Jude Deveraux discussion

Montgomery Books

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

ஐ Briansgirl (Book Sale Queen)ஐ (BriansGirlKate) I notice you have The Black Lyon listed as a stand-alone book but I have it in notes as one of the first Montgomery books. Just wondering which group is really belongs in. I could be wrong, but thought I'd ask to check.

message 2: by Alanna (new)

Alanna (alannajean18) | 4 comments Mod
Yes I do believe it is a Montgomery book.. I think when I added all these books I hadn't read some of them.

message 3: by Parinya (new)

Parinya | 4 comments Which books are under Montgomery books? I have been reading books that I could get from the library which jump around. Can anyone tell me the list? Thank you so much!

message 4: by Love to Escape (new)

Love to Escape | 2 comments Parinya wrote: "Which books are under Montgomery books? I have been reading books that I could get from the library which jump around. Can anyone tell me the list? Thank you so much!"

The Black Lyon was one of Jude's first books and is the ancestor for the Velvet/Montgomery series. The first book is Gavin and Judith, Velvet Promise; Highland Velvet with Stephen and Bronwyn; Velvet Song with Raine and Alex; last one is Velvet Angel with Miles and Elizabeth. From this series, it is the foundation to some of other Jude's books who are direct descendents of the Montegomerys in the Velvet Series. If you continue to read her books, its fun to see references to this series. Happy reading! I am sure you will enjoy this series and many other Devereux books as I have. Definitely a Devereaux fan since my teens.

message 5: by Parinya (new)

Parinya | 4 comments Thank you so much for the information. I will definitely get the Black Lyon first.

message 6: by Najeeba (new)

Najeeba Al-Sada (ArchtNajeeba) | 2 comments ME TOO .. DEFINITELY I'LL GET THE BLACK LYON

message 7: by Kujo317 (new)

Kujo317 | 2 comments I hope I don't post twice. I think I just accidentally deleted my comments. So here I go again.

The Black Lyon is the first Montgomery book. Many references are made to the Montgomery looks. It all starts with Ranulf. Black hair dark looks. And Lyonene's green eyes. In the Velvet Saga the Montgomerys have a tapestry of The Black Lyon. Gavin compares Raine to Ranulf in one scene. Ranulf begins the Montgomery line & the family tradition of marrying rich women.

Great story. Don't miss it.

message 8: by Yelena (new)

Yelena Fortalejo (thegreeneyedgoddess) | 1 comments Velvet Series... =)

message 9: by Brittany (new)

Brittany | 4 comments Her newest book, True Love, is bringing back the Montgomery-Taggert families!!! LOVED IT! It's the Nantucket Bride Trilogy.