Courage of Fear Quotes of the Day discussion

Tell me What you Think?

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Barbara (last edited Jan 29, 2009 12:33PM) (new)

Barbara Boyer (barbara_boyer) | 34 comments Mod
"Love is not an act based on conditions. Love is the condition all other acts are based on." Courage of Fear

K, this is usually where i fill in some story that tells you what this saying means to me or where it originated.

Now I want to do something different. I want to learn something from you. When you read this, what does it means to you?

After I have about twenty responses, i will post where it actually came from... It is a good story, but yours first.

Have a grand day all.
Barbara
www.beboyer.com

message 2: by Shane (new)

Shane | 1 comments Giving unconditionally can eventually lead to the opposite of love - resentment and hate - if there is no reciprocation. Therefore, love needs to have checkpoints built into the giving - is the respondant responding? If yes - keep bringing it on and enjoy love in all its bounty. If not - then alter the method of expressing love until the respondant sees value. And if you fail completely to elicit a response, find someone to love before the resentment, hate and all those opposites of love start to build up. This may sound like a bit of downer, but it's based on practical experience - Shane