with sense make someone else their whole world, and don't say they're..."

i completely agree. it's giving teenagers the idea that it's okay to bawl their eyes out for a boy. boys come and go at my age. it sucks. but, you don't sit in the fetal position for months crying because i boy you've known for a short period of time, leaves you.

message 22: by Alys (last edited Jul 05, 2011 08:52PM) (new) - rated it 1 star

Alys Annie wrote: "I have major problems with this book, and the whole series actually.

First of which being why on would anyone with sense make someone else their whole world, and don't say they're "soulmates." ..."

From the second I read the first book, I hated it. I read all four just to be fair and see if what the hubbub was about. Its not good writing, flat characters, and there is the whole stupid teenage girl bs. Lets go ahead a fuel bad decisions and low standards this generation is already making.

Oh, and to stick with the topic, this isn't the 'saddest' book. Its the most ignorant. I set my copy on fire. No more children need to read this smut.

(I'm not usually so corse. I just really, really despise this book.)

message 23: by Kimi (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kimi Cookie wrote: "The saddest book in the saga is New Moon....EXTREAMLY SAD!!!!!!!!!!!"

I know it was the saddest!

message 24: by Kimi (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kimi Wow there's so many haters in here... If they hate it so much, why still talk about on these discussion posts. Are they trying to convince lovers of it to hate it or something? Still hasn't happened. The more haters talk about it, the bigger it gets. It's so funny. Who doesn't know about Twilight with all the lovers talking about it and the haters hating on it.

It's just so funny to me. I love it! But I love a lot of other books as well... First series I read and I never stopped reading after.

Rachael Kataury wrote: "I think it's because I've had to deal with a lot of kids who make the same move as Bella that made me really dislike this book. A lot of girls and guys will set their heart on one person, saying th..."

There was something... implied in the first book when Edward asked about ex-boyfriends, it was implied she didn't have many. It say she had none.

Lindsey Ummmm.....I didn't like New Moon. It was too slow for me. But I do agree that it was sad when he left bella.

Tara (bizzeereading) Thessa wrote: "i gave all the books five stars!!!! i LOVE the twilight saga, they are my favorite books but i think new moon is sssssssooooooo sad (until the end) beacouse edward leaves! althought i thought it wa..."

I don't think it was sad, but depressing. I just wanted to throttle Bella. Yes, Edward left but she alienated everyone in her life - except Jacob, and she couldn't take it because Edward wasn't there for her.

I can understand feeling sad about. She was in love with the guy, but I just wanted to scream at her, to get off her butt, because yes, he was her first love, but you have other things going for you too.

And no I'm not hating on the book or the series, because I like the series (I have yet to start Eclipse though) but she just made me want to scream (again, lol).

message 28: by [deleted user] (new)

No, no, no you all have it wrong. Eclipse is the saddest book because bella chooses edward and ditv,ches jacob. I hate edward...

Lindsey I GO 4 TEAM EDWARD! He has ABS 2!

Riska Go Team Edward!!! meanwhile Jacob is a poor werewolf. Cant just Bella see his side? She's egoist human.

message 31: by [deleted user] (new)

BOOOOOOOOOO! EDWARD! I DONT CARE WHO HAS ABS! I JUST HATE HIM!

Vannessa Annie wrote: "I have major problems with this book, and the whole series actually.

Thank You! The story is sweet but I have to agree with your opinion

message 33: by Lula (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lula I guess I have to throw my opinion in here too. Bella wasn't just depressed over Edward leaving her. It was the whole life that she had chosen for herself. She was a part of their family - Alice, Carlisle, etc. She wanted them to be her family forever. They all left her. She didn't just lose a boyfriend, she lost them all. She withdrew from everyone to keep herself from feeling the pain. Don't we all try to escape sometimes? Lose ourselves in a book after a bad day at work? Withdrawing from all friends and family for 4+ months is probably a bit much, but everyone deals with grief differently. I love the series. I think they are fun reads and I will read them again someday.

message 34: by Feli (new) - rated it 1 star

Feli STUPIDEST BOOK IN THE SAGA

message 35: by Bedo (new) - added it

Bedo New moon ,how edward ditched her and jacob mad her get over him then when he comes back she goes to him like nothing happened .

Rachel I personally loved the saga, but I agree that New Moon was very depressing to read. The whole story is about how Edward and Bella fall in love and that's what the whole saga revolves around. When Edward left Bella it was for over a length of 300 pages, it was pure agony. All Bella could even talk about was how depressed she was making the novel very boring/depressing. The rest of the saga however, is far better than New Moon.

message 37: by Lulu (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lulu I agree, very sad.

Too Many Thoughts New Moon, definatly.

iomai New Moon, for sure

ضحى الحداد on the contrary I liked the part when Edward leaves because I love Jacob better

message 41: by Dee (new) - rated it 5 stars

Dee Definitely the saddest book. Cried my eyes out.

message 42: by Lauren (new) - added it

Lauren I found it boring! All those chapters when Edward is gone and Bella just mopes around! Get over yourself girl. Bella is a terrible role model for young girls who are looking for their first love. She is so needy! Is this really who you want your young daughters to look up too? If the boy you like leaves you are supposed to spend months in your room crying. Depressing, disturbing, ect.... Loved the rest of the series BTW. Just thought that the story could have done without this nonsense!

Marcie Burruss I do think this book is the saddest of them all for sure...to love someone so much that you are willing to be miserable just to keep her safe what a sacrifice...then to know u cant be in a world without her in it....double awesome!!! but the book did fall a little flat for me but only because it was more about Jacob and less of edward and bella's story....still...i love them all

Alexanne Am I the only one that was relieved when Edward left?

xxgemmaaxx Alexanne wrote: "Am I the only one that was relieved when Edward left?"

Nopee i was glad when he went too:) Bella was so obsessed about Edward, she proper annoyed me, and when he leaves and she just spends months crying and expects jacob to be there for her and then Bella ditches him when Edwards back....... Team Jacob All The Way:) xx

message 46: by Kit (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kit Ty i cried reading this by the end of the story..
i really loved Jacob..

message 47: by Alaa (new) - rated it 1 star

Alaa i personally taught the saddest book was eclipse<<<<< poooooorrrr jacob :'(

message 48: by Maxine (last edited Aug 10, 2011 04:41PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Maxine new moon because Edward just leaves Bella on the ground which is really mean, and also she treats Jacob bad so he leaves too and all her friends think she's just gone mad so she has no one.

Azhia Yes i thought this was the saddest book. I actually cried when he lef it was so sad "/ & to see all the pain bella went through :(

Lindsey definintely new moon

« previous 1 3