Fans of Deverry discussion

The Long Awaited Last Book

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Manda (new)

Manda | 2 comments Kerr has promised that the last book, The Silver Mage, will be out sometime this year. Has anyone heard a more precise date?

I can't tell weather I am more exited to see what the conclusion of this series is going to be, or more sad to read the last of one of my favourite worlds.

message 2: by Wendy (new)

Wendy | 1 comments I think its around November

message 3: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie | 2 comments I've been waiting for the last book as well. although, i'm not as fond of her two most recent books then I was of the rest of the series. I still enjoy them but when I was reading them I felt like it was taking longer to get the ball rolling for the conflict then it did in her other books.

message 4: by Manda (new)

Manda | 2 comments I agree, Stephanie; the stories are taking longer and longer to get started. I did enjoy watching the new Nevyn and Jill get aquainted. (i can't remember what names they are using now)

message 5: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie | 2 comments yeah, i can't remember them either. I did like that too, i didn't start to have real problems untila good way through the second book when all i wanted was for war or something to get started instead of the slow waiting, marching, etc that just seemed to drag on forever.

message 6: by Julie (new)

Julie | 3 comments Mod
I haven't loved the most recent books as much as some of the earlier ones, either, although they were still good. The longest drags in the action (I thought) was in the Red Wyvern and the Black Mage, not the most-most recent books. But then the Fire Dragon came along, which rocked my world. Thus I have great faith in Kit to provide us with a spectacular final climax to the series. I heard fall 09 too, but I don't know how much faith to have in that date at this point, since I don't think she's finished yet.