Tamora Pierce discussion

Your Favorite Places in the Tortall Universe?

Comments Showing 1-22 of 22 (22 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Alexandra (new)

Alexandra (alexandrans) | 27 comments I was just wondering what people's favorite locations in the Tortall Universe are. And I don't just mean actually in Tortall, but also Scanra (who would want to spend time there though?), Carthak, The Copper Islands, The Yamani Isles, Tyra, Maren, Galla, Tusaine, etc. Or just your favorite Tortallan city (mine is Pirate's Swoop). And hmm, I really liked when Alanna was in the Bazhir Desert in The Woman Who Rides Like a Man. And all of the places when she was traveling to and back from the Roof of the World (and the Roof itself) in Lioness Rampant. And the parts where Kel was traveling during her time as a squire with Raoul. Just one more, I promise - the area where Sir Myles lives/Trebond is located. It sounds beautiful the way Ms. Pierce described it. Ok haha, I better stop now, since I've put so many already. Give me your opinions!

message 2: by Alexandra (new)

Alexandra (alexandrans) | 27 comments Yeah, that river did sound kind of cool. I mean the landscape did seem pretty nice, but I was thinking more about the conditions the people were living under with their...government situation. Oh yeah, I forgot about the palace description!

message 3: by Alexandra (last edited Mar 17, 2009 12:44PM) (new)

Alexandra (alexandrans) | 27 comments That would be cool. Maybe something where Shinkokami goes back home with Roald or something? Hmm...
Oooh, and Kel could go back with her too, since she spent so much time there. =)

message 4: by Karina (new)

Karina Or maybe something like the arly years of Kel?

message 5: by Karina (new)

Karina yeps. she was thinking about it.

message 6: by Karina (new)

Karina i know!! it comes out apirl 19th and i totally can't wait for it!

message 7: by Alexandra (new)

Alexandra (alexandrans) | 27 comments Same here! It seems like it's taking forever to come out, although I suppose it's just cause I want to read it so much.

message 8: by Karina (new)

Karina I remember and i love it. i can't wait. i read the like the first five pages or so of it and the back and it seems really good.

message 9: by Karina (new)

Karina ugh. omg i can't remember that!

message 10: by Karina (new)

Karina ugh.......i'm going to find it!

message 11: by Karina (new)

Karina yeah i thought that was sad. and horrible!!!! and i can't find his name anywehre!!! ugh!

message 12: by Karina (new)

Karina i don't own the book so i'm just checking the web...

message 13: by Karina (new)

Karina IT'S ROSTO!

message 14: by Karina (new)

Karina yeps. that was Roland. Rosto is the kisser.

message 15: by Karina (new)

Karina that's alot of ladies without names

message 16: by Karina (new)

Karina lol. it's fine.

message 17: by Karina (new)

Karina oh them! see, names help. The only one I knew of what you were saying about was Sabine cause she was the only laty knight then.

message 18: by Karina (new)

Karina the little things in life are free.

message 19: by Karina (new)

Karina Um...ugh. i can never rmemeber anyones names when i talk on here. >.< but i think i know who your tlaking about. I kind of thing Ersken reminds me a bit like Daine, but not like a whole bunch.

message 20: by Alexandra (new)

Alexandra (alexandrans) | 27 comments I was reading through this and I thought I remembered Terrier but I think I'm gonna have to re-read it now, cause I don't completely remember all of the names and everything that are being mentioned, since it's been so long.

message 21: by Alexandra (new)

Alexandra (alexandrans) | 27 comments Me too. But I think I'll have to re-read it before I attempt Bloodhound, just so I'll know what's going on haha.

message 22: by Courtney (new)

Courtney | 9 comments ha. I love how they portray Corus in the Beka books.