Pretty Little Liars discussion

Books > Wicked

Comments Showing 1-50 of 56 (56 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Alyssa (new)

Alyssa Thomas (alyssathelibrarian) | 202 comments Mod
This is about Wicked.

message 2: by Maisie (new)

Maisie (maisonian) | 39 comments who do you guys think killed ali?
i think it was her brother jason.

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

i hadn't thought about that

message 4: by Alyssa (new)

Hmmm...Jason is a good bet, but he hasn't been in the books at all except for the flashbacks and stuff. That would be an interesting twist though!

message 5: by Moni (new)

Moni (missmomoallthewayway) | 31 comments its not jason it's one of the girl's or maybe a family member

message 6: by ♫ Tina ♫, <3 so happy <3 (new)

♫ Tina ♫ | 171 comments Mod
Why do u say tht?

message 7: by Moni (new)

Moni (missmomoallthewayway) | 31 comments i just think its not jason cuz they always talk to family first during a murder or disappearance of family

message 8: by Alyssa (new)

that's true, moni. I think the cop has something to do with it...

message 9: by ♫ Tina ♫, <3 so happy <3 (last edited Jul 11, 2009 08:48AM) (new)

me too...never trusted him! because how else wud A know when the girls tell someone tht A is sending them notes!?! So I think Its one of the girls(possibly?) darren, or someone closly affilated w/ darren!! im not to shure why but one of my theories is tht Hannah might of killed Ali, because she wanted to be the most popular girl and she cudnt be with Ali stil there...and as ive mentioned b4 her face is on the last book....

message 10: by Maisie (new)

Maisie (maisonian) | 39 comments hannas face wont b on it! emilys will! hanna was on killer!

message 11: by Alyssa (new)

oh hanna was on killer? i thought it was emily! ohhh, i guess you're right!

message 12: by ♫ Tina ♫, <3 so happy <3 (last edited Jul 13, 2009 03:07PM) (new)

wait, EMG yr soo rite!! can't believe i missed tht!!

message 13: by ♫ Tina ♫, <3 so happy <3 (new)

mayb emily has something to do with it then....?? lol oops! :DD

message 14: by Maisie (new)

Maisie (maisonian) | 39 comments once u guys finish killer you will understand A LOT more of who the killer is......

message 15: by ♫ Tina ♫, <3 so happy <3 (new)

ooh!! i cannot wait!!!! :)

message 16: by Courtney (new)

Courtney | 12 comments Hanna is on Killer, but Emily is on Heartless (next book coming out). It should be Aria. Cause it goes Spencer, Hanna, Aria, then Emily. So Emily should be on Twisted and Aria on Heartless....

message 17: by ♫ Tina ♫, <3 so happy <3 (new)

Yepp! Mayb Emily is the one with a big secret...?? I mean shes just gay--wait sry she just lovs ppl..and thats not a crime....hmm...

message 18: by Jessica (new)

Jessica | 46 comments this book seriously needs to come out in paperback.

message 19: by Alyssa (new)

Jessica, I agree! I used to only buy in paperback, but I have been so impatient with book releases that I buy them in Hardcover now! lol

message 20: by Jessica (last edited Nov 28, 2009 06:44PM) (new)

Jessica | 46 comments i know, right? i always buy my books in paperback because it's cheaper. it would be so nice to have all my books in hardcover, it would look like such a nice collection too. but right now all i have in my pockets is lint haha. so the cheap way it is for me at the moment! just sucks that we usually have to wait another six months-ish for the paperback. i like the books, but i don't think i want to pay $20 a piece. i'm waiting for quite a few books to some series right now.. i'm going to go crazy ha.

message 21: by Alyssa (new)

haha! same here! I also hate when a series is originally released in paperback, but then gets really popular so the editors or whomever decide to release the rest in hardcover! But, I usually don't pay the $17.99 price because I buy all HC at Walmart and Target and you can save anywhere from $8-$5!

message 22: by Jessica (last edited Nov 29, 2009 12:18PM) (new)

Jessica | 46 comments yah i hear at walmart you can get like 30% off the cover price, i should start looking around there once in awhile to see what i can pick up. i order online over chapters too and that way you can save a good amount of money. of course the money i save, i just end up putting towards more books ha.

another thing that really bothers me is if the cover art doesn't match, or if they decide to release the rest of the books in a different format. it's just they will be sitting on my shelf all nice and they don't go together. that's what is happening with my glory st clair series (good series by the way, well at least i think so). everytime they come out with a new book, glory doesn't look the same on the cover. and i heard they're releasing the rest of the books in trade paperback format instead of mass market like before.

sorry, i ramble haha. =/

message 23: by Alyssa (new)

no that's okay! lol.

Yeah I agree with you! I hate when the hardcover cover is really cool, but the paperback one isn't. Especially if it's really easy to do the same cover...lol.

Yeah, I read the House of Night series as well (one of 1 million series I read, haha) and the first four were released in paperback, but now since they are getting really popular the rest are being released in hardcover all because the publishing companies want to make more money! :(

Losers....

lol.

Anyways...what other series do you read?

~alyssa

message 24: by Jessica (new)

Jessica | 46 comments yah i was reading the house of night series too, it was good but nothing amazing. still, it would be nice to know what is going to happen and i stopped reading after the fourth book because i had to wait for the damn paperback. i'll pick up hunted one of these days.

house of night by pc cast, glory st clair by gerry bartlett, sookie stackhouse by charlaine harris, mortal instruments by cassandra clare, pretty little liars by sara shepard, soul screamers by rachel vincent, darkest powers by kelley armstrong, dream catcher by lisa mcmann, blue bloods by melissa de la cruz. that's all the series i'm trying to finish.. either waiting for a book to come out or a different format. i have so many series that i have on my to read shelf that i want to get into, but i am jobless and broke haha. what about you?

message 25: by Alyssa (new)

I did the exact same thing with HON. I finishd the fourth when it came out, but I haven't yet read Hunted or even Tempted. I have decided recently that I'm done waiting for paperback. It's actually been like a weight off of my shoulders! lol

I read:
Harry Potter, The Vampire Academy, House of Night, Pretty Little Liars, Private, Twilight saga, The Secrets of My Hollywood Life, Meg Cabot, Alyson Noel,Jodi Picoult, Evermore series, TTYL series, The Luxe, Gossip Girl, The It Girl, The A-List, The Clique (only because I started when I was in 6th grade...and I have to find out how it ends, so I read it still! lol),Poseur, Alphas, Privilege... That's pretty much it for series. I read a lot more girly ya than you..lol.

I also read a lot of stand alones, just none I can really think of right now!

And I have been desperately trying to read: (but I have no money or time!)
The Blue Bloods, The Vampire Diaries, and some other stand alones.

That's pretty much it!

If I had to recommend anything to you though, it would be the Private series by Kate Brian and The Vampire Academy series by Rachelle Mead! They are sooo cute. Two of my faves.

~alyssa

message 26: by Jessica (last edited Dec 01, 2009 12:28PM) (new)

Jessica | 46 comments yah you kinda do read more girly than me haha, i don't know i'm just not into all those gossip girl type books. i like the show a lot, but i'm not really driven to read books like it. i like supernatural and paranormal series with vampires, werewolves, witches and things like that.

if i had to recommend something.. hmm.

sookie stackhouse by charlaine harris is one of my favourites (if you have watched or heard of true blood, that's the series the show came from). first book = dead until dark.

glory st clair series by gerry bartlett is pretty good too, it's another vampire series but this time about a curvy vampire so it's a nice change. first book = real vampires have curves.

another series that everyone seems to like, but i haven't read yet, is black dagger brotherhood series by J.R. ward. first book = dark lover.

mortal instruments by cassandra clare is good. everyone who i know that has read it, has really enjoyed it. has a bit of everything paranormal. first book = city of bones.

soul screamers by rachel vincent is a new series that i ordered the first book to and liked it. it's about bean sidhes (banshees), so something that people haven't really written about yet so a nice change. first book - my soul to take.

gemma doyle series by libba bray, i just had to add it. it's set in the 1800s and is about a girl who has powers to enter another world. first book = a great and terrible beauty.

the first three series that i listed are adult, so i don't know how you feel about sex in the books you read, but there's sexy time in them haha. just thought i'd tell you beforehand, because some people would rather not read about it. glad you don't mind that i talk a lot, because jeeze. but hey, it's a site where people recommend books and talk about books.. so whatever haha.

message 27: by Alyssa (new)

Haha, I don't care about sex in books! lol. The more the better. I was extremely disappointed when some love making scenes were left out of Breaking Dawn...but that's a whole other issue, haha.

Yes, I have heard of the Sookie Stackhouse series, but I heard of True Blood (my favorite show of all time! :) ) before I heard they were based on books, and I don't know if I am going to read them because I like the show sooo much and hear there are many major differences...so who knows?

I also meant to say that I have been trying desperately to read the Mortal Instruments books, but no time or money...for now! lol.

I used to hate supernatural books, but now I love them! haha

~alyssa

message 28: by Jessica (new)

Jessica | 46 comments i agree, the more the better! haha. oh there were sex scenes left out of breaking dawn? i didn't know this, that sucks. but i guess i can see why, because it was for a younger audience. damn young kids, ha.

ooohh a fellow true blood fan! it's one of my favourite shows too, definitely in the tops. yah, there is quite a few differences in the show versus the series, but they're all good changes. one big thing is that the show doesn't revolve around just sookie's life but a bunch of people so there's a lot more going on. plus more story is added because it has to be amped up for tv. i seriously can't wait for this season though.. we get to see some werewolves! =D

i know how you feel about being broke haha, that's me too pretty much. i get a little money, but nothing close to what i would want to spend on books. when you get to the mortal instruments, let me know how you like them!

message 29: by Alyssa (new)

I will definitely let you know!

Yeah, I am True Blood obsessed. And I got everyone I know hooked too! Even my mom! So, it's kinda weird watching it with her...lol

message 30: by Jessica (last edited Dec 03, 2009 01:31PM) (new)

Jessica | 46 comments i don't have HBO, so i have to wait til like 2am and check if it's uploaded on a site that i get it from. so me and my mom don't sit together to watch it because i sit at the computer, but yah that would just be kinda weird with all the sex scenes haha. i'd just be sitting there like oookay, awkward.

message 31: by ℑ.ℓ☺ (new)

ℑ.ℓ☺ (fashioncoquette97) | 28 comments I think that A will be revealed in Wanted

message 32: by Alyssa (new)

I think so too, because that is the last book. ;)

message 33: by ℑ.ℓ☺ (new)

ℑ.ℓ☺ (fashioncoquette97) | 28 comments Same here! lol even tho i already said haha did u read heartless yet?

message 34: by Alyssa (new)

yep! I loved it!

message 35: by ℑ.ℓ☺ (new)

ℑ.ℓ☺ (fashioncoquette97) | 28 comments same here i got it like the day after it came out i ordered it in november i guess u could say im a little obsessed ;)

message 36: by Lubna (new)

Lubna (smallintrovert) Alyssa wrote: "Hmmm...Jason is a good bet, but he hasn't been in the books at all except for the flashbacks and stuff. That would be an interesting twist though!"

i think its either one of the girls and they just dont remember cz they were traumitized after or its one of ali's parents or spencers parents... but i guess we'll just have to wait and find out :D

message 37: by Lubna (new)

Lubna (smallintrovert) Robin♥☮☯☆♡❤❥♪♩♫♬ wrote: "same here i got it like the day after it came out i ordered it in november i guess u could say im a little obsessed ;)"

i ordered mine right after heartless came out. i read heartless the day after it came out and then i went straight to the store and ordered it :D im obsessed too :D

message 38: by Noelle (last edited Feb 18, 2010 04:08PM) (new)

Noelle (missnoellerenee) | 63 comments Pretty Little Liars on TV!

It's official! Pretty Little Liars will premier as a one-hour TV series on ABC Family this June! The network has ordered ten episodes based on Sara Shepard's bestselling books. The cast is already in place, the pilot has already been filmed, and we can't wait!!!!

Check out the cast:

Aria Montgomery - Lucy Hale
Spencer Hastings - Troian Bellisario
Hanna Marin - Ashley Benson
Emily Fields - Shay Mitchell
Alison DiLaurentis - Sasha Pieterse
Mona Vanderwall - Janel Parrish
Melissa Hastings - Torrey Devitto
Mike Montgomery - Igor Hudacek
Maya St. Germain - Bianca Lawson
Ezra Fitz - Ian Harding

Congratulations to Sara...and to all of us PLL fans! With the TV show and WANTED arriving this June, it's going to be the best month ever. Are you ready?

I know we all already knew but what do you think about the cast? http://blogs.prettylittleliars.com/tr...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tereig...

message 39: by Noelle (last edited Feb 18, 2010 04:08PM) (new)

Noelle (missnoellerenee) | 63 comments OMG!!!I just found the script for the pilot episode of PLL reading it now! http://stashbox.org/787385/Pretty%20L...

message 40: by ℑ.ℓ☺ (new)

ℑ.ℓ☺ (fashioncoquette97) | 28 comments OMG OMG OMG IM SO EXCITED I CAN'T WAIT FOR JUNE!!!

message 41: by Noelle (new)

Noelle (missnoellerenee) | 63 comments I know!!!!!!

message 42: by ℑ.ℓ☺ (new)

ℑ.ℓ☺ (fashioncoquette97) | 28 comments I read the script, well some of it. It was good but i think they should use the people that posed for the books. That's who i always picture whenever i read the books. Do you think so?

message 43: by Noelle (new)

Noelle (missnoellerenee) | 63 comments I agree but they might not be actresses

message 44: by ℑ.ℓ☺ (new)

ℑ.ℓ☺ (fashioncoquette97) | 28 comments They could start lol :) I will be so confused when I watch it because I picture the girls on the books!

message 45: by Noelle (new)

Noelle (missnoellerenee) | 63 comments Yeah I know:)And especially Spencer I thought she would be idk...prettier

message 46: by ℑ.ℓ☺ (new)

ℑ.ℓ☺ (fashioncoquette97) | 28 comments ik same here i think hannah should be different i mean, she described her "poop brown hair" in the book but she's a blonde? what?

message 47: by Hannah (new)

Hannah | 15 comments Well, i pictured hannah as a blonde from the start, and i couldn't really get it in my head that she wasn't. I also saw Mona as having black hair.

message 48: by ℑ.ℓ☺ (new)

ℑ.ℓ☺ (fashioncoquette97) | 28 comments I pictured hanna as...hanna with the girl on Flawless and Killer, it's just that's who's stuck in my head now. i pictured mona sort of like alice in twilight, but blonder and not the hair flip out at the end, sort of like my friend Saffron's hair. Since i'm on the subject, i pictured melissa like spencer's body shape only a little shorter and long straight brown hair kind of like hanna's only longer. And ian, if u've seen the Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants U know that guy who plays...Ian in the movie lol.

message 49: by Alyssa (new)

I pictured Spencer exactly like the model on PLL and Wicked. I also pictured Hanna as a blonde.

I'm going to read the script and watch that YouTube video right now! :D

message 50: by Alyssa (new)

oh, my gosh this script is AMAZING!!! I really hope this is a real script. :)

« previous 1