Travel Literature Makes My Heart Beat Faster.. discussion

Baltic region- Latvia especially

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lynn (new)

Lynn | 4 comments Can anyone recommend some good books on the Baltic region? My family is planning a trip to the "motherland" of Latvia. I have the most difficult time finding information about this region, so any help would be great! I would be especially interested in something written in the vein of Bill Bryson, but any suggestions are welcomed.

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

I'm trying to remember if Long Way Round by Ewan McGregor and Charley Boorman included this area, I know they went through a few former Soviet Republics.

message 3: by Claire (new)

Claire | 3 comments There is one released fairly recently on Lithuania, but I don't know of any others. Long Way Round didn't go through the Baltics.From Russia with Lunch A Lithuanian Odyssey

message 4: by Harvey (new)

Harvey | 52 comments I'll obviously have to start writing! Can't think of anything in the market which is a great shame. Good luck with your travels. Latvia is my spiritual home and I have had some wonderful times there, My fewer trips to Estonia and Lithuania have also been very pleasant.

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

If you are interested in some fiction, you could try 'The Dogs of Riga' by Henning Mankell...

Suzi